Home

Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

This is a discussion on Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
How SDS Can Improve the 'Full Minors' Feature for MLB The Show 21
Top 10 Shootout Players to Fear in NHL 21
Skatebird Preview - Updated Hands-On With New Rooftop Level
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-11-2014, 09:22 PM   #609
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

LMAO @ #41 at 12:09 ... frozen in time, lol!!!

Jokes aside, I cannot wait to see more of this game. Might be my first madden since Madden 11 ...
Old 06-11-2014, 09:23 PM   #610
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Why do people keep hating on the vision cone? Lol. This was one of the few gimmicks that 1. Made sense - size of vision cone relating to QB actual vision (manning having the largest. Vick having the smallest back in those days made total sense). 2. U could look off safeties - I recall this actually working well enough, too. 3. The accuracy of the pass absolutely WAS affected by whether your WR was in the window or not. Mapped to the right stick worked well for me. So, for me, this was one of the very few things madden ever created all by themselves that not only was a creative take on QB play in general, but was actually implemented correctly on the first take. I would expect this to be the type of thing to toggle on/off for users as opposed to being mandatory gameplay, but I enjoyed it. I am strictly an offline player, btw. Maybe, that made a difference. I have no idea how it played in multiplayer, but I was pretty happy with it vs. CPU. Can anyone explain the biggest gripe with this? Just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-11-2014, 09:27 PM   #611
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Why do people keep hating on the vision cone? Lol. This was one of the few gimmicks that 1. Made sense - size of vision cone relating to QB actual vision (manning having the largest. Vick having the smallest back in those days made total sense). 2. U could look off safeties - I recall this actually working well enough, too. 3. The accuracy of the pass absolutely WAS affected by whether your WR was in the window or not. Mapped to the right stick worked well for me. So, for me, this was one of the very few things madden ever created all by themselves that not only was a creative take on QB play in general, but was actually implemented correctly on the first take. I would expect this to be the type of thing to toggle on/off for users as opposed to being mandatory gameplay, but I enjoyed it. I am strictly an offline player, btw. Maybe, that made a difference. I have no idea how it played in multiplayer, but I was pretty happy with it vs. CPU. Can anyone explain the biggest gripe with this? Just curious.
The biggest gripes were people who didn't like the way it looked or didn't know about the WR icon double tap method that allowed you to control the cone very easily. I honestly haven't seen anyone who hated it have a complete valid reason that wasn't related to one of these.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2014, 09:30 PM   #612
MVP

drlw322's Arena

OVR: 24

one of the little things i do love is that WR has their inside foot up and if you watch closely towards the end with 43 sec left in the video, michael crabtree check with the side line judge to see if he is on the line and he digs his toe in the grass. Little things like that is what bring realism and immersion

on the same play i love how he talked about concepts and learning the game but the person demoing the game drops back on a play that has no drop and miss the window (slant) that he was suppose to throw to and throw super late to boldin

Last edited by drlw322; 06-11-2014 at 09:32 PM.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:37 PM   #613
Rookie

OVR: 3

I loved the QB vision cone too.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:45 PM   #614
MVP

OVR: 8

This is probably a discussion for another thread but there honestly is no need for the cone if you just have the double tap feature. The WR being looked at could have his indicator highlighted. And obviously the defense can tell by the direction of the QBs head.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:56 PM   #615
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Line play still needs more work man. It's like once the initial contact is made the lineman just give up to create this BS sense of pressure, when in fact lineman just let there man go by and then stand there. At 8:07 there was a 3 man rush and it led to a sack. It looked terrible. Stuff like that just takes you out of the game. 2 double team blocks were EASILY beat. Maybe it was the difficulty level, but I saw it plenty of times in Madden 25 as well.

Small thing but I also don't like that they didn't add that "QB scanning the field in the pocket" last year from the BS gameplay trailer. QB's still just look stiff standing in the pocket. No urgency or awareness as all.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

Last edited by SageInfinite; 06-11-2014 at 09:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2014, 09:59 PM   #616
Pro

ChampIsHere42's Arena

OVR: 6

Anyone follow sim on twitter? Something is going on with 2k it looks like.....?looks like hes gonna release some footage of madden soon too

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »