Home

Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

This is a discussion on Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
F1 2021 Review - One for the Ages
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Include Brand New Swing Mechanics, Three Click Swing Returns
FIFA 22 Gameplay: Breaking Down the Latest Details
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-22-2014, 05:53 PM   #1089
Pro

StL_RamZ's Arena

OVR: 12
Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
Good comparison.

About Victor Hugo - what is he up to?

He was the lead designer and face of the Infinity Engine introduction in M13 but i have heard nothing from him for M25 and M15!.

Is Hugo still on the Madden team?

I realise the I.E system is no longer set to receive phase 2 innovations but I am curious if he is still on the Madden team.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk
He left EA.

guess this is the last Madden he worked on so he's just there to promote it.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...a-tiburon.html

Last edited by StL_RamZ; 06-22-2014 at 05:55 PM.
Old 06-22-2014, 09:57 PM   #1090
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
Good comparison.

About Victor Lugo - what is he up to?

He was the gameplay designer and face of the Infinity Engine introduction in M13 but I have heard nothing from him for M25 and M15!.

Is Lugo still on the Madden team?

I realise the I.E system is no longer set to receive phase 2 innovations but I am curious if he is still on the Madden team.

*Ironically, I foundy answers via one of the threads you created back in April of 2014 concerning this very topic.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=728093

This headline further reinforces my belief that Tiburon does not lack talent but the problem is the direction given from above by head authorities.

I watched his M13 Phsysics diaries and am now appalled and disheartened to hear he has left the EA Tuburon -Madden Studios.

I can only imagine now what the Phsysics would look and play like in future Madden iterations if Vic and others were able to further develop and implement their aims and plans.

These attrition notices do not serve the community well.

I got on board w Madden13 because of the I.E that was promoted - it had been years prior that I was not interested - I thank Vic for his efforts.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk

Vic leaving and the fact that I.E. wasn't improved or continued to "phase 2" is the exact thing we are all worried about...they never finish ANYTHING! This is there history this is the bed they made...why should we believe anything else? Believe me I want to believe I want so bad...but I want a toilet made of solid gold but it's not in the cards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 06-23-2014, 04:56 AM   #1091
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
Vic leaving and the fact that I.E. wasn't improved or continued to "phase 2" is the exact thing we are all worried about...they never finish ANYTHING! This is there history this is the bed they made...why should we believe anything else? Believe me I want to believe I want so bad...but I want a toilet made of solid gold but it's not in the cards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Infinity Engine was carried onto phase 2, in Madden 25 and NCAA 14. EA Canada designed the engine along with Lugo. Lugo left on his own to work on fighting games. They are still working on physics and keep in mind with Ignite they can borrow from NHL, FIFA, UFC, to improve physics in the future. I'm expecting they will use a combination of them when they implement gang tackling in the near future. Some features are still being improved upon even if they aren't being marketed, Rex talked about this in the Press Row Podcast. Living Worlds and True Step were both expanded upon but not advertised. They will continue to focus on all of these things in the future, but may market them some years more than others. An example of that is Player Sense 2.0, one of the 3 pillars of Ignite. Player Sense, Living Worlds, True Player Motion.

I think next year we will probably see more focus on Living Worlds but they did improve it some in Madden 15, crowd swells and reactions sound and look better, all new coach responses to plays on the field, players on the sideline react positively and negatively now. Small improvements, but living worlds did not go untouched. True Step now extends beyond the ball carrier but clearly they have work to do and it needs to be for all 22 players including the CPU.

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2014, 10:02 PM   #1092
Pro

Herschie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
Can anyone confirm if Progressive Lighting is still in the game? I just want to make sure they didn't take it out being that they changed the lighting system this year.

Yeah, I saw that it is, but it progressed at way too slow of a rate last year. A 4:15 game looked like it ended at 4:45. They had it almost perfect in Madden 12.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:12 PM   #1093
Rookie

Wolverines05's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
The Infinity Engine was carried onto phase 2, in Madden 25 and NCAA 14. EA Canada designed the engine along with Lugo. Lugo left on his own to work on fighting games. They are still working on physics and keep in mind with Ignite they can borrow from NHL, FIFA, UFC, to improve physics in the future. I'm expecting they will use a combination of them when they implement gang tackling in the near future. Some features are still being improved upon even if they aren't being marketed, Rex talked about this in the Press Row Podcast. Living Worlds and True Step were both expanded upon but not advertised. They will continue to focus on all of these things in the future, but may market them some years more than others. An example of that is Player Sense 2.0, one of the 3 pillars of Ignite. Player Sense, Living Worlds, True Player Motion.

I think next year we will probably see more focus on Living Worlds but they did improve it some in Madden 15, crowd swells and reactions sound and look better, all new coach responses to plays on the field, players on the sideline react positively and negatively now. Small improvements, but living worlds did not go untouched. True Step now extends beyond the ball carrier but clearly they have work to do and it needs to be for all 22 players including the CPU.
hey jp where have you found that true step extends beyond ball carrier. just wondering cuz thats huge news if thats true!!! i thought it was confirmed that it was only the ball carrier but i hope im wrong
Old 06-25-2014, 08:35 AM   #1094
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverines05
hey jp where have you found that true step extends beyond ball carrier. just wondering cuz thats huge news if thats true!!! i thought it was confirmed that it was only the ball carrier but i hope im wrong
Clint tweeted him that's it's beyond the ball carrier, but not all 22 players.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:49 AM   #1095
Rookie

KIWI BLITZ's Arena

Cautiously optimistic
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2014, 09:59 AM   #1096
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Clint tweeted him that's it's beyond the ball carrier, but not all 22 players.
Yep

@jpdavis1982: @ClintOldenburg @AzureEffect does it affect all 22 players or is it still only affecting the ball carrier like in M25

@ClintOldenburg: @jpdavis1982 @AzureEffect not all 22, but more than just the BC. Working on CPU AI for certain positions using it, like OL.

@ClintOldenburg: @jpdavis1982 @AzureEffect for the future, not this year.

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »