Home

Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

This is a discussion on Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
How SDS Can Improve the 'Full Minors' Feature for MLB The Show 21
Top 10 Shootout Players to Fear in NHL 21
Skatebird Preview - Updated Hands-On With New Rooftop Level
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-16-2014, 08:22 AM   #1017
Strategy Over Skills

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Added Madden 15 Gameplay user vs user from Smitty to OP
There's no link it seems.
Old 06-16-2014, 08:28 AM   #1018
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
There's no link it seems.
Oops should be up now

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise
Old 06-16-2014, 10:34 AM   #1019
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

The AiirXjones video was pretty good to evaluate since he did some slo mo on it.

I don't understand that if EA is boasting improved defense (fine for tightened coverage and d line interactions/pass rush, we all agree that any improvement is good) but why tamp down on the hit stick? Of all the things we gripe about, who doesn't love the hit stick? Correct me if I am wrong, but now you need X in order to use the hit stick? I saw no substantial gang tackling or collisions that are ALREADY in Madden 25. I've seen no bone-crunching hits to date, they are ALREADY in Madden 25.

Also to emphasize my concern about the changes, if the defense is such a focus, why was Russell Wilson running all over the friggin' field? I have the impression that collisions and gang tackling have been reduced and tampered with in order to increase the percentage of one on one tackles, with the goal, perhaps, being reducing the amount of suction blocking. I don't see the need if you have moves that can release you from a block.

Love the graphics, overlays, presentation, d line changes, and coverage changes. Why did they have to F with the hit stick and tackling?

Please tear my post apart. Prove me wrong because I don't want to be right. Oh EA, please don't take my hit stick away!

Last edited by l8knight1; 06-16-2014 at 10:38 AM.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:46 AM   #1020
Rookie

breakinggood's Arena

OVR: 0

pretty sure you can still use the right stick for laying the hit stick as well, along with X. they're just dumbing it down for the casual player as well from what it seems.
Old 06-16-2014, 11:04 AM   #1021
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakinggood
pretty sure you can still use the right stick for laying the hit stick as well, along with X. they're just dumbing it down for the casual player as well from what it seems.
I think you are right on that one. Also, just now checking QJB's video that I didn't see until now, and some of what I'm seeing is a bit of a relief.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2014, 11:40 AM   #1022
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
The devs mentioned that hot routes/audibles were changed to be more realistic and take more time, but I'm not seeing this at all.

One of the more recent videos has the guy making hot route adjustments and it looks the exact same animation-wise as it was in the past.
I still don't understand why folks want this to be slowed down. I get that some folks abused it, but having gamers wait for drawn out animations before changing another route is not realistic. QBs can change a route with a simple look. I don't think yall realize how many adjustments are made without viewers knowing.

I also think if the playbook was tiered properly, folks wouldn't feel the need to create plays at the line.

And the AI & animations need to be better.
Old 06-16-2014, 11:51 AM   #1023
MVP

JKSportsGamer1984's Arena

OVR: 0

I've been seeing a lot of player clipping/morphing after the play in all the vids I've watched so far. I really hope they clean that up before release. I'm also noticing fullbacks still sliding into position presnap smh. That's one of my pet peeves. EA tighten this up!
Old 06-16-2014, 12:23 PM   #1024
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I still don't understand why folks want this to be slowed down. I get that some folks abused it, but having gamers wait for drawn out animations before changing another route is not realistic. QBs can change a route with a simple look. I don't think yall realize how many adjustments are made without viewers knowing.

I also think if the playbook was tiered properly, folks wouldn't feel the need to create plays at the line.

And the AI & animations need to be better.
For me, it's because it's unbalanced. The offense can change 5 routes in a second, but it is much more cumbersome on defense. I have manually click on each defender to change an assignment. If EA would go with 2k defensive hot routes where they can be changed just as quickly it wouldn't be an issue.

Overall These videos as a whole are just not getting me excited for Madden. Presentation and camera angles look good, but the animations and movement are the same. I was waiting to pick up a ps4 until I heard more about the license situation and see some vids and I'm glad I did. I just can't justify it based on what I've seen. Without a football game I like, the console isn't worth a purchase.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »