Home

Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

This is a discussion on Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
How SDS Can Improve the 'Full Minors' Feature for MLB The Show 21
Top 10 Shootout Players to Fear in NHL 21
Skatebird Preview - Updated Hands-On With New Rooftop Level
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-12-2014, 02:29 PM   #745
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

I think the halftime show is unnatural and I'm not a fan of the guy announcing it (never heard him in real life) but it's better than nothing. They have to start somewhere. If there was nothing people would complain about that too.

As for HT show footage, they just need to pull back the camera some. The replays are waaay to close to the play. More broadcast type shots. Hell, they have a broadcast cam! Use it!!

Overall though, the lack of cutscenes and real time celebrations is a game changer. Animations need work but man it looks pretty!!!

This years baseball title set the standard for night game lighting. Just hope Madden is close to that level. Nothing worse than gorgeous day games and bland night games.
8 GB Kingston RAM
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2014, 02:32 PM   #746
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
The commentary obviously needs some work with respect to the dead air. The voice acting itself is fine.

To be honest, the cinematography looks fine to me. I'm guessing people want something more like what is shown on television - i.e. highlights are shown more rapid-fire, fewer reaction shots, almost all game shots from the broadcast camera - but I suppose I simply don't care as much. Make the commentary better and this is a reasonable starting point to build off of, IMO.
Disappointing halftime show, but I guess anything is better than nothing at all. I think people want to see how the important plays were developed from start to finish, at least that is what I personally want to see in a halftime show.

Problem with the halftime show (IMO):
1) Everything is too zoomed in.
2) There is no real visual point of reference for where the play began (from snap to finish).
3) Can't tell how the play truly developed.

Solution (IMO):
A) Broadcast camera to show how and where the play beings and ends.
B) Show how the play was developed. Just show the entire play from start to finish.
C) More talking, less silence at the beginning ("so let's take a look at some of the highlights from the first half"). Can you please elaborate on the numbers, stat line?
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 06-12-2014, 02:36 PM   #747
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

I agree with those that feel this Halftime Show is a decent starting point, hope to see it polished and fleshed out in the coming years. Also, I like the Halftime commentator's general delivery, just want to see it all synced better in the future.

Now, I had to bust out laughing at the holder, #10, still doing that "dump" pose in the middle of the field after the FG, like a few other posters already mentioned, can't believe that's still in the game. Also, like others again have mentioned, I don't understand why replay camera angles for in-game highlights would be an issue, maybe it's more difficult to provide "broadcast" camera angles on highlights then I realize. It would probably be better if they at least showed every highlight play initially from a broadcast or default gameplay angle, then do all the close up stuff for the follow up shots.
Old 06-12-2014, 02:38 PM   #748
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Disappointing halftime show, but I guess anything is better than nothing at all. I think people want to see how the important plays were developed from start to finish, at least that is what I personally want to see in a halftime show.

Problem with the halftime show (IMO):
1) Everything is too zoomed in.
2) There is no real visual point of reference for where the play began (from snap to finish).
3) Can't tell how the play truly developed.

Solution (IMO):
A) Broadcast camera to show how and where the play beings and ends.
B) Show how the play was developed. Just show the entire play from start to finish.
C) More talking, less silence at the beginning ("so let's take a look at some of the highlights from the first half"). Can you please elaborate on the numbers, stat line?
Great post

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-12-2014, 02:43 PM   #749
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

I wonder if they are still able to fix the highlights and make them all broadcast angle prior to release.

I doubt it as even NCAA and Madden in the past always use these close up angles for replays.

But for that halftime show to even be watchable they need to start by showing the highlights in broadcast instead of that zoomed in angle where you can't see anything. Plus a broadcast angle would cover up some of the sliding and imperfection, as they wouldn't look so weird from a distance.

Can someone do that tweet thing and find out if it's possible to adjust that before release. I don't use twitter and have no clue how it works.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies

Last edited by Aggies7; 06-12-2014 at 02:45 PM.
Old 06-12-2014, 02:46 PM   #750
Pro

huntt26's Arena

OVR: 11

The halftime show lost me when the stats were on the screen as soon as the guy said "Lets look at the highlights"

After that and some dead-air with no audio, I was completely removed from the show.
Old 06-12-2014, 02:47 PM   #751
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntt26
The halftime show lost me when the stats were on the screen as soon as the guy said "Lets look at the highlights"

After that and some dead-air with no audio, I was completely removed from the show.

Yea it was waiting for Simms or Nantz to say "sorry we are having technically difficulties back at the studio" Just awkward with the silence and like you said telling us here comes the highlights, only to show stats first.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2014, 02:47 PM   #752
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
But if they don't scrap it and try to improve it, they will work on that and skip all the other gameplay mechanics that we've been wanting fixed. THE FUNDAMENTALS are broken, have been broken and are in some ways getting worse.

They seem to devote all of their time to ONE thing and do everything else half-assed, and even that ONE thing isn't even good and THAT is a problem. They devoted a TON of time to the Halftime show and it's really bad. Everything else suffers.

I just don't get how one other game can do everything AMAZING in just ONE year, and it's taken 10 years for EA to try and still can't. TEN YEARS. Is that bad coders? Bad management? Is it really at the leadership level that is causing this?

I don't know what is the problem.
Honestly, I think it just comes down to mentality. I think many of the people who work at EA--or at least the big decision makers when it comes to Madden, have a "this is good enough" mentality. I think that's why we don't all the polish and shine and "little things" that are in other sports games. They see each year's Madden as simply "good enough."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »