Home

Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Hands-On Impressions (GoodGameBro)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Hands-On Impressions (GoodGameBro) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2014, 02:25 PM   #25
Rookie

thesubmittedone's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Hands-On Impressions (GoodGameBro)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Official_Mole
First off, its "QA" not "Q&A." But to answer your question, due to the fact that QBs would throw the ball right in the numbers of your WRs, TEs, RBs, etc when accurate it only triggered so many catch animations. By allowing the QB to throw the ball to your intended receiver in various spots surrounding his body, it opens up more catch animations.
His point remains. How is it possible that a multi-million dollar making franchise with a fairly large development team can add "100s of animations" years ago, yet allow something like QB accuracy affect triggering them?

I mean, the fact that they spent man hours, of which they're getting paid a substantial amount, adding these animations and having them essentially NEVER show up in the game because of something so basic (like QB accuracy ratings actually doing what they're supposed to) tells me there is something completely wrong with their business model.

Never mind that QB accuracy ratings have been broken for years (which is utterly ridiculous for a football game). But I just can't believe the team is that stupid to where they'd spend so much energy and resources on adding animations that will never be "triggered" because something so basic is broken in the first place. It's mind-boggling.

How DID that get by them? Weren't they excited to see the new animations they put in triggered and didn't they wonder why they kept seeing the same 10 animations over and over? Incredible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2014, 02:26 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 2
Does anyone know if they got rid of the rubber banding with the CB where you run a post and you see the CB is beat, but the minute you launch the ball he catches up with super speed?
Old 06-10-2014, 02:27 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Honestly I can't answer that because I don't know why. I've only been a part of the QA Team since February and before that I was in the EA SPORTS Game Changers. All I can tell you is that the Pass Inaccuracy will open up more catching animations.

That's fine and all... And I'm not speaking for anyone else. But you need to chill with sarcasm and being a grammar nazi when you have nothing to offer but "because EA told me so".

**stealth edit** OOOH, you're part of the QA team... No wonder you got butt-hurt about me calling it the Q&A team. Gotcha... Either way, your former colleagues and/or their employer don't know how to do their jobs.

Last edited by chris luva luva; 06-10-2014 at 02:30 PM.
Old 06-10-2014, 02:28 PM   #28
Madden Gameplay QA

Official_Mole's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesubmittedone
His point remains. How is it possible that a multi-million dollar making franchise with a fairly large development team can add "100s of animations" years ago, yet allow something like QB accuracy affect triggering them?

I mean, the fact that they spent man hours, of which they're getting paid a substantial amount, adding these animations and having them essentially NEVER show up in the game because of something so basic (like QB accuracy ratings actually doing what they're supposed to) tells me there is something completely wrong with their business model.

Never mind that QB accuracy ratings have been broken for years (which is utterly ridiculous for a football game). But I just can't believe the team is that stupid to where they'd spend so much energy and resources on adding animations that will never be "triggered" because something so basic is broken in the first place. It's mind-boggling.

How DID that get by them? Weren't they excited to see the new animations they put in triggered and didn't they wonder why they kept seeing the same 10 animations over and over? Incredible.

I 100% understand the Community's thoughts on this and I too was someone who pushed the feedback that we need more of these catch animations to happen. I can't speak for the entire company, but what I can tell you is that the passing changes made for Madden 15 have opened a wider variety of catch animations that make the game fresh.

QA Central Gameplay-Madden NFL

Old 06-10-2014, 02:30 PM   #29
Madden Gameplay QA

Official_Mole's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris luva luva
That's fine and all... And I'm not speaking for anyone else. But you need to chill with sarcasm and being a grammar nazi when you have nothing to offer but "because EA told me so".

Never going to give you sarcasm. Its all about the integrity of the post. I have made very clear through twitter and other social media sites that anything I post is my opinion, or information that can help the Community further understand the vision of Madden NFL.

I apologize if I offended you in any way.

QA Central Gameplay-Madden NFL

Old 06-10-2014, 02:34 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Honestly I can't answer that because I don't know why. I've only been a part of the QA Team since February and before that I was in the EA SPORTS Game Changers. All I can tell you is that the Pass Inaccuracy will open up more catching animations.
So in other words they didn't add any "new" catch animations, the hidden ones that didn't play out before will finally show. Gotcha....When are we going to get more of a variety in the way receivers catch the ball? Specifically body catches (see Michael Irvin)? This is long overdue. Is this even discussed by the dev team?
Old 06-10-2014, 02:35 PM   #31
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris luva luva

**stealth edit** OOOH, you're part of the QA team... No wonder you got butt-hurt about me calling it the Q&A team. Gotcha... Either way, your former colleagues and/or their employer don't know how to do their jobs.

Whoa, Ludacris. where'd he get sarcastic?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2014, 02:37 PM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Never going to give you sarcasm. Its all about the integrity of the post. I have made very clear through twitter and other social media sites that anything I post is my opinion, or information that can help the Community further understand the vision of Madden NFL.

I apologize if I offended you in any way.
And I apologize for overreacting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C the Lyte
Whoa, Ludacris. where'd he get sarcastic?
I took offense to being corrected on the misuage of term QA but ignoring the overall sentiment of my post, which was correct. I do NOT mind being corrected, as I took his advice moving forward. But to just correct me, but ignore the valid discussion of the game. It didn't sit well with me. But he apologized and so did I.

Last edited by chris luva luva; 06-10-2014 at 02:40 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »