Home

Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Hands-On Impressions (GoodGameBro)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Hands-On Impressions (GoodGameBro) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2014, 06:42 PM   #57
Madden Gameplay QA

Official_Mole's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Hands-On Impressions (GoodGameBro)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
Mole, here is a question that shouldn't be under the NDA...

One of the WORST things in Madden is the synchronized animations and movement. In other words, you will see 2, 3, sometimes even more players doing the exact same movement at the exact same time. "Terrible" is not a big enough word to describe how bad this makes the game look and feel.

For example, you will often see a receiver and DB both go into the exact same catching animation at the same time. Or 3 linebackers running for the ball carrier with the exact same stride, all stopping at the exact same time with the exact same movements. For some reason, this has stayed in the game for about 7 years and I don't know how they can't notice it. It's been discussed beyond all recognition by the youtube and social media madden community as well. Will this finally be removed from the game and give the user the perception that the players are not just mindless drones operating in a scripted environment?

This is actually under NDA. I will answer as soon as I can.

QA Central Gameplay-Madden NFL

Old 06-10-2014, 06:48 PM   #58
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
I hear you. Knowing EA they might screw it up but I rather have it too hard than too easy.
Definitely.

Same goes for when I see people worrying about defense being overpowered. I think I would definitely prefer it being way too hard to score than it being too easy. Just like I wouldn't want to play a baseball game where I bat .400 as a team.
Old 06-10-2014, 06:56 PM   #59
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Definitely.

Same goes for when I see people worrying about defense being overpowered. I think I would definitely prefer it being way too hard to score than it being too easy. Just like I wouldn't want to play a baseball game where I bat .400 as a team.
Yeah, I saw a post last night right after the man/zone coverage enhancements were announced that was something like "I really hope they didn't make it impossible to score" or something like that.

Please make it too hard. Please. Too hard is MUCH better than too easy. I would much rather adjust the game to make it easier than have to max out sliders to give the CPU a chance. Scoring a touchdown in the NFL is a big deal.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-10-2014, 06:56 PM   #60
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Definitely.

One of hte most ridiculous things about Madden is that in 20 minute games we score 2-3 times more than the best NFL offenses do in 60 minute games, on default settings. I was able to change the sliders on M25 enough to get realistic scores with full 15 min acc clock but Madden out of the box is far from a realistic representation of the NFL.

Imagine if in NBA 2k you could get to 100 points (assuming thats the NBA average) regularly on 5 minute quarters.
Old 06-10-2014, 06:59 PM   #61
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Yeah, I saw a post last night right after the man/zone coverage enhancements were announced that was something like "I really hope they didn't make it impossible to score" or something like that.

Please make it too hard. Please. Too hard is MUCH better than too easy. I would much rather adjust the game to make it easier than have to max out sliders to give the CPU a chance. Scoring a touchdown in the NFL is a big deal.
It makes me if people who say that are more Madden fans than football fans, if that makes sense. If you watch and love the NFL how can you not see that a lot of times it is nearly impossible to score. Teams get 10+ drives and if they can score a TD on 4 of them thats a great game. I think if we only scored on 25% of our drives in Madden people wouldn't know how to react lol

Some guy who got really good at coffin corner punting is doing the birdman hands right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2014, 07:09 PM   #62
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
It makes me if people who say that are more Madden fans than football fans, if that makes sense. If you watch and love the NFL how can you not see that a lot of times it is nearly impossible to score. Teams get 10+ drives and if they can score a TD on 4 of them thats a great game. I think if we only scored on 25% of our drives in Madden people wouldn't know how to react lol

Some guy who got really good at coffin corner punting is doing the birdman hands right now.
I remember when 25 came out and ppl were expressing sentiments like yours and "Madden" fans were pointing to the Broncos thrashing of the Ravens as proof that Madden was realistic!

NFL has swung in favor of the offense the last few years. The game just needs to give you some tools at your disposal to play good defense while also taking away the madden money plays. Sounds like they had the money plays in mind while developing this game when you read about taking away overpowered runs and the secondary reacting quicker.

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat
Old 06-10-2014, 08:47 PM   #63
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

I liked the preview but I ask this question with no intent of causing an issue, or discrediting the source and mainly because I have not been keeping up with the Madden community.

Is the author of this article the same Corey that used to be here as a game changer?
Old 06-10-2014, 08:57 PM   #64
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
I liked the preview but I ask this question with no intent of causing an issue, or discrediting the source and mainly because I have not been keeping up with the Madden community.

Is the author of this article the same Corey that used to be here as a game changer?
Yes.

10 Char.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »