Home

Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

This is a discussion on Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
How SDS Can Improve the 'Full Minors' Feature for MLB The Show 21
Top 10 Shootout Players to Fear in NHL 21
Skatebird Preview - Updated Hands-On With New Rooftop Level
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-19-2014, 10:36 PM   #1073
Rookie

OhioCub's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

You know, now that we have the defensive camera angle I think it's time they ditch the sudden camera spin on an interception. I don't see what the problem is with just having the guy pick it off and running downhill into the offense.
Old 06-20-2014, 05:46 AM   #1074
Pro

Rams_3's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioCub
You know, now that we have the defensive camera angle I think it's time they ditch the sudden camera spin on an interception. I don't see what the problem is with just having the guy pick it off and running downhill into the offense.
Yeah your 100% right. I always hated that. Especially when you wanna just take off after a pick.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:38 PM   #1075
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Don't know if it's been posted but Sim posted a video pointing out a form of reach tackles being in Madden 15. Says it's "phase 1", lol.

http://youtu.be/6inZEN7YOtU

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2014, 01:58 PM   #1076
Rookie

burter's Arena

OVR: 6

Ok question about the QB accuracy stuff. I'm a bit confused looking at the videos. They said they made it where it actually works. But in madden, and even more so in ncaa, if you put the qb acc between 0-5 you got those kind of throws. I never played with a great qb so I'm not sure how it had affected those guys, but in madden I always build a team up and I normally start off with a qb that is like 55-60 overall. So that slider did work for bad qb's. So did changing that slider have any or no affect if you played with like Manning? Because all the errant throws I'm seeing in the videos, are ones I have seen already in previous maddens and more so in Ncaa. Some of the errant throws seem more realistic but it still one's I have seen by changing that slider.

Is it more for the online area since quick games you can't change sliders? I haven't played online so I don't know. But like I was watching a vid where the guy said he threw it into the dirt because he held down on the stick, and I did that a few times on dig routes and such trying to keep it away from the CB.

Quotes lines from Mr. Schwarzenegger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDxn0...eature=related

How to not get your a** kicked by the police.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=uj0mtxXEGE8#!
Old 06-20-2014, 03:57 PM   #1077
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Here's the deal with improved zone and man coverage

ZONE/MAN COVERAGE IMPROVEMENTS
Zone Coverage ratings now have a bigger impact on how quickly defenders break on throws. Defenders with higher ratings in Zone Coverage will react much quicker to throws.

Defenses are now smarter when it comes to going for a swat vs. an interception or a tackle. This improved logic will be broken down by player traits.

Improvements have also been made to zone defenders responsible for the flats. Some things to look out for include smarter principles (no more out route abuse!), improved head tracking on all players, increases in press and chuck interactions between DBs and wide receivers, as well as better pursuit and tackling ability.

Man Coverage ratings have also been tweaked to impact how much separation receivers are able to get on cuts in their routes, resulting in improved behavior of the defender.

New to Madden NFL 15 is the addition of disguised defenses, where opposing secondaries will show you one coverage but give another.
First off, thanks for the information and discussion...its appreciated.

My major objection is that I am old enough to be on my third go around with this EXACT SAME DISCUSSION of ways to make a more simulation experience. I am also extremely jaded by it because I know how this movie ends and it feels like going back to watch Superman IV after Superman III with Richard Pryor already sucked bad!

I know for a fact that many of the ideas being brought up now were in EA's hands as far back as 2006; and they are still discussed and we are still told "its being worked on", "its coming", "its in the plan" but this will eventually become "we couldn't get that in yet", "that will be next year's big improvement" or my all-time favorite "we couldn't get the tech to work for that, but we are working on it"...its been an endless cycle of this and while there is no doubt the game looks better and makes incremental improvements year over year, the central problem is that it does not build on them from one iteration to the next.

The best example of this is the pre-game stuff, the video clips and other things that were added back in 2010 (the concession stands, the tailgates, the fans entering the stadium, etc.) or maybe even earlier like the player run outs in 2008 or the original halftime show attempt...it was all a good first step, but its all gone by the wayside...yet I can still see the same stumble animations and some of the same tackles and falling down animations that have literally been in the game since 2002. On Blu-ray, and given the smallish file size of Madden versus a game like NBA 2K14, there is just no excuse for the lack of animations any more...its not like MoCap is a new tech or that they don't already have a library of animations and contextual animations that should have been expanding further than it has...and that is what worries me about what I've seen in these videos....

Better man and zone REACTIONS don't mean anything if the game continues to rely on the same canned animations for the coverage and interaction of WRs and DBs - specifally animations that have the DBs waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of position and allow for exploitation in player-v-player matches. I have already seen multiple cases of the hook routes and out rotues performing EXACTLY the same on defense in the M15 videos compared to the M25 retail. The receivers get open the same way - the offensive player runs a route, the defensive player runs a mirrored coverage and a canned animation coverage and if the player on the sticks is at all experienced or worth a salt, its money against any coverage.

The players on the screen have no differential techniques between a "good" CB and a scrub. Their footwork is the same, their hip movement is the same, their jumping animations and swats at the ball are the same....its just whether or not the CPU will have more clairvoyance or less that separates the on-field results. That's why the game is so stagnant across many levels, but in particular with WR-DB play and in the entire pass game as a result.

I can already guarantee that when M15 drops, my passing offense and reads will be exactly the same as they are now and only the timing of the button pushes will change ever so slightly. I can throw at Sherman or Petersen now the same as any other CB as long as they are in a specific coverage against a specific route....it should be based on abilities, skills and THEN routes and match-ups...in Madden forever, the match-ups and routes are the ONLY thing that matters.

Anyway, with no NCAA to look forward to this year it really feels like a new Madden is an awful long way off (even if it is doomed to disappoint), thanks for sharing the info...
Old 06-21-2014, 04:54 AM   #1078
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by burter
Ok question about the QB accuracy stuff. I'm a bit confused looking at the videos. They said they made it where it actually works. But in madden, and even more so in ncaa, if you put the qb acc between 0-5 you got those kind of throws. I never played with a great qb so I'm not sure how it had affected those guys, but in madden I always build a team up and I normally start off with a qb that is like 55-60 overall. So that slider did work for bad qb's. So did changing that slider have any or no affect if you played with like Manning? Because all the errant throws I'm seeing in the videos, are ones I have seen already in previous maddens and more so in Ncaa. Some of the errant throws seem more realistic but it still one's I have seen by changing that slider.

Is it more for the online area since quick games you can't change sliders? I haven't played online so I don't know. But like I was watching a vid where the guy said he threw it into the dirt because he held down on the stick, and I did that a few times on dig routes and such trying to keep it away from the CB.
I need to know about passing as well. You want to know about accuracy and I want to know about control. Can I put the ball where I want? That's my question.
Old 06-21-2014, 09:53 AM   #1079
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
I need to know about passing as well. You want to know about accuracy and I want to know about control. Can I put the ball where I want? That's my question.
I believe you can, I've seen a video where Wilson threw the ball into the ground, guy who made the video said he was pressing down on the thumb stick, and also have seen passes thrown way overhead.

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise

Last edited by jpdavis82; 06-21-2014 at 09:55 AM.
Old 06-21-2014, 11:06 AM   #1080
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by burter

In M25 I played with my QB accuracy on 3. It worked for all QBs. I learned to step up into the pocket to throw accurate passes. I learned to be gentle with the precision passing and only use it in the proper situations. Bullet vs lobs. Etc etc. So whether I was Manning or a rookie it had an effect. But eventually I got good at and still could complete 65+% of my passes with any QB. Some people used my sliders would throw 5+ INTs in a game and say that the accuracy was just too bad and would change the slider back up.

Anyway, yeah this is more for the online and casual players who don't change sliders. Most people who get madden definitely don't I'd assume. So they are trying to get the more realistic passing game right out of the box. Which is why I'm happy about these changes going forward, once less slider I have to change to that extreme (I mean 3 out of 100 to get errant passes, cmon) the better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »