Home

Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

This is a discussion on Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
How SDS Can Improve the 'Full Minors' Feature for MLB The Show 21
Top 10 Shootout Players to Fear in NHL 21
Skatebird Preview - Updated Hands-On With New Rooftop Level
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-12-2014, 02:49 PM   #753
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Looking at antondaboss' video. Saw that many of the same routes are wide open. 3rd down audible to a quick out WIDE OPEN, next play 4 verts, and the TE across the middle WIDE OPEN. Its a short video but I turned if off after that. I shudder to think that these routes will never really be defended properly.

Out side of a quick sack he went down the field on the Seahawks with ease. Before someone says that its was on a lower difficulty, fine I will accept that. But then I would need to see video of it on a high difficulty before saying its not just Madden being Madden.
This is very concerning.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-12-2014, 02:56 PM   #754
Pro

OVR: 4

Without trying to be disrespectful to any of the reviews or youtubers out there who've said/written about the game.....

This is why one simply CANNOT believe anything of what they say/read (especially those generic articles from sites like IGN).... I feel like each and every article I read or video I saw referred to how cool the halftime show is and how much it added to the game....

If someone really means that, then they had really low expectations for this caliber of a game.

That halftime show was simply poorly executed.... And for those hoping EA will continue to develop it, how did that work with true step for this year, huh?

And is not like they have to come up with a novel idea either.... Just look at NBA Live's halftime show and freaking copy it.... that would've been really cool.

It's just hard to understand EA's thought process for things, and that's why, at least for me, it's hard to believe any of the devs when they talk about their vision of the game.
Old 06-12-2014, 03:05 PM   #755
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
Without trying to be disrespectful to any of the reviews or youtubers out there who've said/written about the game.....

This is why one simply CANNOT believe anything of what they say/read (especially those generic articles from sites like IGN).... I feel like each and every article I read or video I saw referred to how cool the halftime show is and how much it added to the game....

Very well put. Sometimes I feel as if they are playing a different game than I am. But I don't see how they were blown away by that halftime show.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great starting point, but needs to be dramatically improved. Hopefully they can tweak the easier thing prior to release such as making the highlights in broadcast camera instead of zoomed in and that awkward silence when stats are on the screen.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2014, 03:06 PM   #756
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Moderators, just having a little fun. Delete if you must, if so my apologies.

Imagine her little heart is watching the new Madden's halftime show. Mute the volume if you must.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 06-12-2014, 03:42 PM   #757
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Being rained on at the golf course so I'll add this. I really hope EA takes a look at the community plays and sees which plays are being called the most and they yards they gain (ie 4 verts) and used that data to tune their game.

It seems like now they have the tools to do that. Not saying they didn't before but if on third and long one play is called by the community 80 of the time gaining 20+ yards there might be a problem.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 06-12-2014, 03:52 PM   #758
Banned

OVR: 0

Aside from how horrible that halftime show was, did anyone notice how bad the animations where?? Yikes that looked bad, the players didn't even look like they running on the field and then right before the WR's would catch the ball they did some weird sliding motion??!! Players still sliding & gliding?? Just awful for a Next Gen game.. wow..
Old 06-12-2014, 03:58 PM   #759
Pro

OVR: 4

Have any of the interviews mentioned if the "previous play" is for User vs Cpu only or will this be displayed in all Head2head games as well?

I'm not really on board with this if it's on all H2H games after every play. NFL teams do get access to what their opponent is doing, but it's usually after the current drive has concluded when they can look at pictures and get coached up.

Last edited by dghustla; 06-12-2014 at 04:00 PM.
Old 06-12-2014, 04:20 PM   #760
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Being rained on at the golf course so I'll add this. I really hope EA takes a look at the community plays and sees which plays are being called the most and they yards they gain (ie 4 verts) and used that data to tune their game.

It seems like now they have the tools to do that. Not saying they didn't before but if on third and long one play is called by the community 80 of the time gaining 20+ yards there might be a problem.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I doubt they have a football way of addressing the success of certain plays. For example, certain patterns/players are more successful against off coverage. With no WR/DB interaction, how do they address that without "cheating"?

Until they implement steering for CPU controlled defenders, the spacing on outside runs won't be right, for another example.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »