Home

Tradition Sports Hands On Impressions of Gameplay & Presentation

This is a discussion on Tradition Sports Hands On Impressions of Gameplay & Presentation within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2014, 12:55 PM   #41
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Tradition Sports Hands On Impressions of Gameplay & Presentation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre8
The only thing I would like to see improved during this part of the game is being able to understand exactly which way the wind is blowing based on which end-zone I want to defend.

Basically, it would be nice to know if I want to take the wind in the 4th quarter, etc.

(I would really like to see wind gusts and the wind change through games, but that is neither here nor there.)
I'm interested in how this plays out too. I would assume the game would simply give the team who lost the toss the wind at its back in the second and fourth quarters (assuming end-to-end wind; IIRC the wind in Madden never changes direction but it does change in velocity), that'd strike me as the most intelligent choice. I agree that having visual clarity to this end is a legitimate concern with the new design, however.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2014, 12:57 PM   #42
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Is taking out the coin toss really a big deal? With the exception of the conference championship and Super Bowl, it's almost never shown on television in any noteworthy shot.

Making the coin toss automatic and having the user's coin toss win choice determined in a pre-game setting streamlines the process of actually getting into playing a football game.

It's an interesting design decision, and one can argue the merits of actually seeing the coin toss play out, but to call the series "a joke" for removing something as trivial as the coin toss strikes me as just a tad extreme.
It's the combination of removing the coin toss to speed the game up while adding real commercials that makes it a joke.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:59 PM   #43
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
It's the combination of removing the coin toss to speed the game up while adding real commercials that makes it a joke.
Isn't adding commercials increasing the immersion of the experience, though? The real NFL has commercials. Also, wasn't NBA 2K lauded for adding commercials in the quarter breaks two years ago? Not calling out you specifically, but isn't praising NBA 2K and criticizing Madden for the exact same feature inclusion logically inconsistent?
Old 06-10-2014, 01:01 PM   #44
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Isn't adding commercials increasing the immersion of the experience, though? The real NFL has commercials. Also, wasn't NBA 2K lauded for adding commercials in the quarter breaks two years ago? Not calling out you specifically, but isn't praising NBA 2K and criticizing Madden for the exact same feature inclusion logically inconsistent?
The only thing I can say about that is NBA 2k's commercials are for upcoming games in the season or franchise mode. This doesn't seem to be the case with Madden. I don't have a problem with it, I love immersion being added. One just comes off a little immersive, as it pertains the sport or season you're actually playing.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-10-2014, 01:09 PM   #45
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
I asked this a couple of posts back. I own nba2k 12 and never saw a commercial in the game. Not for a product anyways.

Also, it adds nothing for me. I dvr shows and watch them later so I won't have to watch commercials. And again, with nba2k, the additional revenue doesn't buy exclusivity. If madden wants to increase revenue, I happen to know a great place to start.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2014, 01:11 PM   #46

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre8
The only thing I would like to see improved during this part of the game is being able to understand exactly which way the wind is blowing based on which end-zone I want to defend.

Basically, it would be nice to know if I want to take the wind in the 4th quarter, etc.

(I would really like to see wind gusts and the wind change through games, but that is neither here nor there.)

That isn't even how it's done in the NFL though. 4th quarter wind direction is decided at the start of the second half, not at the opening kickoff.

Until Madden can accurately give us all the decisions we should have and then reconvene before the second half there is no need to worry about the pointless coin toss being removed.
Old 06-10-2014, 01:21 PM   #47
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

As someone who stated they wanted some sort of real delay after making an audible to emulate the way they are really done. I am very pleased to read about that change.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 06-10-2014, 01:39 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 8

Man I could have sworn someone in another thread posted that they got an answer on twitter that true step has not been worked on at all this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »