Home

Penalty overhaul? Pass Interference Finally?

This is a discussion on Penalty overhaul? Pass Interference Finally? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-18-2014, 11:53 AM   #41
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Penalty overhaul? Pass Interference Finally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I think it is inexcusable for penalties to not be a factor in the game. Didn't Rex go on record at E3 to say Madden will be a sim game? Immediately after someone should have asked why there are no penalties being called and how can Madden be sim without penalties.

I am getting very tired of the maybe next year routine.
Exactly. I can't believe there people on here saying they're ok with this not being in the game. PI is the most important penalty in football, and EA can't get this right? Come on man. EA cannot produce a football game that replicates the nfl. They just can't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2014, 11:57 AM   #42
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan21
Exactly. I can't believe there people on here saying they're ok with this not being in the game. PI is the most important penalty in football, and EA can't get this right? Come on man. EA cannot produce a football game that replicates the nfl. They just can't.
Thing is Madden has NEVER had penalties right and people still loved it all the same. So when they go 10 years and the fans don't seem to mind we get the Madden we see. A building built on a broken foundation trying to renovate a couple rooms per year at a time.

To get the Madden we really want it would take them starting from scratch, which would take time, which is a luxury they don't have because at the end of the day it's all about money. So instead we get this small tweaks after 6-9 months of development but those changes only amount to 15-20% of the game.
Old 06-18-2014, 11:57 AM   #43
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
I'm with you but this isn't the SAME Madden. How much Madden 25 did you play? A modest estimation for myself is 30+ hours. Most of which were editing sliders and comparing how madden played with tons of different settings. This isn't the same madden as last year and its easy for me to see from the videos. If it looked exactly the same I would say so. Rex isn't the same developer from the last 10 years is he? Lots of things aren't the same but if you choose to only look at the negative and what they haven't changed then you won't see what has.

Please show me where I am doing the same thing over and over and over and expecting a different result. I'll wait..
You seem intent on arguing with me when no argument is needed. Personally I played a lot of madden 25, about 4 or 5 seasons worth. Does that make my opinion more valid in your eyes?

I've simply provide some real stats on penalties and indicated that they will need to show me they can improve it, not tell me. I personally can't say Madden 15 is not the same game, I haven't played it.

I personally prefer to reserve judgement until I play the product. If you have played it or feel differently from just watching videos, that is your choice.

As for my last post it was not directed at you but the whole process in general. I could write a book on what will happen here each year. Who will trash the game and who will defend the game, what conversations will occur and what the results will be.

In the end I'm not sure why me personally wanting to see the results for myself instead of taking the word of people or watching videos posted by a selected group of people would bother you.
Old 06-18-2014, 12:00 PM   #44
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
You seem intent on arguing with me when no argument is needed. Personally I played a lot of madden 25, about 4 or 5 seasons worth. Does that make my opinion more valid in your eyes?

I've simply provide some real stats on penalties and indicated that they will need to show me they can improve it, not tell me. I personally can't say Madden 15 is not the same game, I haven't played it.

I personally prefer to reserve judgement until I play the product. If you have played it or feel differently from just watching videos, that is your choice.

As for my last post it was not directed at you but the whole process in general. I could write a book on what will happen here each year. Who will trash the game and who will defend the game, what conversations will occur and what the results will be.

In the end I'm not sure why me personally wanting to see the results for myself instead of taking the word of people or watching videos posted by a selected group of people would bother you.
Wasn't directed at me but you quoted me..

Gotcha.
Old 06-18-2014, 12:02 PM   #45
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I have no problem for people disappointed and wanting "Show me, don't tell me, because they've heard all before.

(There is a Rush song in there somewhere)

However, if I have a gut feeling based on Rex's several interviews I've listened to or seen, I should be afforded the same courtesy.

I've been on the pulpit for years for mostly DPI, but I agree, there needs to be a balance set of ALL penalties called realistically, and currently, holding, FM, roughing the kicker, roughing the QB, offside cranked and FS cranked, work.

DPI, OPI do not work and haven't worked for EON's.

And GiantBlue is correct, do them realistically. It's similar to NBA games without fouls being called.(Although, you need to crank them in the basketball games, too and there were some fouls that you wouldn't see up till recently)

Last edited by roadman; 06-18-2014 at 12:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2014, 12:06 PM   #46
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
However, if I have a gut feeling based on Rex's several interviews I've listened to or seen, I should be afforded the same courtesy.
I do sincerely apologize if you felt I was not giving you the courtesy of having your opinion. I didn't mean for it to come across that way.
Old 06-18-2014, 12:07 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
Rex isn't the same developer from the last 10 years is he?
Actually, Rex isn't a developer at all on Madden. He doesn't write the code. He's the creative director for gameplay. Clint Oldenburgh is also not a developer, but a designer. There is a large difference. I can tell you that a large portion of the gameplay engineers are the same ones who have been there for a number of years.
Old 06-18-2014, 06:48 PM   #48
All Star

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
1. It was the screen name he signed up with. He was responding to a Mods statement that EA didn't care about penalties.

No, Rex didn't come from NCAA.

He has only been with EA a few years and is the Creative Director. He's a former AA college football player and was a developer on the game Turok, I believe before EA.

He's also proclaiming Madden is or will be a simulation game. So, yes, we wait another year if the penalties come to fruition.

He stated in an interview last fall with Clint penalties were a year or two away. We'll see.
Maybe I am a fool, but I actually believe Rex. He seems to be the right man for the job. My worry is the execution. Rex can point the team in whatever direction he wants, but it is up to the programmers to correctly implement anything, and its those guys who I have little confidence in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »