Home

Madden NFL 15 Video - Seattle Seahawks vs. San Francisco 49ers

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Video - Seattle Seahawks vs. San Francisco 49ers within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2014, 09:43 PM   #65
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video - Seattle Seahawks vs. San Francisco 49ers

Man I don't know if I can do this anymore. After hearing the interview on Press Row Podcast from Rex I was really looking forward to seeing some gameplay videos that would give me something to be really excited about.

But, now that we find out true step only works for user controlled players, d-line steering o-line only happens with user controlled players, virtually no gang tackles etc. etc. I just can't get excited about this. I have a good group of guys that I play in an online CFM with and am really excited to play with them again and now on a next-gen system but I'm not terribly excited to actually play Madden. I just feel obligated to buy the game for my league and I'm not able to make a consciously moral decision with my economic vote so to speak.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2014, 10:10 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCFClemson
The good player models and colors looke great IMO. The celebrations also looked awesome.

The bad... Tackling and animations. This is an alpha though so hopefully these things can be fixed before release.
Young man, if I had a nickel...
Old 06-12-2014, 10:28 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 13

It's Madden. I wasn't expecting a new engine, completely overhauled animations or totally different gameplay. It is what it is. That being said.... I LOVED what I saw. I loved the presentation, I loved the play calling analysis on screen, I loved the pre snap options, new cameras and improved animations. I'm in.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:59 PM   #68
MVP

OVR: 22

We gotta remember we are looking at a compressed nasty YT video that is running at 30fps. I heard in person its MUCH smoother in motion from my friends that played the demo at E3. They said the YT videos do the game a injustice.
Old 06-13-2014, 12:06 AM   #69
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
Man I don't know if I can do this anymore. After hearing the interview on Press Row Podcast from Rex I was really looking forward to seeing some gameplay videos that would give me something to be really excited about.

But, now that we find out true step only works for user controlled players, d-line steering o-line only happens with user controlled players, virtually no gang tackles etc. etc. I just can't get excited about this. I have a good group of guys that I play in an online CFM with and am really excited to play with them again and now on a next-gen system but I'm not terribly excited to actually play Madden. I just feel obligated to buy the game for my league and I'm not able to make a consciously moral decision with my economic vote so to speak.
Is there a confirmation from somewhere/someone that true step only works from user controlled players?

Here's an answer from Clint Oldenburg:

not all 22, but more than just the BC. Working on CPU AI for certain positions using it, like OL.

Next answer he said the future, not in Madden 15.

I'm getting real tired of all this information being thrown around from every corner of the internet and social media.

Not directed at you mmorg, but overall, in general.

Many sources.lol
Old 06-13-2014, 12:27 AM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 0
The reality is this... As long as they are still making a last gen madden also which is where the real money is at, we will NEVER see a true Next Gen Football game from EA....Most Next gen games(i.e nka 2k14, the show) used up almost all the space on the disc....My point being that madden 25 on next gen only used like 16GB of the available ~45GB space(look at the back of boxes for your games)...Also, I hope this whole gimmick tackling cone is not the cause for no gang tackling...Think about, if there was true gang tackling, it would be like 2-4 guys super close with tackling cones on them...Damn, I think im sad now!!!
Old 06-13-2014, 12:37 AM   #71
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
We gotta remember we are looking at a compressed nasty YT video that is running at 30fps. I heard in person its MUCH smoother in motion from my friends that played the demo at E3. They said the YT videos do the game a injustice.
I admit that there is a difference between watching YouTube vids of the game versus playing it live at home on your own TV which is something that became most evident with M25 for PS4/XB1 for many people. But the thing is, even from those vids, pretty much everyone agrees that the graphics are great, and they are. What keeps coming up is that so many familiar bad animations are still in the game, and they are according to the video.

Some columnists have written about some tuning down of compression making the animations smoother. It's hard to get the impact of that through online videos. Tuning down compression is a very good thing if you can do it without causing other issues. But a less compressed bad animation is still a bad animation but with a shinier coat.

Last edited by FaceMask; 06-13-2014 at 12:39 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2014, 01:21 AM   #72
Formerly simon48xbox

The_Balm's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm not liking the way EA it going after next gen at all. They aren't fixing legacy issues close to fast enough for me to believe band-aids are the way to go (I never really have, but I wanted to see what this team could do with the new gen). This game needs a total from the ground up rebuild so bad.

This is not to say they haven't made good improvements, but this foundation is crumbling. The animations look so, so bad, the gliding is awful (even when running in a straight line). It really is a shame to let down some really nice graphics when the players move.

I feel like all of the good work they have done will be a waste when the foundation completely implodes and they're forced to rebuild and it's gotten so bad I'm now hoping it does.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »