Home

Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

This is a discussion on Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2014, 06:31 PM   #1001
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
EA is going to make a sim football game and Cam and Rex are pretty much hellbent on it, Simfballcritic said many times that everything people want to see in a sim football game is coming. He told me we all have no idea where they are about to go in the next two years. He also said last year that by Madden 16 any developer would have a hard time to try and compete with Madden. We'll see, but he's pretty much been spot on about Madden since becoming a GC. Last year he was saying next gen M25 is still called M25 and people needed to keep that in mind and not to expect too much, I was one who did and I admit that but from this point forward I think I'm pretty realistic about my expectations.
Yeah I agree with Simfballcritic being on point. I follow him on youtube and have always enjoyed his videos. He lost me real quick with saying the half-time show was better than NBA 2k14's though, lol. IDK what he was talking about with that one. Maybe he was gassed off the E3 hype.

I personally can't wait to play the game, even though I'm going to have to. I don't even care about a demo, just give me the retail. Gotta wait to pick it up used but, I know it's going to be worth it since I did enjoy 25 for what it is.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2014, 06:40 PM   #1002
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Yeah I agree with Simfballcritic being on point. I follow him on youtube and have always enjoyed his videos. He lost me real quick with saying the half-time show was better than NBA 2k14's though, lol. IDK what he was talking about with that one. Maybe he was gassed off the E3 hype.

I personally can't wait to play the game, even though I'm going to have to. I don't even care about a demo, just give me the retail. Gotta wait to pick it up used but, I know it's going to be worth it since I did enjoy 25 for what it is.
He was talking about the storytelling and dynamic aspect of it but idk. We'll have to see the final build of it and more examples of it in action. So far I don't see it either but hopefully he's right in the end.
Old 06-15-2014, 07:12 PM   #1003
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman24
Still noticing the overpowered NFL Blitz hit stick. I wish they tone it down like NCAA did last year.

Booooo!!! Lol. C'mon, man. The hitstick is one of the few things madden ever got right! You have GOT to be able to lay the wood from time to time. Now, not everyone should be able to lay the wood every time. But, I definitely want to see big hitters hit BIG. This is actually another sliderable change u can make, too, btw. Try fumble 69+, and u won't see as much hit sticking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-15-2014, 07:25 PM   #1004
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Booooo!!! Lol. C'mon, man. The hitstick is one of the few things madden ever got right! You have GOT to be able to lay the wood from time to time. Now, not everyone should be able to lay the wood every time. But, I definitely want to see big hitters hit BIG. This is actually another sliderable change u can make, too, btw. Try fumble 69+, and u won't see as much hit sticking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am not arguing with you or anything, my only concern is that it is mostly all reward and little risk. I remember when the hit stick was first introduced there was risk involved, you could whiff pretty easily. It seems automatic now and that bugs me. I wouldn't mind seeing it toned down personally, like the guy said, this isn't NFL Blitz. I wouldn't mind big hit animations being tied more to ratings than someone being able to hit B (to switch players) and flick the right stick as fast as possible every play.

Just my two cents. Not saying I am right and anybody is wrong, just my opinion

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-15-2014, 08:20 PM   #1005
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
I am not arguing with you or anything, my only concern is that it is mostly all reward and little risk. I remember when the hit stick was first introduced there was risk involved, you could whiff pretty easily. It seems automatic now and that bugs me. I wouldn't mind seeing it toned down personally, like the guy said, this isn't NFL Blitz. I wouldn't mind big hit animations being tied more to ratings than someone being able to hit B (to switch players) and flick the right stick as fast as possible every play.

Just my two cents. Not saying I am right and anybody is wrong, just my opinion
yeah, right on. I hear u, both. As an FYI, I am a 95-99% Offline player, lol. I think I stopped playing online a couple years ago when some jacka$$ played with the Steelers and basically ran the toss sweep HB throw trick play every other play. I knew it was coming, but my D could never stop it. Then, I played some other goof that basically lined up in a goaline offense all game and passed every play. lol. That's all I needed, some goofs using money plays over and over and just playing stupid looking football, so I went back to offline Franchise. So, I think u guys are both talking about H2H and/or online, so I don't ever see the abuse against the cpu. And, as for myself, I have to line up hitsticks well or I will whiff. But, more often than not, I connect. So, I can understand toning them down, particularly for H2H play. But, for me, this is probably the ONE area that I'm ok with a little arcady. Overall, I want to see some big hits, but not on every play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2014, 08:42 PM   #1006
Rookie

csamuelsvt's Arena

OVR: 1

New footage I think from nfl.com

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fan-pa..._videos_madden

Apparently "Omaha" is in which is nice
Old 06-15-2014, 09:03 PM   #1007
Pro

OVR: 2

Graphics are really good. Animations still weird. On that JJ Watt tackle, Clowney just stared.
Old 06-15-2014, 10:23 PM   #1008
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

I don't know why, in this day and age, they don't have like a "tournament addition" where they can have like a dlc where it's online h2h but the game is geared towards the online only community. Split the dev team up, and have a team dedicated to that crowd, and hen have a team for the core game with offline features,etc.

There seems to be a general, split in the community and it seems to create development stress and confusion. Jus sayin

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »