Home

Madden NFL 15: New Tackling Mechanics Explained

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: New Tackling Mechanics Explained within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2014, 03:47 AM   #17
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Madden NFL 15: New Tackling Mechanics Explained

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowery
Funny the didn't talk more about tackling in general, wonder if they improved the gang tackling? Will we get more than two man gang tackles? Has the Infinity Engine tackling improved? This is like it's 3rd or 4th year of IE.

That's what I want to see is more fluid gang tackling and also strip sack animations. And even just strip animations to cause fumbles.

Also want to see pile ups for fumbles...not fight for fumble but multiple players piling on

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 06-10-2014, 07:04 AM   #18
World Series Champions!!

Cubfan's Arena

OVR: 20

I just want improved offense and defense without all the gimmicks.
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NCAA: Iowa Hawkeyes
Old 06-10-2014, 09:44 AM   #19
Rookie

Greenblood60's Arena

OVR: 0

The QB vision cone should have been implemented better. It could have been received much better, even by the casual or novice crowd.

First, it was just ugly on screen. The way EA went about distinguishing QBs with high awareness, from QBs with low awareness, was wrong in my opinion. Making smarter QBs have bigger cones was a mistake. They really didn't need a cone at all. They just needed to have the icon of the receiver ( that the QB is looking at ) light up ( or be highlighted ) in some way. The smarter the QB, the less time it takes to switch from one receiver to the next. That way it would be easier to go through your progressions, look defenders off, and get more passes of with Rodgers then with someone like Mike Glennon.

The controls were also too cumbersome. All you really needed was a double tap mechanic. You tap first to get the QB to look at the receiver, and the second time to throw it.

Had they done that instead of having users have to either mess with the R-stick or hold down the R2 button ( while pressing the face buttons to look at receivers ) the feature might have been received better.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:07 AM   #20
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
That's what I want to see is more fluid gang tackling and also strip sack animations. And even just strip animations to cause fumbles.

Also want to see pile ups for fumbles...not fight for fumble but multiple players piling on
And limit the amount of WWE style tackles, especially with no momentum. Not a fan of how a defensive player who is standing still just lights up the ball carrier.
Old 06-10-2014, 02:09 PM   #21
Madden Gameplay QA

Official_Mole's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
Honestly, not a fan of this feature. I really feel like this is for first time users and really won't apply to those that have played for years. Just my opinion.

Which is why your given the option to turn off the cone. New users will probably want to leave it on for a while, where as hardcore users will turn it off.

The game functions the same whether you have the cone on or off, its just a matter of whether or not you want the visual aid.

QA Central Gameplay-Madden NFL

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »