Home

Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

This is a discussion on Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
F1 2021 Review - One for the Ages
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Include Brand New Swing Mechanics, Three Click Swing Returns
FIFA 22 Gameplay: Breaking Down the Latest Details
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-16-2014, 12:45 PM   #1025
Underdog

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
For me, it's because it's unbalanced. The offense can change 5 routes in a second, but it is much more cumbersome on defense. I have manually click on each defender to change an assignment. If EA would go with 2k defensive hot routes where they can be changed just as quickly it wouldn't be an issue.
I basically share this sentiment; the pre-play offensive controls in Madden historically have given the offense a tremendous advantage compared to the counterparts on defense. Tiburon has done a number of things to mitigate this advantage - be it the delay in commands for the offense or smarter AI during the play for the defense - but it won't really be fixed until the defensive preplay command set is streamlined further beyond what even the Strategy Pad offered.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2014, 12:49 PM   #1026
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Yeah, a lot of times when you play a user as soon a the huddle breaks you an hear the QB making the hot route signal and the guy has already changed 3 things before even seeing your defense, setting up the "perfect play bro!" as so often happens in Madden. I definitely don't mind seeing hot routes toned down or defense at least given a chance to adjust

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-16-2014, 12:55 PM   #1027
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I still don't understand why folks want this to be slowed down. I get that some folks abused it, but having gamers wait for drawn out animations before changing another route is not realistic. QBs can change a route with a simple look. I don't think yall realize how many adjustments are made without viewers knowing.

I also think if the playbook was tiered properly, folks wouldn't feel the need to create plays at the line.

And the AI & animations need to be better.
It's 100% because online players abuse it. It's also not realistic for a QB to change 5 players' assignments before they have approached the LOS.

I agree that if the play calling was structured differently it wouldn't be as necessary to do all of the hot routing.

Watch me play video games
Old 06-16-2014, 01:09 PM   #1028
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Can't see how you can "dumb down" the hits stick. A 5 year old could use it successfully in it's current state.
Like someone else posted, the hit stick when it first came out was more of a risk reward than it's become now.

In it's current state it is pure "NFL Blitz'ish". Make it have a lot more risk reward and it would be better.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612

Last edited by Skyboxer; 06-16-2014 at 01:16 PM.
Old 06-16-2014, 02:07 PM   #1029
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
I still don't understand why folks want this to be slowed down. I get that some folks abused it, but having gamers wait for drawn out animations before changing another route is not realistic. QBs can change a route with a simple look. I don't think yall realize how many adjustments are made without viewers knowing.

I also think if the playbook was tiered properly, folks wouldn't feel the need to create plays at the line.

And the AI & animations need to be better.
Even with hand signs and visual checks there is still a moment or two for the WR to acknowledge the change. In Madden currently you can draw a new play in the dirt in the time it takes to walk from the huddle to the LOS.

It's about balance first and foremost. If they tied the speed to change plays to the QBs awareness that would be great. Manziel won't have as much freedom to audible as Peyton Manning, but to the online crowd it won't matter.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 06-16-2014, 02:16 PM   #1030
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
For me, it's because it's unbalanced. The offense can change 5 routes in a second, but it is much more cumbersome on defense. I have manually click on each defender to change an assignment. If EA would go with 2k defensive hot routes where they can be changed just as quickly it wouldn't be an issue...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I basically share this sentiment; the pre-play offensive controls in Madden historically have given the offense a tremendous advantage compared to the counterparts on defense. Tiburon has done a number of things to mitigate this advantage - be it the delay in commands for the offense or smarter AI during the play for the defense - but it won't really be fixed until the defensive preplay command set is streamlined further beyond what even the Strategy Pad offered.
I can see that, but...

I think improving the defensive system would be better than dumbing down the offensive system.

And DBs & LBs tend to "audible" as a unit. A CB can't change his coverage alone. Only in Madden.

IMO, both offensive & defensive playbooks need to be re-tiered so creating plays at the line will be less necessary. That's the true fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Even with hand signs and visual checks there is still a moment or two for the WR to acknowledge the change. In Madden currently you can draw a new play in the dirt in the time it takes to walk from the huddle to the LOS.

It's about balance first and foremost. If they tied the speed to change plays to the QBs awareness that would be great. Manziel won't have as much freedom to audible as Peyton Manning, but to the online crowd it won't matter.
So what? You didn't know what play was coming any way. What difference do the audibles make? Are you defending the down, distance, formation & personnel or an audible?

IMO, punishing some to curb online abusers is not the answer. There are times when 2 quick route changes are legit. Not allowing folks to do so because of some online cheesers is not cool.

And it doesn't take any time. I remember in highschool, we had some very quick, subtle signals. No time at all. About as quick as you can do it in Madden. No, we weren't changing 5 patterns per play, but we changed 2 patterns fairly regularly. Play called expecting cover 2 look and they come out in a cover 3 look, quick wipe of the hands or pull of the face mask, new play that quick.

Last edited by BezO; 06-16-2014 at 02:20 PM.
Old 06-16-2014, 04:18 PM   #1031
Rookie

OVR: 0

In the head to head video I love how Richard Sherman was able to put Frank Gore on his back while Frank was running full speed at him. Only in Madden! Even the best tackling corners go for the legs when a back like FG is coming at them with a full head of steam.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2014, 05:08 PM   #1032
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
I can see that, but...

I think improving the defensive system would be better than dumbing down the offensive system.

And DBs & LBs tend to "audible" as a unit. A CB can't change his coverage alone. Only in Madden.

IMO, both offensive & defensive playbooks need to be re-tiered so creating plays at the line will be less necessary. That's the true fix.

So what? You didn't know what play was coming any way. What difference do the audibles make? Are you defending the down, distance, formation & personnel or an audible?

IMO, punishing some to curb online abusers is not the answer. There are times when 2 quick route changes are legit. Not allowing folks to do so because of some online cheesers is not cool.

And it doesn't take any time. I remember in highschool, we had some very quick, subtle signals. No time at all. About as quick as you can do it in Madden. No, we weren't changing 5 patterns per play, but we changed 2 patterns fairly regularly. Play called expecting cover 2 look and they come out in a cover 3 look, quick wipe of the hands or pull of the face mask, new play that quick.
I would prefer the defense adjustments were improved too. But it comes down to Money plays. Online guys change several routes before they reach the los knowing they will be open everytime. Defensively you often do know what's coming after they run it once or twice but you don't have time to make the simple adjustments you need to.

My first choice would be streamlined defensive calls and limiting audibles second. In the perfect madden, I would love to see the play creator make a return, but I don't think the ai can handle that. Not in the online world.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »