Home

Penalty overhaul? Pass Interference Finally?

This is a discussion on Penalty overhaul? Pass Interference Finally? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-06-2014, 02:23 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Penalty overhaul? Pass Interference Finally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat boi Q
How about two penalties called in one play. I know madden will never have it though. I played 2k5 yesterday and seen it I was shocked.
They won't even let you motion two guys in one play, after the first is set in place of course. EA sports doesn't do attention to detail well.
Old 07-06-2014, 04:12 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 0

I doubt you'll see an overhaul more than likely you'll see jus a couple interfernece calls every 4 or 5 games. which acually is an improvement but its just so hard to replicate that so i can understand why its so difficult to get it in the game properly
Old 07-06-2014, 04:42 PM   #75
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hitchens
I doubt you'll see an overhaul more than likely you'll see jus a couple interfernece calls every 4 or 5 games. which acually is an improvement but its just so hard to replicate that so i can understand why its so difficult to get it in the game properly
At what point did it supposedly become hard to replicate DPI, when Madden got the exclusive? Don't get me wrong, I think there are better ways to replicate DPI than was done many years ago but the fact is, it was represented far better then, than now. I don't understand how Tiburon justifies regressing the football video game genre, which DPI calls is a good example of.

The main reason I think Madden currently doesn't represent DPI as well as older football games is that it would mean having to change something else. Meaning, I recall back in the day, impeding a receiver's route, once the pass was thrown, would result in a DPI, with the sensitivity of that tied to the DPI slider. Now in Madden, it takes dang near a full blown attempted tackle of the intended receiver to potentially draw a DPI. This seems at least in part due to the fact that there is so many sloppy player interactions in the passing game now, that an older style DPI system would result in a DPI every pass play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2014, 09:23 AM   #76
Rookie

NicVirtue's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
At what point did it supposedly become hard to replicate DPI, when Madden got the exclusive? Don't get me wrong, I think there are better ways to replicate DPI than was done many years ago but the fact is, it was represented far better then, than now. I don't understand how Tiburon justifies regressing the football video game genre, which DPI calls is a good example of.

The main reason I think Madden currently doesn't represent DPI as well as older football games is that it would mean having to change something else. Meaning, I recall back in the day, impeding a receiver's route, once the pass was thrown, would result in a DPI, with the sensitivity of that tied to the DPI slider. Now in Madden, it takes dang near a full blown attempted tackle of the intended receiver to potentially draw a DPI. This seems at least in part due to the fact that there is so many sloppy player interactions in the passing game now, that an older style DPI system would result in a DPI every pass play.
It doesn't seem like rocket science to me. They have animations (very VERY few) for jamming at the line, so why not have some animations for interaction past 5 yards? Why not have animations for "checking"? Another problem with DPI or OPI, is that the AI for Defensive Backs and Receivers when it comes to making a play on the ball is very 1 dimensional. DB's have more right to the ball in the air than WR's, and more times than not attack the ball at it's highest point, more so than WR's. At no time does the WR become the defender, until AFTER the ball is picked off. If there were simple animations for contact past 5 yards, or grabbing, then I think the interference calls would be prevalent, and also the Passing game would feel more organic. But I'm no programmer...maybe it's impossible now, 10 years from when it was done.
Old 07-23-2014, 07:51 PM   #77
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

OVR: 3

Just playing a game of Madden 25 on the PS3 and I noticed an observation. I decided to tune the penalty sliders a bit and noticed an increase in the penalties called opposed to when I didn't mess with the sliders. I have gotten OPI, Roughing The Passer, DPI, and it feels more realistic to me.

The only problem is that I wish they would fix the animations for the penalties. On a Punt return, I got called for Clipping when it was nowhere near what clipping actually is. I was running it back, another guy caught the AI and pushed him out of the way. Immediately a flag comes out and he is called for Clipping. A simple push was called clipping.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:37 PM   #78
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by goravens2052
Just playing a game of Madden 25 on the PS3 and I noticed an observation. I decided to tune the penalty sliders a bit and noticed an increase in the penalties called opposed to when I didn't mess with the sliders. I have gotten OPI, Roughing The Passer, DPI, and it feels more realistic to me.

The only problem is that I wish they would fix the animations for the penalties. On a Punt return, I got called for Clipping when it was nowhere near what clipping actually is. I was running it back, another guy caught the AI and pushed him out of the way. Immediately a flag comes out and he is called for Clipping. A simple push was called clipping.

They use clipping on returns for blocks in the back. Been like this for years.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 07-24-2014, 12:11 AM   #79
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
I've actually seen DPI and OPI called in 25 dosen't happen every game but its happen more in 25 then in previous versions maybe its how I have my sliders set.

I've even seen illegal touch called as we'll and again this is first madden I've saw that called in and its not even on the list.

I believe they said they added some into madden this yr so be curious see if they work on normal settings or if we have to adjust those ones as we'll.
I've seen a couple rare penalties too. Like runner OB, Illegal touching, and even the CPU committing an Illegal forward pass. OBV not often, but it's happened. But I agree, PI is NOT called often enough on both sides.
Old 07-24-2014, 12:39 AM   #80
Rookie

Darkwolf90's Arena

OVR: 2

I'd personally like to see Intentional Grounding called, I can't count the number of times I've had the opposing QB just throw the ball away while still in the pocket. Unless I've missed something and that's no longer a penalty.
NHL: San Jose Sharks
NCAA: LSU Tigers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »