Home

Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

This is a discussion on Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
F1 2021 Review - One for the Ages
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Include Brand New Swing Mechanics, Three Click Swing Returns
FIFA 22 Gameplay: Breaking Down the Latest Details
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-12-2014, 01:44 PM   #729
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

I won't call the half time show awful, because there hasn't been one in Madden to compare it too. But it is very awkward. Too many unnatural pauses, and not mention of player performance at the half. Its a start, there's no denying that, but it seems to be missing a few things.

I really wish EA would dump all these "named" commentators and just copy the other game hire actors lock them in the studio for an entire year recording as much commentary as possible.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 06-12-2014, 01:45 PM   #730
Pro

bowld's Arena

OVR: 9

So far I like some of the changes I have seen but for the most part I feel like in 2014 they should be light years ahead of this. They have changed engines multiple times yet the gameplay itself still looks and feels largely the same. Hopefully I am wrong and 15 plays like a totally different game but I just dont know. Nothing I have seen leaps off the screen as truly "next gen"
Old 06-12-2014, 01:45 PM   #731
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

I am happy they added a halftime show but the was very underwhelming. And it sounded like at the end back down to the field for more playoff football. I may have heard wrong, but if it is shouldn't there be some banner during halftime saying what round of playoffs.

Also big concern after the made field goal. Why did the kick stand there like he was in practice about to do a one on one tackling drill.

I am fearful that since this attempt at halftime show was so underwhelming it will be taken out next year. I hope they don't take the criticism and cut the idea out altogether. Instead, add at least scores from other game with some commentary or if you wanted to blow your fan base out of the water, how about add highlights from other games. But they at least have to add updates from other games whether it's just scores and stats or highlights.

The only other issue is the camera angles for the highlights. Why so zoomed in? You can barely tell what happened. Show all highlights from broadcast angle like you see on Sundays during both Fox and CBS halftime.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2014, 01:50 PM   #732
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Looking at antondaboss' video. Saw that many of the same routes are wide open. 3rd down audible to a quick out WIDE OPEN, next play 4 verts, and the TE across the middle WIDE OPEN. Its a short video but I turned if off after that. I shudder to think that these routes will never really be defended properly.

Out side of a quick sack he went down the field on the Seahawks with ease. Before someone says that its was on a lower difficulty, fine I will accept that. But then I would need to see video of it on a high difficulty before saying its not just Madden being Madden.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 06-12-2014, 01:51 PM   #733
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Honestly, EA should just scrap the guy's voice and just leave the highlight clips.
Old 06-12-2014, 01:53 PM   #734
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
Also big concern after the made field goal. Why did the kick stand there like he was in practice about to do a one on one tackling drill.

I am fearful that since this attempt at halftime show was so underwhelming it will be taken out next year. I hope they don't take the criticism and cut the idea out altogether. Instead, add at least scores from other game with some commentary or if you wanted to blow your fan base out of the water, how about add highlights from other games. But they at least have to add updates from other games whether it's just scores and stats or highlights.

The only other issue is the camera angles for the highlights. Why so zoomed in? You can barely tell what happened. Show all highlights from broadcast angle like you see on Sundays during both Fox and CBS halftime.

Yea I saw the kicker standing there after the FG as well and I was just shaking my head. Looked really awkward.

And I agree with you regarding the Halftime show. It was just not good at all, and I'm also worried instead of building on it they'll just take it out next year and disregard it.

It just looked like it was done half-assed and they didn't take it very seriously at all. I really don't see how they can watch their own halftime show and be happy with that. I wouldn't be.
Old 06-12-2014, 01:55 PM   #735
MVP

OVR: 8

If the Madden team spent more time on gameplay improvements and less on fluff and grass and random BS this game would be so much better. The fact that they won't/can't make the game play significantly better since the beginning of the last gen console is so depressing.

The amount of effort they put into the half time show could've been put into sidelines and Stadium fans/atmospher and done wonders for presentation, instead they gve us this....lol

So tired of this every year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2014, 01:59 PM   #736
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Aside from the graphics, the only thing I'm really impressed with is the "steering". I begged for that type of lateral movement from engaged players for years. Nice to see it finally made the cut.

Unfortunately, I'm only seeing it with user controlled d-linemen. The CPU controlled players still seem content to play patty cake until they break the block.

*Edit: Presentation looks pretty good too.

Aside from not having the "back of the box" glimmer, I don't understand why animations weren't a priority. After the graphics, it's the most noticable thing. But maybe that's just me. Seeing guys swerving, especially since True Step is supposed to be implemented, is a major eye sore. Tackling is a close 2nd. EA has had gang tackling issues since gang tackling has been in football games. And most of the solo tackles seem out of context, lack effort (defender & ball carrier) and stiff.

Pretty game in very limited situations. A year of major animation overhaul and a year of more advanced but fundamental AI implementation, and I think Madden will have something. Re-tiering both playbooks would go a long way as well.

I'm not seeing much of the improvements stated for '15, but assuming they're there and will be built on in the future, I think EA found a path. But I've said that before. And with them being so far behind the other major sports, catching up will be tough.
You hit the nail on the head. That was something I wondered about as well. Since AI defenders have never acted with a sense of purpose before, now given the ability to push their blockers and gain advantageous positions would they do so? So far that answer is no. This would go a long away in actually making 3-4 defenses play their nature. Instead of basically being soley a 1 gap 3-4.

I don't want space eaters like Vince Wilfork and Haloti Ngata constantly shedding blocks on first and second down. i want them holding double-teams and pushing two lineman in the backfield creating lanes for LBs to rush through.

On both sides of the ball they should be fighting to re-create the LOS in their favor.

Last edited by dghustla; 06-12-2014 at 02:11 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »