Home

Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

This is a discussion on Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
How SDS Can Improve the 'Full Minors' Feature for MLB The Show 21
Top 10 Shootout Players to Fear in NHL 21
Skatebird Preview - Updated Hands-On With New Rooftop Level
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-12-2014, 04:11 AM   #657
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

This game looks much better over all.
Old 06-12-2014, 04:46 AM   #658
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Still waiting to see someone get footage from halftime to see how that plays out

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 06-12-2014, 04:52 AM   #659
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Added direct feed from Anto Daboss

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise
Old 06-12-2014, 05:02 AM   #660
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Added direct feed from Anto Daboss
On that Anto video.... Why is Pete Caroll on the 49ers sideline in the pre-game scenes? lol classic.
Old 06-12-2014, 05:32 AM   #661
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Realistic lighting, fantastic. Broadcast presentation, fantastic. 'Real time' celebration, fantastic.

The more I watch this video, however, what really sticks out like a sore thumb is both the 2nd/3rd defender in the vicinity are simply watching the first defender complete the tackle. There is absolutely no motion from either the 2nd/3rd defender to assist with the tackle. They stand and observe rather than aggressively engage.

Sure there are instances where the 2nd defender may engage and finish off the tackle, but that usually comes at the expense of the 1st defender completely failing to tackle the ball carrier. As seen in the first sequence in the video--this looks great (1st defender misses, 2nd defender completes). But if the 1st defender completes the tackle animation, the 2nd/3rd defender will literally stand and observe (check the time marks below).

I had my fingers crossed, praying, hoping that I would see a 2nd and 3rd defender engage in a 'gang tackle' of sort but it never ever came to fruition. Unfortunately disappointed.

The following time marks illustrate the reluctance for the 2nd/3rd defender to engage the ball carrier.
@1:50, @2:17, @2:58, @3:53, @5:03, @5:46, @7:23

Yes, what they call "Consecutive hit tackle" or I would like to call it "Collision Impact Physics" is crucial and a game changer if implemented.

Consider a goal line situation, or first down marker situation. If the initial defender engages the tackle but the ball carrier continues to struggle and motor his feet to try to get past the goal line or get past the first down marker, a 2nd/3rd defender in the vicinity needs to be able to throw a consecutive hit tackle to stop the ball carrier (Collision Impact Physics with three or four players (objects))

BONUS: 4:25 - 4:26 Colin Kapernick: hover boots. "...Excited..." (I guess) yet disappointed. "... Excited ..." because I read that 'true step' wasn't fully implemented, so hopefully this hover boots is simply an indication that 'true step' does work but is simply not implemented fully. And simultaneously disappointed that 'true step' wasn't fully implemented because if it was this hover boots effect would not happen.

Hopefully 'true step' wasn't fully implemented, but disappointed that 'true step' wasn't fully implemented. Hopefully you GET what I'm saying.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 06-12-2014 at 06:00 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2014, 05:41 AM   #662
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Killing my verizon data plan with all these videos are work. Good to see the opening sequence. Looks good now, but my only fear is after year one with draftees.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 06-12-2014, 06:29 AM   #663
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Post Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Added direct feed from Simfballcritic video to OP, make sure you guys watch the end of the video as sim hints at something kinda like he did with physics in Madden 13.

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise
Old 06-12-2014, 06:46 AM   #664
Pro

OVR: 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPH1...ure=youtu.be&a

Footage from SimFB Critic

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »