Home

Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

This is a discussion on Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2014, 06:11 PM   #225
Pro

OVR: 5
re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
You can be excited but why is EA obligated to allow people to make videos two months out just because people have questions or are excited?

Its this weird since of entitlement that OSers have. I just saw a thread in the NBA 2k forum where someone is ripping 2k a new one because they arent showing the game. That game is 3 mos away from release.

No one can explain to me how showing the game now benefits the publisher financially. So if there is no benefit, why do we expect them to show the game?
It's a fan service. Somthing that use to be common place in gaming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2014, 06:11 PM   #226
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend_heat
Do you honestly think EA really cares about the petty bickering (pants color) on message boards? You think that is what influenced the video recording ban? This is the biggest gaming week of the entire year, the game is nearly done, EA is hyping the crap out of the game, and we can't see it in its most basic form? Gimme a break.
I love to hate EA as much as the next OperationSports poster but why are they held to a different standard.

Please show me all the gameplay videos posted on youtube from all the games that were shown at E3 so far.. I'll wait..
Old 06-10-2014, 06:13 PM   #227
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend_heat
Can't speak for anybody else, but I'm willing to bet I could glean a lot more information from a showroom floor real gameplay video than the bullet time slo-mo/hyper fast trailer bs EA is so fond of. Do you honestly think EA really cares about the petty bickering (pants color) on message boards? You think that is what influenced the video recording ban? This is the biggest gaming week of the entire year, the game is nearly done, EA is hyping the crap out of the game, and we can't see it in its most basic form? Gimme a break.
Actually the nitpicking plays a huge role. I've been to 2k events where execs have told me thats why they dont allow filming at most press briefings. I was told the same by MS executives years ago.

Why invite the negative attention to a game that is 2 months away from release? Just look at how people tore apart the screenshots this week. You think they would do the same to a 10 minute video of beta gameplay.
Old 06-10-2014, 06:14 PM   #228
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiders81tim
Not jumping to conclusions, just not a fan of this new closed off E3 experience.
E3 isnt an open conference. Its not for the fans. Its a gaming press event. You cant just walk in there and play games.
Old 06-10-2014, 06:16 PM   #229
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

Quote:
Shopmaster @Shopmaster · 15m
Ppl are either going to curse the inaccurate throws or love them. I personally love them. This should separate Pryor and Peyton. #Madden15
Quote:
Another quick note. There is a QB contain hot route which makes both defensive ends rush but keep an outside rushing lane. #Madden15 #E32014
Quote:
1st Madden 15 Pro-Tip: Learn how to check down. IJS #PassRush #Madden15 #E32014
I'd be embarrassed by how many hours I spent trying to fix these exact issues with sliders in Madden 25.. the game plays like this on default?

oh and it's a huge disadvantage to play defense when you have to go to each DE and hot route them to contain. That's the only way to defend the QB running/read option and people wonder why it was so abused in M25.

Last edited by wordtobigbird; 06-10-2014 at 06:19 PM.
Old 06-10-2014, 06:16 PM   #230
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
E3 isnt an open conference. Its not for the fans. Its a gaming press event. You cant just walk in there and play games.
Of course you can. People have been doing if for years. The one year the tried to make it more "professional" it fell flat and they went right back to pretty much letting anyone in.
Old 06-10-2014, 06:17 PM   #231
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
You can be excited but why is EA obligated to allow people to make videos two months out just because people have questions or are excited?

Its this weird since of entitlement that OSers have. I just saw a thread in the NBA 2k forum where someone is ripping 2k a new one because they arent showing the game. That game is 3 mos away from release.

No one can explain to me how showing the game now benefits the publisher financially. So if there is no benefit, why do we expect them to show the game?

Quote me a post here in this thread that reflects actual entitlement, not excitement and or disappointment, but actual entitlement or mentions any obligation that EA has to allow video. I don't want to paint you in to a corner, but I'll wait.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2014, 06:17 PM   #232
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

Quote:
Often forgotten. The press outlets want to (and rightfully should) be the ones putting the videos and screenshots out.

Last edited by wordtobigbird; 06-10-2014 at 06:19 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »