Home

Penalty overhaul? Pass Interference Finally?

This is a discussion on Penalty overhaul? Pass Interference Finally? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-28-2014, 03:47 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: Penalty overhaul? Pass Interference Finally?

The developers DONT WANT A SIM GAME and neither does EA... That's why.

80% of the madden community are arcade/tourney chumps who want nothing but points being scored.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2014, 08:07 PM   #66
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Clint and I are all over this. We made some progress this year with offsides and encroachment (the 2 most frequently called penalties in the NFL) in M15 and we are absolutely going after PI and a bunch of others next year. I can assure you that nobody at EA is telling us we can't do penalties.

This was stated a few pages back. If it doesn't happen, time to hold them against the fire.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dickson-6.html

Post #103
Old 06-28-2014, 08:24 PM   #67
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Clint and I are all over this. We made some progress this year with offsides and encroachment (the 2 most frequently called penalties in the NFL) in M15 and we are absolutely going after PI and a bunch of others next year. I can assure you that nobody at EA is telling us we can't do penalties.

This was stated a few pages back. If it doesn't happen, time to hold them against the fire.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dickson-6.html

Post #103
Good reminder Road, yet the sad thing is that even if they do somehow finally get PI functioning next year, it won't be anything to rave about. It's unfair but true that this "new" team has a thankless job because everything they do is catch up and what they don't/can't do is magnified because it's been that way for so long.

Don't get me wrong, I hope they add all applicable penalties next year, with them working correctly but even then, the penalty system in Madden would just be on par with one from years ago.
Old 06-29-2014, 02:59 AM   #68
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Good reminder Road, yet the sad thing is that even if they do somehow finally get PI functioning next year, it won't be anything to rave about. It's unfair but true that this "new" team has a thankless job because everything they do is catch up and what they don't/can't do is magnified because it's been that way for so long.

Don't get me wrong, I hope they add all applicable penalties next year, with them working correctly but even then, the penalty system in Madden would just be on par with one from years ago.
This is a good post and is true. However, that's not the responsibility of the consumer. This situation is self induced. I've often said in past posts that if they do deliver a complete game at some point in the NEAR future, all will be forgiven. Until then madden still sits at the kids table on Thanksgiving.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:41 AM   #69
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

I am not buying that penalties do not exist - that is hyperbole.

Penalties do exist and I would like to see the common ones triggered more frequently and called more appropriately.

False-Starts should have a higher chance of triggering (flare spikes) under the duress of spamming audibles and hot routing as a way of simulating communication codes being lost in translation.

Holding should animate more when a lineman or runningback is legitimately outmatched and makes a holding attempt in an effort to save his QB on a critical "rush down".

Defenders should be baited into Off-sides and Encroachment due to hard fake snap counts, esp by smart QBs - bluff it too much though and it should backfire.

Pass Interference needs interfetence animations - this penalty irks me the most. It is called too arbitrarily and not respected enough for what it represents in its entirety (constitutes): http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/passinterference

Spoiler

Overall, I expect more from a computer than a human in respect to calling and respecting penalties in a black and white manner - it is a matter of Madden coding and triggering these penalty animations appropriately.

I am no believer of, "it cannot be done" nor do I believe this team is inept in the dev and programming department.

As others have alluded: penalties and a lack therof are an issue in all three EA Sports pillar titles.

This is not an issue isolated to a particular franchise, like Madden, but a systemic issue spread within the body of the EA Sports brand, like a cancer.

I do not see penalties in their entirety as being a buzzkill in videgames and I firmly support that they ultimately assist in adding immersion to the Sport they are simulating.

While I see immersion in its literal sense as an addicting factor of videogames: The other addiction factor EA Sports do cater to on a tangent is how easy and accesssible it is to spam success and go for a joyride of sorts in their football titles.

Penalties and rules give structure to the Sport and teach discipline.

We are not asking for penalties to be called more than they are in real life but to be called appropriately based on the discipline of these players.

Look out how Peyton Manning affected the cohesion of his unit in the SB with all his pre-snap adjustments - it caused an early, misfired snap. I am aware stadium noise was a factor but the pt remains that the discipline of the line is put under more duress the longer he bluffs and rebuffs.

This claim of, "penalties are no fun" is hogwash and bares no statistics behind it.

Spoiler

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk

Last edited by hanzsomehanz; 07-02-2014 at 12:28 PM.
Old 07-02-2014, 12:38 PM   #70
Banned

I doubt madden or any other EA sports game will ever get or do penalties correctly... By choice!

It's pathetic... Hell in FIFA 14 I went 8 games straight before I ever got a free kick... That's just sad. Same for madden and NHL....

Old 07-02-2014, 12:57 PM   #71
Pro

OVR: 8

How about two penalties called in one play. I know madden will never have it though. I played 2k5 yesterday and seen it I was shocked.
LA DODGERS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2014, 01:53 PM   #72
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat boi Q
How about two penalties called in one play. I know madden will never have it though. I played 2k5 yesterday and seen it I was shocked.

That other company did penalties nearly Perfect.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »