Home

Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

This is a discussion on Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
F1 2021 Review - One for the Ages
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Include Brand New Swing Mechanics, Three Click Swing Returns
FIFA 22 Gameplay: Breaking Down the Latest Details
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-12-2014, 12:36 PM   #713
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
That's how I feel too, the rest of M15 presentation is so smooth and this so choppy and awkward. It goes silent for like 8 seconds it seems during the stay recap.
Not to mention the camera work does not resemble a broadcast at all. They're usually showed from the broadcast angles, and other angles are used for analysis. This is just bad imo. I like that they tried something, but they're a little too excited if that's what they came up with.

I respect this teams confidence, but the way they describe and explain thins is so much better than the actual attempt.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-12-2014, 12:39 PM   #714
Rookie

testudoaubreii's Arena

OVR: 0

It's alright. It is definitely better than the previous couple of years. The angles and silence should be worked on.

I am trying to stay positive...must...fight...the...urge...to post about the jerky, almost laggy, animations...focus on presentation...

Seriously, that halftime show did not seem smooth to me at all. Perhaps, I am over estimating what they can do on the new generation consoles, but I thought they could at least make cut scenes smooth.
Old 06-12-2014, 12:39 PM   #715
Oh Deer!

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Also Sim FB critic lost some credibility saying that was better than NBA 2k14's.
He really said that ? This halftime show honestly is bad, its just Madden has never really offered anything outside of the extra point so I will take this over nothing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2014, 12:40 PM   #716
Underdog

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

The commentary obviously needs some work with respect to the dead air. The voice acting itself is fine.

To be honest, the cinematography looks fine to me. I'm guessing people want something more like what is shown on television - i.e. highlights are shown more rapid-fire, fewer reaction shots, almost all game shots from the broadcast camera - but I suppose I simply don't care as much. Make the commentary better and this is a reasonable starting point to build off of, IMO.
Old 06-12-2014, 12:46 PM   #717
MVP

volstopfan14's Arena

OVR: 20

The camera angles weren't that bad. The commentary was just awful. Did not flow at all. Way too many dead spots with silence. Fix that and it'll be fine. It wasn't what he said that was bad, but just way too much silence in between comments.

Side note, some of the DB/WR reactions to the ball were terrible. I'm gonna really hope that was just a fluke.
Old 06-12-2014, 12:49 PM   #718
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2

SMH, the HT show still has those awkward angles where half the screen is blocked by the down markers.
Old 06-12-2014, 01:12 PM   #719
MVP

OVR: 8

That halftime show is... bad. Even the pregame show doesn't look that great. Anyone play NCAA 14? That game actually had one of the best pregame shows I've ever seen in a video game. Should have taken a page out of their book, considering a lot of the guys that worked on NCAA are now on the madden team.
Old 06-12-2014, 01:12 PM   #720
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Aside from the graphics, the only thing I'm really impressed with is the "steering". I begged for that type of lateral movement from engaged players for years. Nice to see it finally made the cut.

Unfortunately, I'm only seeing it with user controlled d-linemen. The CPU controlled players still seem content to play patty cake until they break the block.

*Edit: Presentation looks pretty good too.

Aside from not having the "back of the box" glimmer, I don't understand why animations weren't a priority. After the graphics, it's the most noticable thing. But maybe that's just me. Seeing guys swerving, especially since True Step is supposed to be implemented, is a major eye sore. Tackling is a close 2nd. EA has had gang tackling issues since gang tackling has been in football games. And most of the solo tackles seem out of context, lack effort (defender & ball carrier) and stiff.

Pretty game in very limited situations. A year of major animation overhaul and a year of more advanced but fundamental AI implementation, and I think Madden will have something. Re-tiering both playbooks would go a long way as well.

I'm not seeing much of the improvements stated for '15, but assuming they're there and will be built on in the future, I think EA found a path. But I've said that before. And with them being so far behind the other major sports, catching up will be tough.

Last edited by BezO; 06-12-2014 at 01:19 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »