Home

Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

This is a discussion on Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
F1 2021 Review - One for the Ages
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Include Brand New Swing Mechanics, Three Click Swing Returns
FIFA 22 Gameplay: Breaking Down the Latest Details
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-09-2014, 04:53 PM   #105
Banned

OVR: 0
re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdeuce
Here's the trailer and presentation for those looking. JP, if you want to add this to the OP that would probably help save people time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n798rPVDYvk

and a bad version of the presentation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_qEZkcFsNY

Is it just me or do these gameplay clips look like the same gameplay animations as before??? This is Next Gen gameplay animation?? Can you honestly say this is a huge improvement in gameplay then Madden 25?? Look closely and you will see the same old tackle animations as before, they never change??!! Still move all twitchy and not have any life.. This is awful! How can they get Next Gen console technology and not completely rebuild the game engine?? Why does it continue to play the same every year??? Someone explain this to me like I'm a six year old..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2014, 05:03 PM   #106
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa D
Is it just me or do these gameplay clips look like the same gameplay animations as before??? This is Next Gen gameplay animation?? Can you honestly say this is a huge improvement in gameplay then Madden 25?? Look closely and you will see the same old tackle animations as before, they never change??!! Still move all twitchy and not have any life.. This is awful! How can they get Next Gen console technology and not completely rebuild the game engine?? Why does it continue to play the same every year??? Someone explain this to me like I'm a six year old..
My question is the lower trailer mixed with last gen and new gen game play of what. Some scenes look new gen and some look like last gen. On on the fence right now about this right now.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:04 PM   #107
Rookie

totalpoop's Arena

i've been closely following the E3 announcement on this forum for the last two weeks HOPING that EA would finally get it's act together and show us something respectable for once. I still remember the old days, the old days of MADDEN, (not even going to go into the old days of 2k games which were always far superior) but even Madden 2004 was a more enjoyable game than this steaming pile of dog turd. Owner mode was downright awesome back then, seeing if you could turn a profit with the rag tag team of underpaid rookies and washed up veterans while hopelessly trying to make the playoffs and a shot of fame! Or even the simple fact that I had a week to week view of every game rather than a HUB which tells me I have to practice my team, and set beer prices which have almost no effect on your team now. Or how about the fact that all my team has is a head coach? No offensive or defensive coordinators are needed anymore? I forgot Pete Carrol single handily coached the Seahawks to a Superbowl!

Your big announcement was the retooling of your broken defense for the past what..six years running? And while it does look nice, this is the biggest upgrade you've made to your previous 25th year addition game? Seriously?

Who are they trying to win over with these presentations? People that shell out sixty dollars for a broken game to play with their friends stoned out of their mind every once and a while? Or to the hardcore fans who relentless play this game to the point its unreadable on their gaming station of choice? Obviously it's neither, they have a strangle hold on the football simulation industry and continue to milk this with their relentlessly stagnant games they seem to churn out year after year.

Although it's always said, it always seems to be true, anyone who buys this game is paying for a sixty dollar roster update.

Can I ask one question for anyone willing to give a thoughtful response? Why does Madden continuously take out features that actually ENHANCE the re-playability of this game? Are they laughing at anyone who just buys this game without even thinking what EA did to deserve an extra sixty dollars of hard earned money for literally the exact same game they released 12 months prior?

And for anyone who replies to this with the standard 'It's only early June and just released new details on E3! More things will come out closer to release time, seriously ask yourself what 'better' or 'more exciting' features you hope to hear from them in the mean time.

Spoiler alert: There are none, just more hype about camera angles and how good Colin Kaepernick looks.

EA you got me excited, promised new things, and just as always disappointed me.

So I'll end it on this note, EA you're total poop.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:05 PM   #108
Rookie

totalpoop's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyHolmes

If you had to work on improving madden 14, would a optional (I hope) tackle cone even be in your top 200 ideas?

Nowhere near the top 200, that's the saddest part.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:11 PM   #109
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

So they've moved on from tv style presentation? Wow. Was waiting for them to really finish off a broadcast presentation package that has seemingly been "next year" forever. Now it's nfl films presentation and next year it'll be "on the field voices" then it 2018 back to half assed broadcast. Whatever
Old 06-09-2014, 05:13 PM   #110
Rookie

tackling cone is completely unnecessary and a waste of time. a vision cone for offense is necessary because of the god mode camera angle. this allows zone defenses to respond appropriately, which in return forces Qb's to look off defenders. it makes perfect sense but anyways... Improvements on defense was where madden was supposed to go this year, and continuing improvement on line interaction was the correct move along with adding better man D, defensive playcalling, Contain AI, zone D AI (qb vision cone helps this out a lot). the spectrum of innaccurate passes was greatly needed. people who have been jus playin as mike vick since 05 will hopefully have to learn how to pass. all in all, there going in the right direction. BUT WTF is with a vision cone on DEFENSE! I don't get that one. LOL!

Last edited by Chris Hitchens; 06-09-2014 at 05:24 PM.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:14 PM   #111
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I am pretty sure it was confirmed a page or two back that the tackling cone can be turned off.

I understand the instant dislike, but I think we are getting a little hung up on it since it is, I am pretty sure, not being forced on anyone.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2014, 05:17 PM   #112
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

Not being forced but for a franchise with so many problems it definitely looks like misplaced effort. The game already sounds like it will be a visual and gameplay improvement over 25, for whatever thats worth

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »