Home

EA could adopt this

This is a discussion on EA could adopt this within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2014, 11:53 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
EA could adopt this

From looking at some the videos Madden improved in a few area but it remains largely the same as last year. I see the same running animation that I always thought that it looked very awkward. And I WR/DB play looks like it hasn't been touch. I hear the developer in the in stage demo say it was a short cycle. We can all agree that Madden can benefit a 2 year cycle that release a game every other year. But the NFL or EA will never do that. So I have another idea. What if EA create a second studio to develop Madden one year while the another team research, do mocap and facial scans and create some new for the series. Then, when the new game releases, the teams switch and the the next team take all their idea and put it in to the next game on top of the last team game, that way nothing get left out or taken out. Pretty much the same thing Activision doing with the COD series with their 3 studios.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2014, 11:57 PM   #2
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: EA could adopt this

One thing is money. EA will never do it. It would be nice, but it will never happen. For that to happen it would take a lot more staff and a lot more space and so on. It would take more money to do it. But the higher up guys would never go for it because that have no reason to do it. Simple as that.
Old 06-15-2014, 12:02 AM   #3
Rookie

But EA had a whole other team that developed NCAA Football series. Unless they was already absorbed in the Madden team at Tiburon. They could have used them for that purpose.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
Old 06-15-2014, 12:13 PM   #4
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

FWIW OP, Tiburon claims they essentially already do this with "ghost teams" working on next year's game, while the current team works on the current year's. If you search OS and/or Google I pretty sure you can find where Cam Weber talk about this quite a bit when his hiring was first announced.

So in a nutshell, delaying release longer likely would result in very little difference from the game we get every year now. I'm really starting to be in the camp of it's either an issue with the actual programmers at Tiburon and/or the FUBAR Madden code. What would really have an impact, imo, is if EA moved the development of Madden to a studio other than Tiburon AND let them build a NFL game from scratch.
Old 06-16-2014, 12:40 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
FWIW OP, Tiburon claims they essentially already do this with "ghost teams" working on next year's game, while the current team works on the current year's. If you search OS and/or Google I pretty sure you can find where Cam Weber talk about this quite a bit when his hiring was first announced.

So in a nutshell, delaying release longer likely would result in very little difference from the game we get every year now. I'm really starting to be in the camp of it's either an issue with the actual programmers at Tiburon and/or the FUBAR Madden code. What would really have an impact, imo, is if EA moved the development of Madden to a studio other than Tiburon AND let them build a NFL game from scratch.
What you stated here can't be an either/or. How do you think the code got FUBAR?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2014, 05:59 AM   #6
Just started!

I pretty sure you can find where Cam Weber talk about this quite a bit when his hiring was first announced.
Old 06-16-2014, 06:11 AM   #7
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

EA only cares about one thing and that is how well the game sells. Until they stop selling millions of copies every year it will be business as usual. Instead of fixing the glaring issues we've put up with for years they will put on a fresh coat of paint , add some new feature, come up with a sales slogan , update the roster and away we go. Oh and don't forget the all important cover athlete vote.

I'm as much to blame as anyone, I keep getting sucked in every year.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:26 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 1

madden 08 on pc with mods looks more and more attractive every day

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »