Home

Penalty overhaul? Pass Interference Finally?

This is a discussion on Penalty overhaul? Pass Interference Finally? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-28-2014, 12:38 AM   #57
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: Penalty overhaul? Pass Interference Finally?

How in these times are penalties in EVERY SINGLE EA sports games an issue?
NHL... No penalties
FIFA... No penalties
Madden...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-28-2014, 12:51 AM   #58
Banned

OVR: 0

If we actually got this it would increase my respect for Tiburon so much
Old 06-28-2014, 12:17 PM   #59
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

I think EA does this on purpose because i remember reading on one madden forums one guys from ea was asked and the reply was penalties? what fun are those?

esp since they are making the games shorter online and trying to be quicker most ppl would say they would ruin there game... esp if they are driving and they get a flag that knocked them out of fg range etc.

if u wanna see what a game is like with penalties just crank them all up to 100 and try playing a game... I swear there was a flag called on ever play and u couldn't even keep a drive alive and that's not realistic neither.
Old 06-28-2014, 12:18 PM   #60
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
I think EA does this on purpose because i remember reading on one madden forums one guys from ea was asked and the reply was penalties? what fun are those?
The fact that a madden guy actually came out and said that should show you why this game is in the state that it's in.
Old 06-28-2014, 12:44 PM   #61
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound

esp since they are making the games shorter online and trying to be quicker most ppl would say they would ruin there game... esp if they are driving and they get a flag that knocked them out of fg range etc.

if u wanna see what a game is like with penalties just crank them all up to 100 and try playing a game... I swear there was a flag called on ever play and u couldn't even keep a drive alive and that's not realistic neither.
Ian said something to that effect on OS before, so that POV is definitely nothing new. I would imagine that's why it hasn't been fixed, to some degree, because of this POV that Madden should be a 1v1 game, with as little elements outside of the User's control as possible. That's simply not football, yet Tiburon continues to claim that simulation football is the goal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2014, 12:47 PM   #62
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Ian said something to that effect on OS before, so that POV is definitely nothing new. I would imagine that's why it hasn't been fixed, to some degree, because of this POV that Madden should be a 1v1 game, with as little elements outside of the User's control as possible. That's simply not football, yet Tiburon continues to claim that simulation football is the goal.
This is a "cheeseheads" game man. No such thing as sim football in Madden. You're hardly the only one saying this but I've seen you come out hard against this Madden POV and it still amkes me sick we don't have features we should of had years ago, like game preparations and penalties that work.
Old 06-28-2014, 02:17 PM   #63
Formerly simon48xbox

The_Balm's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
It's like "options" isn't in their vocabulary. Penalties: None, Some, Simulation. It's not rocket science.
Old 06-28-2014, 02:31 PM   #64
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Balm
It's like "options" isn't in their vocabulary. Penalties: None, Some, Simulation. It's not rocket science.
Yeah man, it's not hard to see why there is disappointment and frustration towards Madden, simply because many of us just don't understand why they do certain things. It has been said for years that you can create a fundamentally sound football simulation video game and provide all manner of options, even turned on by default, that can make it more "arcade" accessible. However, there is no way to create a fundamentally arcade game and have options to make it more realistic, ie sim. To me, The Show is a perfect template for the former.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »