Home

Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

This is a discussion on Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2014, 06:54 PM   #505
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebonix
Definitely some CBS-inspired presentation going on there. Thanks for posting that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2014, 06:55 PM   #506
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
I liked what I saw living worlds looks to be better than it was before.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:57 PM   #507
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
It happens so often, I get the feeling a lot of these things are added with the intent on taking them out and being replaced, or added back X years later. Things like the vision cone, I wouldn't disagree that it was poorly implemented and that's why it had such a short existence. I consider Madden 12 wasted development time since they were already planning on scrapping all that development for connected careers.

Whether we use the term gimmicky or very poorly designed, it doesn't say much for the development of the game. I'd like to see things, both on and off the field, added and expanded upon, not removed.
Snipping some text to get to the core of my point - I agree with you, in an ideal world Tiburon and EA Austin are only adding to and augmenting the game which already exists.

I think for the longest time Tiburon had been hamstrung by having so many changes in vision and staff for the game in keeping it consistent over the long term, and while they were busy figuratively changing cars year-over-year, other sports games kept the same car and built upon their base with more focused visions and long-term planning. Throw past poor design decisions on top of that - weapons, QB vision cone, any number of things - and you end up with a game which is really unfocused, putting it nicely. Things had to get gutted and cleaned out to properly make way for the new and better-designed stuff.

Thus, we're in the situation we ourselves in where Madden lags behind other sports games with respect to critical consensus because there were so many past missteps. I would say for the past few years - since Madden 10 inclusive, really - there's been an obvious focus on making the game more realistic and more better on the field, albeit in slightly different forms, but I think the game has generally been marching forward from that baseline.

It's taking time - how long is too long, I'm not the judge - but I think they're getting there. I've enjoyed the game's evolution in the meantime, personally.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 06-11-2014 at 07:00 PM.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:03 PM   #508
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Quote:
So excited to see the deep drop back truly punished on such low difficulty/default settings.

Every play we saw should've been incomplete. Only completion came because the guy switched to safety and tried to hit stick. Should've been an easy INT.

Last edited by wordtobigbird; 06-11-2014 at 07:06 PM.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:04 PM   #509
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Snipping some text to get to the core of my point - I agree with you, in an ideal world Tiburon and EA Austin are only adding to and augmenting the game which already exists.

I think for the longest time Tiburon had been hamstrung by having so many changes in vision and staff for the game in keeping it consistent over the long term, and while they were busy figuratively changing cars year-over-year, other sports games kept the same car and built upon their base with more focused visions and long-term planning. Throw past poor design decisions on top of that - weapons, QB vision cone, any number of things - and you end up with a game which is really unfocused, putting it nicely. Things had to get gutted and cleaned out to properly make way for the new and better-designed stuff.

Thus, we're in the situation we ourselves in where Madden lags behind other sports games with respect to critical consensus because there were so many past missteps. I would say for the past few years - since Madden 10 inclusive, really - there's been an obvious focus on making the game more realistic and more better on the field, albeit in slightly different forms, but I think the game has generally been marching forward from that baseline.

It's taking time - how long is too long, I'm not the judge - but I think they're getting there. I've enjoyed the game's evolution in the meantime, personally.
I'm with you 100% except the "since Madden 10". I include off field as well as on field. And there vision of Madden has only been on this path since Madden 13. So it's only been 13 and 14/25. Only one year of staying the course. I need to see more. And I would like to see sim/realism with the off-field as well. Other than my one counterpoint, I'd say you nailed it.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:07 PM   #510
MVP

OVR: 8

This has me worried. Madden starting to look and play like real football and people are paying with their mistakes. Hopefully too many people don't complain that the game is too hard.. That guy who threw the pick with Brady seemed to be in shock that his terrible throw was picked off
Old 06-11-2014, 07:09 PM   #511
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
This has me worried. Madden starting to look and play like real football and people are paying with their mistakes. Hopefully too many people don't complain that the game is too hard.. That guy who threw the pick with Brady seemed to be in shock that his terrible throw was picked off
To hear him say that Gronk was "wide open for the TD" made me smh. I'm going to LOVE this. People don't know half as much as they think about football. It should show in Madden. If you don't know anything about soccer you will suck at FIFA until you do. Why should Madden be any different. If you can't tell what's considered "open" then you should keep on sucking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2014, 07:11 PM   #512
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

The best parts so far imo are the presentation and the graphics. The qb animations still god awful and that interception animation was just as terrible. If I had some fun with Madden 25 though, I know I'll like this. Thankfully my B-day is in the summer so I don't ever spend my own money on Madden, lol.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »