Home

Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

This is a discussion on Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
How SDS Can Improve the 'Full Minors' Feature for MLB The Show 21
Top 10 Shootout Players to Fear in NHL 21
Skatebird Preview - Updated Hands-On With New Rooftop Level
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2014, 02:14 PM   #1057
MVP
 
BezO's Arena
 
OVR: 20
Join Date: Jul 2004
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

I wonder where they get this feedback.

The problem with tackling is judging the distance? I've not heard anyone say this. I've always heard & felt is was the ball carrier's ability to ignore human limitations. They are just too quick. Not being able to grab doesn't help. Nor does the lack of gang tackling.

Folks needed help with play calling? Everyone complains about the ability to create plays at the line. That implies a great understanding of play calling & what works against what. Re-tier the playbook. Separate formations from personnel. And put all the route combinations in all possible formations. Give folks the tools to run an offense the way coaches & QBs do.
__________________
Shout out to The Watcher! Where you at bruh?
BezO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 02:19 PM   #1058
All Star
 
jpdavis82's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Sep 2005
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I wonder where they get this feedback.

The problem with tackling is judging the distance? I've not heard anyone say this. I've always heard & felt is was the ball carrier's ability to ignore human limitations. They are just too quick. Not being able to grab doesn't help. Nor does the lack of gang tackling.

Folks needed help with play calling? Everyone complains about the ability to create plays at the line. That implies a great understanding of play calling & what works against what. Re-tier the playbook. Separate formations from personnel. And put all the route combinations in all possible formations. Give folks the tools to run an offense the way coaches & QBs do.
As far as tackling Rex said that because the way it used to be wasnt realistic. He's looking at it from the perspective of being a former football player and how tackling really works.
__________________
Josh-Been playin' Madden since '92

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise
jpdavis82 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 02:21 PM   #1059
MVP
 
OhMrHanky's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2012
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I'll ask and for the second part Rex said they worked a new system for the stats to be based on qtr length for simming games. I believe it was in the interview with Rich Grisham.

I'm actually talking about supersimming DURING a game. I believe what you're mentioning is for overall stat creation based on other games being simmed during the season. Which is good. But, just for clarity, here, I'm talking about the supersim function within a game being played. This isn't about stat creation, here. It's more about simming individual plays and utilizing the play clock properly to ultimately generate the correct stats. So, if u find that out, too. Let me know. Thanks.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OhMrHanky is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 02:27 PM   #1060
All Star
 
jpdavis82's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Sep 2005
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
I'm actually talking about supersimming DURING a game. I believe what you're mentioning is for overall stat creation based on other games being simmed during the season. Which is good. But, just for clarity, here, I'm talking about the supersim function within a game being played. This isn't about stat creation, here. It's more about simming individual plays and utilizing the play clock properly to ultimately generate the correct stats. So, if u find that out, too. Let me know. Thanks.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought Rex said for sim during a game but I could be wrong. I'm going to listen to it tonight hopefully if my son gets discharged, had a setback last night.
__________________
Josh-Been playin' Madden since '92

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise
jpdavis82 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 02:34 PM   #1061
MVP
 
BezO's Arena
 
OVR: 20
Join Date: Jul 2004
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
As far as tackling Rex said that because the way it used to be wasnt realistic. He's looking at it from the perspective of being a former football player and how tackling really works.
I'm still not getting it. 1, it doesn't look realistic now. 2, how does the cone make it more realistic. 3, how does that cone help veterans that won't be playing on lower levels? 4, tackling works irl because everyone has to adhere to the limitations of the human body, and there are 10 other guys that can & will help a defender tackle. 5, defenders have assignments that put them in position to tackle. What he said & what the community has been suggesting is not lining up.

And I know these DBs he spoke with mentioned interaction & body positioning. But he did only say zone coverage, so...

IDK, I guess he has to promote what was done, but his spiel is off IMO. This could be so much more productive if him & other devs were open to direct communication with the community. It would be nice to know what's being worked on, when it will be introduced & how that relates to what the stated target audience is expecting.
__________________
Shout out to The Watcher! Where you at bruh?
BezO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2014, 03:01 PM   #1062
All Star
 
jpdavis82's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Sep 2005
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I'm still not getting it. 1, it doesn't look realistic now. 2, how does the cone make it more realistic. 3, how does that cone help veterans that won't be playing on lower levels? 4, tackling works irl because everyone has to adhere to the limitations of the human body, and there are 10 other guys that can & will help a defender tackle. 5, defenders have assignments that put them in position to tackle. What he said & what the community has been suggesting is not lining up.

And I know these DBs he spoke with mentioned interaction & body positioning. But he did only say zone coverage, so...

IDK, I guess he has to promote what was done, but his spiel is off IMO. This could be so much more productive if him & other devs were open to direct communication with the community. It would be nice to know what's being worked on, when it will be introduced & how that relates to what the stated target audience is expecting.
The cone is off by default once you raise the difficulty above pro. Rex said the Steelers DBs worked on zone and man coverage with them, not sure why you think it's only zone.
__________________
Josh-Been playin' Madden since '92

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise
jpdavis82 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 04:07 PM   #1063
MVP
 
BezO's Arena
 
OVR: 20
Join Date: Jul 2004
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
The cone is off by default once you raise the difficulty above pro.
Exactly. So how does it improve the tackling for gamers that will be playing on those levels? I guess by turning it back on, but experienced gamers don't need it, and it's not the reason tackling is harder than it should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Rex said the Steelers DBs worked on zone and man coverage with them, not sure why you think it's only zone.
In the vid you posted, it sounded like he only said zone. I'm at work with the volume low.

Physicality is a big part of man coverage. Hell, it's a big part of zone coverage too. To improve coverage and not implement WR/DB interaction seems odd.
__________________
Shout out to The Watcher! Where you at bruh?
BezO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 04:17 PM   #1064
Banned
 
OVR: 28
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,301
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I'm still not getting it. 1, it doesn't look realistic now. 2, how does the cone make it more realistic. 3, how does that cone help veterans that won't be playing on lower levels? 4, tackling works irl because everyone has to adhere to the limitations of the human body, and there are 10 other guys that can & will help a defender tackle. 5, defenders have assignments that put them in position to tackle. What he said & what the community has been suggesting is not lining up.

And I know these DBs he spoke with mentioned interaction & body positioning. But he did only say zone coverage, so...

IDK, I guess he has to promote what was done, but his spiel is off IMO. This could be so much more productive if him & other devs were open to direct communication with the community. It would be nice to know what's being worked on, when it will be introduced & how that relates to what the stated target audience is expecting.
What you need to realize, Bezo, is that they are not targeting people like you. Decisions like these are coming from people who are interested in one thing. That thing is "how do we INCREASE the sales of Madden". The easy thing for an out of touch bean counter to grab at is ACCESSIBILITY. "The game is too hard and it turns off gamers". Remember, it's not just to get people to buy the game, but to leave it in the tray at all times and hopefully you will spend more money on microtransactions and things like MUT. This is a model not unique to Madden. However, what IS unique to Madden is a lack of options to customize the game to suit both the simulation gamer and the 10 year old Timmy who wants to throw for 800 yards a game with Peyton Manning. I don't have an issue with them adding a "tackle cone" or something like that as long as it does not impede progress on important gameplay elements. Also, I don't want things like a tackle cone used as band aids instead of enhancing the player movement and player interactions that should continuously be improved each iteration of the game.

They have yet to implement WR/DB interaction, but I am not terribly upset about that. What will upset me is if they have delayed it and it turns out to be crap. If you are going to do it, then don't put it in until it's right and it works great. It needs to be at least as good if not better than what was done in older games. The path and direction is good, but more needs to be done to make Madden great again.
GiantBlue76 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:12 AM.

Top -