Home

Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

This is a discussion on Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
How SDS Can Improve the 'Full Minors' Feature for MLB The Show 21
Top 10 Shootout Players to Fear in NHL 21
Skatebird Preview - Updated Hands-On With New Rooftop Level
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-26-2014, 01:09 AM   #1113
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Thats exactly how I felt back then up until madden was the only game available..I played madden 93 with my cousins and had fun but when my uncle came with Joe Montana 94 everything I tried the same just would not work..He had to teach me how to count my drop steps to complete passes and how to checkdown..I literally learned the fundamentals and I couldn't go back from that. The stats were overwhelming and the commentary with the crowd and jumbotron zoom ins were gorgeous. Madden was like they dumbed down the sport for pick up and play only
Old 06-26-2014, 01:47 AM   #1114
Oh Deer!

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Player movement and animations in general look smoother this year and more realistic, you can't tell the difference on a small screen and you can't tell just how good the player models are either. The improvements are much more noticeable on a bigger screen. Watch the videos on your tv in 1080p or even 720 and you will see what I'm referring to.
Maybe slightly, but for the most part its the same. Based off the vids its still one of the most glaring issues.
Old 06-26-2014, 07:56 PM   #1115
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Icon12 Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
Maybe slightly, but for the most part its the same. Based off the vids its still one of the most glaring issues.
I'm not seeing anywhere near as much awkward pre and post play stuff going on here

http://youtu.be/m9wxQfTjyCI

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2014, 12:54 AM   #1116
Oh Deer!

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
I'm not seeing anywhere near as much awkward pre and post play stuff going on here

http://youtu.be/m9wxQfTjyCI
Im not talking pre and post play, im talking during the actual plays. Pre and post play look fantastic this year. But the time in between that when they are playing football the animations and overall movement is pretty bad and has been for years. My biggest gripe with the game is how it looks in motion.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:39 AM   #1117
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Added Direct Feed Gameplay pt 2 from Smitty to OP

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Old 06-27-2014, 05:14 PM   #1118
Rookie

Wolverines05's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Added Direct Feed Gameplay pt 2 from Smitty to OP
this is the best gameplay ive seen so far
Old 07-01-2014, 07:31 AM   #1119
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Added Madden 15 Gameplay Max Level GB DET to OP

Old 07-01-2014, 08:06 AM   #1120
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Added Madden 15 Gameplay Max Level GB DET to OP

I got a couple things after seeing this last video.
1. Dude does NOT know how to hold a video camera steady. Lol
2. While we are seeing less INTs throughout all of the footage, the animations are troubling. The int problem in 25 was something like, the players weren't even in position to int, and they magically got INTs. They were within reach of a swat, and they never swatted, they always got an int. Now, the exact opposite true, in 15, the defense is playing better/tighter, and they're in position to int all the time, but the ball just bounces out of their hands. Lol. They just can't seem to get this right. And here, I really do hate to nitpick as I believe they are improving, but yet again, it's one of those things that kills the realism. I get the feeling they changed their defensive AI code (for the better), and now the defenders are in better positions often, and then simply gave them a much lower chance of actually intercepting. And thus, we get what looks like a case of the dropsies by the d. Now, for me, I would actually assume I can slider that out and/or perhaps the better u get when u play the game, maybe I will make less throws near a defensive player and thus, eliminate those animations. I'll have to wait and see for myself. I'm looking forward to the game and I like a lot of what I'm seeing, but this, to me, is a classic case of madden trying to fix something, and going too far with it. I don't know what their absolute code base is, but in this particular scenario, I believe it would've been solved by simply cranking up the swat animation %. Instead, they cranked down the actual catch % of a DB. So, the animation does what the animation does, and the result is good, less INTs, but because the animation is bad, it makes the game look bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »