Home

Madden NFL 15: Hands-On Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: Hands-On Impressions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2014, 03:16 PM   #49
Rookie

Jerred26's Arena

OVR: 0
Great to hear more about Madden 15.
Could you try to get to Connected Franchise Mode? I'm really curious if anything is new on it.
Old 06-11-2014, 03:54 PM   #50
Rookie

Re: Madden NFL 15: Hands-On Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MossMan84
To me this hands on impressions sounds like the game wasnt like whoa? I was wondering if the game still had the precision modifier for running the ball? Im not really a fan of it so if anyone knows?
They've talked about how they aren't going to remove features any more without giving them a real chance to become accepted & get fully developed, so I'd be shocked if it was gone.
Old 06-11-2014, 04:02 PM   #51
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookjn
Interceptions are nerfed down in real life. Just take a look at this Football Outsiders article:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/sta...rceptions-2012

Andrew Luck had 18 interceptions in 2012. He should have had 14 more, but they were dropped.
Good point and it doesn't really differ from what I'm trying to get at, that whether an INT occurs or not should play out as organically as possible in-game, not just be a scripted or preprogrammed outcome to prevent inflated stats. I don't expect or want defenders in-game to all have supped up catch ratings and I'm fine with dropped INTs with a reasonable corresponding animation as to why it was dropped.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2014, 04:14 PM   #52
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27
I thought I read from the Q&A with the game developer in which he stated there was WR/DB interaction? I could have sworn I read that from one of the questions. I would have to go back & see though. If not, this is ridiculous. This should be a given for this game by now. It's been asked to be added for years now. How hard can this be? Make the darn game like the NFL! Geez!

Dropped DB passes & no WR/DB interaction are two areas of gameplay that need to be addressed. Oh! It's OK! We have next year to wait & see if these get added. I can't believe some of this stuff that continues with this game. Do they even get any NFL player opinions on what to add to the game? Do they take the game cover guys at all & ask them for their input?

If they did we would see a much better game. Get some NFL players in the darn studio when making the game & let them help make this game. We would all be complaining less & love the game. I still like this game but they need to make big improvements.
Old 06-11-2014, 04:20 PM   #53
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
Get some NFL players in the darn studio when making the game & let them help make this game.
Rex Dickson has name-dropped at least three active NFL players who were consulted when designing various features of this year's game, including Panthers' quarterback Cam Newton and Steelers' linebacker Stevenson Sylvester. (I think the third was Steelers' CB Cortez Allen, not 100% sure though).

tl;dr - they are already doing this.
Old 06-11-2014, 04:44 PM   #54
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
I thought I read from the Q&A with the game developer in which he stated there was WR/DB interaction? I could have sworn I read that from one of the questions. I would have to go back & see though. If not, this is ridiculous. This should be a given for this game by now. It's been asked to be added for years now. How hard can this be? Make the darn game like the NFL! Geez!

Dropped DB passes & no WR/DB interaction are two areas of gameplay that need to be addressed. Oh! It's OK! We have next year to wait & see if these get added. I can't believe some of this stuff that continues with this game. Do they even get any NFL player opinions on what to add to the game? Do they take the game cover guys at all & ask them for their input?

If they did we would see a much better game. Get some NFL players in the darn studio when making the game & let them help make this game. We would all be complaining less & love the game. I still like this game but they need to make big improvements.
Definitely feel your frustration but they seem to have chosen to address certain issues as in-depth as possible versus a less in-depth, sweeping approach. FYI, there is a write up stating that even though there doesn't seem to be an overhaul of WR/DB interaction that's sorely needed, the WR/DB fighting for the football/pass has improved.

"...In Madden 15, WRs and DBs will make efforts to catch balls that are close. This parlays into some interesting animations for jump balls and diving catches where the DB will simultaneously make a play on the ball even if the play results in a catch from the WR. Compounded with additional adjustments to the catch windows and DB swat, the passing game is definitely more polished than it has ever been and a far cry from last year's frustrating stencil and stamp results...." http://traditionsportsonline.com/thr...-means.111074/
Old 06-11-2014, 08:26 PM   #55
Banned

Question: When playing on defense can you play with the traditional camera views? Dont tell me you are stuck playing D facing the offense?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2014, 11:40 PM   #56
MVP

OVR: 19
are penalties improved, especially pass interference?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »