Home

Press Row Podcast - Madden NFL 15 Developer Interview

This is a discussion on Press Row Podcast - Madden NFL 15 Developer Interview within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2014, 06:11 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Press Row Podcast - Madden NFL 15 Developer Interview

It’s E3 week! The 87th edition of the Press Row Podcast is a compilation of two interviews with key development members of the Madden NFL 15 team featuring all sorts of details that will be unveiled at E3 2014. The first part of the show focuses on gameplay, as host Rich Grisham (@richgrisham) dives into the topic with Gameplay Creative Director Rex Dickson. Up next is Presentation, and new member of the Madden team Brian Murray joins Rich to walk through what’s on tap this season. This is the only place you’ll get the opportunity to hear not only what the new features are this year, but why they exist and the process that went into making them happen.

Send us your feedback! We love to hear from you and can’t wait to read your stuff on the air in a future episode. Do it one of these ways:

1) Follow the show on Twitter at @PressRowPodcast and send us some Tweets while you’re there
2) Email the show at [email protected]
3) Respond to this post

Also, the Press Row Podcast is now available on iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...ow/id563624090) and Stitcher Radio (http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/oper...ss-row-podcast), so subscribe to it and rate it too!

Enjoy the show!

Run Time: 1 Hour, 35 Minutes

If you can't view or listen to the embedded player below, please click here.

Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2014, 11:03 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Press Row Podcast - Madden NFL 15 Developer Interview

Very good points made in this. Improvements are actually more impressive than I thought
Old 06-09-2014, 11:19 PM   #3
MVP

drlw322's Arena

OVR: 24
Great interview looking forward to the future
Old 06-09-2014, 11:41 PM   #4
Rookie

totalpoop's Arena

OVR: 0

Can you please ask the developers at Madden what possibly made them take out defensive and offensive coordinators from the franchise mode.

Actually while you're at it, can you just ask them why they completely overhauled a fine system they had back in 2004 as an owner of any team.

While I did enjoy some of the added features from last year, like the ability to relocate and rename many teams there was a lot left on the table that could've easily made Madden have so much more re-playability.

In short: Why should I pay 60 dollars for the same crappy franchise mode as last year?
Old 06-09-2014, 11:46 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 8

the show is over. this is a posting of it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2014, 05:50 AM   #6
Banned

Mike Lowery's Arena

Like what I heard, wish he wold have asked about wr/db interactions, seems like its not going to be in this year again. But everything else sounds great, cant wait to see how it looks on the field. .
Old 06-10-2014, 07:21 AM   #7
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Yeah. Pretty positive interview. I hate to optimistic about madden, actually, but it sounds like they made some needed corrections. As per usual, u can't know how well things have changed until u play the game. For pass defense and tackling, maybe they approved how the players play, but they still take bad pursuit angles. Or, the pass accuracy, I really want to see this implemented correctly and don't understand why they have never been able to do this. The whole 'tethered' feel of passing that's been in madden for years was always a design flaw. The QB needs to do what he does, then the ball needs to do what it does, then the WR/DB need to do what they do. I know programming isn't that simple, but that's the basic design I would envision. It's always felt that madden's design was QB is throwing the ball, WR/DB have x/y ratings, the throw should be on the money, and the WR should catch, and the ball is released with perfect trajectory and caught. So, for me, I definitely liked what I heard, and I love the fact that he mentions, '3 years ago, madden didn't even have a gameplay director.' No kidding? I hadn't noticed (sarcasm)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-10-2014, 07:30 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 4

Rex makes me a believer. When I listen to him I get a warm and fuzzy feeling. I was also sipping the same Madden 25 Kool aid last year and it was a dud. But this does feel different. I love that Rex has a 5 year plan. I love that he believes their job is to make authentic football and then teach people hope to play it. I love that Rex is on a mission to remove money plays and they are working to make sure the game is balanced and based on ratings. I'm not all in on Rex just yet (I think this is a pivotal year for his crew) but am I at the table.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »