Home

Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

This is a discussion on Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
How SDS Can Improve the 'Full Minors' Feature for MLB The Show 21
Top 10 Shootout Players to Fear in NHL 21
Skatebird Preview - Updated Hands-On With New Rooftop Level
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-07-2014, 11:54 AM   #1161
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
In the vids released so far, I've not seen True Step for anyone besides the ball carrier. I'm having a tough time remembering an example of it fot the ball carrier. The only Ture steps I see in this game are when juke buttons are used and for 180 degree changes in direction. Please show me something different, especially for a non-ball carrier.

I have seen some double team blocks. Not much other than that.

That reach that had no affect on the ball carrier?

That out-fo-context pile up with the same lack of interaction from prior years?

I did see a couple of cool falls and a consecutive hit tackle or 2. What I see more are falls out of context and 2nd defenders avoiding interaction.

Next year though...

You talk about what you heard & what you hope. Some of us talk about what we're seeing in the vids that have been released.

It's a forum set up to discuss sports video games. Not sure how to avoid back & forth.

You talk as if we're lying about vids of '15 that have been released. We can only talk about what we see. None of us have played yet, but we've all seen the vids.

Proven wrong about '15? Nah, not yet.
The video where Sherman gets the int you can see true step at work. The way the QB scrambles now looks much better now too.

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2014, 11:57 AM   #1162
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
The video where Sherman gets the int you can see true step at work. The way the QB scrambles now looks much better now too.
Which vid is that?
Old 07-07-2014, 12:16 PM   #1163
Oh Deer!

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
You cant just pick out one scenario and say true steps works beyond the ball carrier. It needs to be consistent throughout all the vids and its not. And no, QB animations as a whole are still the worst in the game. JP your starting to let some of the blind optimism cloud your judgement again. Stop taking everything they say at face value. Its already burnt you in the past most recently last year with 25.

Last edited by m1ke_nyc; 07-07-2014 at 12:19 PM.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:21 PM   #1164
Rookie

NicVirtue's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Hmm? True step for DB's? I thought that was only for the ball carrier, unless you're referring to him picking the ball off and running with it, or something entirely different? Also, the QB scrambling looks exactly the same to me. Looks like every QB that tries to scramble will do so in the exact same way with the exact same animation.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:28 PM   #1165
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicVirtue
Hmm? True step for DB's? I thought that was only for the ball carrier, unless you're referring to him picking the ball off and running with it, or something entirely different? Also, the QB scrambling looks exactly the same to me. Looks like every QB that tries to scramble will do so in the exact same way with the exact same animation.
I asked a CGer during E3 about true step for all 22 players. He said, he thought it was there, but he especially noticed the LB's having true step.

Clint also told JP that it's "not just the ball carrier and not all 22 either." He wasn't specific as to what additional players have it.

So, it comes down to watching vids vs taking people's word for it.

ratedmoney, it's probably not consistent because not all 22 players have true step.

Seems like's a few do have true step based on the two people above.

Last edited by roadman; 07-07-2014 at 12:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2014, 01:00 PM   #1166
Rookie

OVR: 3

Man I just wish they'd have more gameplay videos showcasing these improvements.

What's the deal this year? By now we would usually have a lot more to take in, this year is like an info drought and I hate it. Makes me wonder...
Old 07-07-2014, 01:02 PM   #1167
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

By now they'd have NCAA spilling the beans on any shared or similar features that might also be in Madden, expanding the marketing footprint for Madden. It also made sense to start ramping up Madden information just after NCAA released to keep the momentum going. UFC doesn't share these same synergies.

We'll be swimming in marketing soon enough.
Old 07-07-2014, 01:16 PM   #1168
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

1st, their idea of realistic footwork is different than mine. True step seems to be for drastic changins in direction. I see a couple for 90 degree cuts, and a bunch for near 180 degree changings in direction. Everything else is a swerve, which is what's wrong with the footwork.

The little stutter steps at :20 are impressive, but I've not seen that in any gameplay clips.

Have more plants been added for smaller changes in direction? These are the improvements I expected, but again, their version of realistic footwork differs from mine.

If this is the extent of True Step, I'll look for this from non-ball carriers in '15 vids, but it's insufficient.

This is arguably the most elusive back in the league and look how often he has to plant his foot, and there are very few 90 degree plus changes in direction.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »