Home

Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

This is a discussion on Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
How SDS Can Improve the 'Full Minors' Feature for MLB The Show 21
Top 10 Shootout Players to Fear in NHL 21
Skatebird Preview - Updated Hands-On With New Rooftop Level
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-10-2014, 08:06 AM   #137
Pro

OVR: 2
re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
from what ive read on the cone and all the player indicators, they will be turned on in rookie and pro levels and turned off once you get to all madden.
Yeah, it looks very arcadey. I would rather just use my brain to determine when to press the button, not a cone.
Old 06-10-2014, 08:58 AM   #138
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soprano00
FIFA is the king of arcade games, it seems you didnt play it enough.... nothing in FIFA is remotely similar to real European Football
Finally someone who has eyes...

FIFA is so far from simulation football it's laughable.
If you want to play a game where ratings doesn't matter one bit, go play FIFA.

If FIFA didn't have the exclusive rights to the English Premier League and most licenses...they would've been in NBA Live's boat a long time ago.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:05 AM   #139
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlw322
Everyone needs to listen to the Rex interview he talks about all the gameplay improvements you guys are wondering about in detail and legacy issues. He talks about how DBs take safer angles now which in more swats. Great interview
As long as the ball is tethered to the wrs, it won't make much of a difference. Defense vision cone, that "perfect" over the lineman heads, tethered passing still. Madden 15 news looks so arcade. This is the culmination of the 3 year plan??
Old 06-10-2014, 09:10 AM   #140
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa D
Is it just me or do these gameplay clips look like the same gameplay animations as before??? This is Next Gen gameplay animation?? Can you honestly say this is a huge improvement in gameplay then Madden 25?? Look closely and you will see the same old tackle animations as before, they never change??!! Still move all twitchy and not have any life.. This is awful! How can they get Next Gen console technology and not completely rebuild the game engine?? Why does it continue to play the same every year??? Someone explain this to me like I'm a six year old..
The easiest answer is they aren't going to bother rebuilding anything for the new consoles until they contain more of a market share than the 360/ps3 do because they will want "parity" between systems.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Old 06-10-2014, 09:13 AM   #141
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
I'm glad you can turn off the cone I like to play like I'm watching it on tv.
Yeah I've always preferred to play like I'm on the field. When I play the show I turn off all presentation and announcers and just keep the on field sounds and PA announcer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2014, 09:13 AM   #142
Pro

OVR: 4

No videos yet? I'm itching!!
Old 06-10-2014, 09:17 AM   #143
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
No videos yet? I'm itching!!

Considering E3 is on West Coast I wouldn't imagine seeing anything til around noon on the east coast. Don't quote me but I figure doors open today around 9 local time.

But I am right there with you. I want to see gameplay and presentation upgrades.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 06-10-2014, 09:25 AM   #144
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
The passing engine has changed some this year, DBs now will begin to react as the QB gets in throwing motion not just after a button is pushed. They brought in two Steeler DBs to teach them how DBs respond to QBs on pass plays. Rex Dickson goes into detail on the passing game improvements in the podcast. Also WRs and DBs now will react and stretch out or leap for overthrown balls, no more standing still as the ball goes over their heads, assuming the ball is in a realistic distance from the WR or DB.
I heard the interview and they've tweaked the passing game. It's sounds as close to ball physics as we'll get without actually having it and i'll accept that for now. It was eye opening to find out how the game was basically coded to where all throws determined to have accurate outcomes were basically on the numbers. Therefore killing the number of catch attempt animations shown. I like Rex and I like what he stands for. If and let me say that again IF they deliver on these goals and they works properly this Madden has a lot of potential.

There was just so many things in the in the game that flat out didn't actually work and now it seems like they went in and made sure what they have works. For example shading..i tell my CB to cover inside and he still gets beat on a slant over and over. Pass rush i'm pressing "finesse move" on the right stick, or what we were told was finesse move and i'm just there stone walled. It's refreshing that they went in and fixed these things but at the same time technically these are not "new" features. Now that's not Rex fault but most gamers just look at the product history regardless of who is in charge because it's comes from the same studio.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »