Home

Madden NFL 15: Gameplay Video

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: Gameplay Video within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2014, 01:19 PM   #25
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden NFL 15: Gameplay Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
Don't mean to belabor the point, but what exactly are they thinking with these animations. I have to watch it again to get the actual time, but there is a part where there is a screen pass and the runner makes a change in direction and instead of an animation where weight is redistributed, the runner just goes at, basically, a 45 degree angle to the ground and stays pretty much straight... Who signs off on this?

Uwotm8?!
Play starts at :38. 2nd thing I noticed. Animations kill this game.

I will say the graphics look like the Kaep screen in this vid. 1st thing I noticed.

But the animations... even if I could get past the lack of football AI, the animations ruin this game for me. Casual, hardcore, sim, tournament, freestyle... I can't think of a gamer-type that wouldn't appreciate realistic animations.

Here's to hoping new animations are turned off like they did with the physics last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2014, 01:20 PM   #26
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

The graphics look good and I'm excited to see more. Skipped 25 so I will probably be picking this up.
Old 06-11-2014, 01:23 PM   #27
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericasTeam
I really don't want to give Sim any views since his view grabbing 2K tactic, but I've clicked this link in 2 different threads now thinking it was new. What a bummer.
Not to go off topic, but I honestly believe sim didn't do that for views man. He even addressed it in his Madden impressions. The fact that Rex is calling out 2k now proves something is going on.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-11-2014, 01:26 PM   #28
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerk
The player model and graphics are looking like the kap picture. I'm feeling it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I will say the graphics look like the Kaep screen in this vid. 1st thing I noticed.
Exactly. I've been saying this since the first trailer, but people were too dismissive and pessimistic to think it was actually the case. Yes, that Kaep picture is legitimately from gameplay.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 06-11-2014, 01:27 PM   #29
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Exactly. I've been saying this since the first trailer, but people were too dismissive and pessimistic to think it was actually the case. Yes, that Kaep picture is legitimately from gameplay.
At this point I think anyone who denies the obvious upgrades to the graphics/player models is just trolling. The game, without a doubt, even without a true HD video to go offf yet, clearly LOOKS much improved.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-11-2014, 01:33 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 0

That pull down from behind/side tackle is killing me. Once a game I can see, but it happens constantly.

Another thing is the RTP tackle pileups. The play just extends for a long period because the ballcarrier is laying on top of someone under the pile and it won't call down. That's so weird. I figured that would've been fixed by now, but 3 years and a console generation later, still there.

It's really hard to convince people that something is moving forward when so many old things are still there and highly visible.
Old 06-11-2014, 01:33 PM   #31
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

The graphics look better, but it doesn't look like the Kap screen to me, which was close to photorealistic.

Stills look better than a game does in motion, granted, and the time of day is not the same, hence different lighting, but there was never a moment where I got a feeling of photorealism from any video. I'm sorry.

As for the lighting issue, Madden has to be the only other game, aside from Watch Dogs, where it looks like a totally different game, in terms of quality, depending on the time of day. That is an indication that those two teams don't do lighting very well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2014, 01:38 PM   #32
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
The graphics look better, but it doesn't look like the Kap screen to me, which was close to photorealistic.

Stills look better than a game does in motion, granted, and the time of day is not the same, hence different lighting, but there was never a moment where I got a feeling of photorealism from any video. I'm sorry.

As for the lighting issue, Madden has to be the only other game, aside from Watch Dogs, where it looks like a totally different game, in terms of quality, depending on the time of day. That is an indication that those two teams don't do lighting very well.
You're comparing a high res screen shot with off camera compressed video streams though..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »