Home

Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

This is a discussion on Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2014, 02:01 PM   #737
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

If that halftime show was so hard to implement that they couldn't add the same for post game, that's just sad.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-12-2014, 02:05 PM   #738
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
If that halftime show was so hard to implement that they couldn't add the same for post game, that's just sad.
Agreed. I really cannot understand how a Creative Director or even a Vice President can let this game be released with the halftime show looking like that and say "yea that looks good, fans will be excited".

Are you serious?!
Old 06-12-2014, 02:08 PM   #739
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
I am happy they added a halftime show but the was very underwhelming. And it sounded like at the end back down to the field for more playoff football. I may have heard wrong, but if it is shouldn't there be some banner during halftime saying what round of playoffs.

Also big concern after the made field goal. Why did the kick stand there like he was in practice about to do a one on one tackling drill.

I am fearful that since this attempt at halftime show was so underwhelming it will be taken out next year. I hope they don't take the criticism and cut the idea out altogether. Instead, add at least scores from other game with some commentary or if you wanted to blow your fan base out of the water, how about add highlights from other games. But they at least have to add updates from other games whether it's just scores and stats or highlights.

The only other issue is the camera angles for the highlights. Why so zoomed in? You can barely tell what happened. Show all highlights from broadcast angle like you see on Sundays during both Fox and CBS halftime.
That would so lame if they folded to the criticism & totally scrapped the halftime show next year smh. However I wouldn't put it pass them because they've done things like that in the past (Extra Point Show from Madden 10 ring a bell?) I have faith in this dev team so I really hope they put in the work instead of taking the easy way out like in years past by giving up on features. They just really need to flush it out next year (make it flow better, better replay angles, add highlights from games around the league, etc..)
Old 06-12-2014, 02:10 PM   #740
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
I won't call the half time show awful, because there hasn't been one in Madden to compare it too. But it is very awkward. Too many unnatural pauses, and not mention of player performance at the half. Its a start, there's no denying that, but it seems to be missing a few things.

I really wish EA would dump all these "named" commentators and just copy the other game hire actors lock them in the studio for an entire year recording as much commentary as possible.
This overpaying for marginal work. Since i'm not in the local area where this commentator broadcast I've never heard of him anyways. I'll take it because it's always cool to see highlights of the previous halfs work, but you think internally someone would hear that and say it just doesn't sound natural especially not for Gen 4.
Old 06-12-2014, 02:16 PM   #741
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
That would so lame if they folded to the criticism & totally scrapped the halftime show next year smh. However I wouldn't put it pass them because they've done things like that in the past (Extra Point Show from Madden 10 ring a bell?) I have faith in this dev team so I really hope they put in the work instead of taking the easy way out like in years past by giving up on features. They just really need to flush it out next year (make it flow better, better replay angles, add highlights from games around the league, etc..)
But if they don't scrap it and try to improve it, they will work on that and skip all the other gameplay mechanics that we've been wanting fixed. THE FUNDAMENTALS are broken, have been broken and are in some ways getting worse.

They seem to devote all of their time to ONE thing and do everything else half-assed, and even that ONE thing isn't even good and THAT is a problem. They devoted a TON of time to the Halftime show and it's really bad. Everything else suffers.

I just don't get how one other game can do everything AMAZING in just ONE year, and it's taken 10 years for EA to try and still can't. TEN YEARS. Is that bad coders? Bad management? Is it really at the leadership level that is causing this?

I don't know what is the problem.

Last edited by extremeskins04; 06-12-2014 at 02:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2014, 02:19 PM   #742
Pro

OVR: 2

The halftime show will be gone next year. Instead of expanding upon things and/or improving them, EA just nixes them. It will suffer the same fate as the the Extra Point, the prime time studio player intros, team specific entrances, QB Stories, and the Tony Bruno Radio show. If we had all of those things together, it would be pretty cool.
Old 06-12-2014, 02:23 PM   #743
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

We can only hope that this (halftime show) could be improved before launch. If they have a small group dedicated to improving this is possible. I work with a group of programmers who write apps for mobile devices using the Unity engine and I know that I could direct them to fix this big time in 2 months. It would take some serious work but it could be done. I just don't know if this is a priority.

My biggest gripe is I want to see these highlights from the broadcast camera view....the way every single network shows them. I don't need to see my receiver running for 20 yards via a closeup before he catches the pass and then follow him. Show me the QB launching the pass and follow it to the receiver. This is such a simple concept that I am baffled EA misses it so often.
Old 06-12-2014, 02:25 PM   #744
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
My biggest gripe is I want to see these highlights from the broadcast camera view....the way every single network shows them. I don't need to see my receiver running for 20 yards via a closeup before he catches the pass and then follow him. Show me the QB launching the pass and follow it to the receiver. This is such a simple concept that I am baffled EA misses it so often.
This! This would make it so much better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »