Home

Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

This is a discussion on Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
How SDS Can Improve the 'Full Minors' Feature for MLB The Show 21
Top 10 Shootout Players to Fear in NHL 21
Skatebird Preview - Updated Hands-On With New Rooftop Level
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-10-2014, 05:25 PM   #193
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8
re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
I've yet to come across almost anything that EA hasn't brought onto themselves by continually putting out such a sub-par product. They deserve everything they get from the media and the the consumers IMO.
Okay but if they know how the vocal minority will react they aren't going to throw meat to the rabid dogs. Gameplay will be start popping up in the next few weeks and everybody can jump all over it then

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat
Old 06-10-2014, 05:27 PM   #194
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiX
If that's what they're scared of then they're in the wrong business.
No they are in the right business. They make hundreds of millions of dollars a year. They also recognize that showing videos of a game not scheduled for release until August doesnt help sales. If anything, forums like this where we dissect every second of every video could hurt sales because we shine a spotlight on issues that the average fan/consumer may not care about.

Ive been on OS for 12 years and no one has ever been able to satisfactorily answer this question:

How does showing a game months in advance help a series like Madden?

Showing the game in HD with carefully edited clips can help Madden because it will only show the good things about the game and will get people excited.

How will showing a video of a beta version of the game, in less than HD quality and being filmed by a phone/camcorder help sales?
Old 06-10-2014, 05:27 PM   #195
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
No kidding, we people posting gameplay complaints on the Kaepernick photo.
Eh, I mildly object to this.

No harm in pointing out obvious concerns to be respectfully discussed. If there weren't so many issues to begin with then I doubt a lot of people, including myself, would be looking for issues in the first place.

I mean, I understand the point of view. I can't say overreactions never happen on this forum, and I can't say I never overreact, but I don't feel like I should be ashamed for looking at the Kap photo and noticing that three linemen are seeming to slide into each other very awkwardly. It probably doesn't mean anything at all, other than looking funny. Still, something about the "It's not EA's fault, it's our fault" mentality bothers me.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2014, 05:28 PM   #196
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
uhhhhh......because they're at a video game trade show and that's what companies do there.
Not really. NBA 2k isnt playable. Neither is WWE 2k. There are plenty of sports games that are coming out that arent playable.
Old 06-10-2014, 05:32 PM   #197
MVP

friscob's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
How does showing a game months in advance help a series like Madden?

Showing the game in HD with carefully edited clips can help Madden because it will only show the good things about the game and will get people excited.

How will showing a video of a beta version of the game, in less than HD quality and being filmed by a phone/camcorder help sales?
If the game is great it will sell itself without needing to be seen 2 months before release. If it is bad showing it early will only hurt their reputation and profit. Like you said, they've basically got little or nothing to gain by showing it early. And every video game developer wants to control which parts of their game are seen by the public before release, not just a Madden thing

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat
Old 06-10-2014, 05:32 PM   #198
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Bad press and forums like OS nitpicking every little issue in a video featuring a game that is 2 months away from final.
Not sure what you are talking about, there are multiple impressions on sites just like the bunch posted on the front page of this site. Is that not press coverage? We must take their word for it, but no videos at all, come on.
Old 06-10-2014, 05:33 PM   #199
Banned

allstardad's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
uhhhhh......because they're at a video game trade show and that's what companies do there.
No actually companies go to the trade show to promote their game.
Old 06-10-2014, 05:34 PM   #200
MVP

Quote:
Not really. NBA 2k isnt playable. Neither is WWE 2k. There are plenty of sports games that are coming out that arent playable.
But they do have playable Madden builds on the floor, so how are your examples relevant?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »