Home

Was/has there been any franchise info released?

This is a discussion on Was/has there been any franchise info released? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
How SDS Can Improve the 'Full Minors' Feature for MLB The Show 21
Top 10 Shootout Players to Fear in NHL 21
Skatebird Preview - Updated Hands-On With New Rooftop Level
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 03:18 AM   #73
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Was/has there been any franchise info released?

Plenty of reasons (or excuses for the contentious), you just described a ton of work as if it was something they could do in a weekend, not to mention some of the things like player suspensions that they probably aren't even allowed to incorporate.

You can bet they want to get a lot of that stuff (well maybe not the veto thing) built into CFM, the mode is just a couple of years old.
Old 06-17-2014, 03:41 AM   #74
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
Do you guys think EA will surprise us with some stuff they have added for CFM this year? I'm hoping that they have something good coming and they just didn't want to tell everyone just yet. I know I will probably be let down though.
I'm sure something will be new, but not big enough to separate it from last year.
Old 06-17-2014, 07:49 PM   #75
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
We'll be moving on now.
Your reason for deleting that post had me rolling. "I'm Flattered really".

But back to the topic, I wouldn't mind if Madden would go back to it'sold roots with progression. The earlier maddens on the PS2/ Xbox handled progression nicely.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2014, 11:05 AM   #76
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

I'd like to see Madden re-add the "position importance" sliders from the late PS2/Xbox days. I'm not sure if these were ever re-added into CFM (if they were, I've missed it).

For example, if the positional importance at TE was at its highest, you'd receive better simulation stats for that position. It helped you create your own systems and schemes, which is what this mode should be all about (at least if you're playing as coach or owner).

Unless I'm doing something wrong in the menus, my 85+ rated TE only receives 250-300 yards and 2TD's a season on average while simulating, and I feel he should be a bigger part of the offensive gameplan when I choose to simulate.

TLDR: When I'm not actually going in and playing every game, it seems certain positions don't get any attention. IMO this should change for user teams.
Old 06-18-2014, 11:16 AM   #77
MVP

og236's Arena

OVR: 0

Remember that radio broadcast during franchise mode? I miss that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-18-2014, 12:48 PM   #78
MVP

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

I'm still a bit nervously excited for the CFM info. I don't know what to expect. I hope they fixed the UI to make it quicker and cleaner. Still worried about the stuff they added having zero appeal to me though.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:14 PM   #79
All Star

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I'm still a bit nervously excited for the CFM info. I don't know what to expect. I hope they fixed the UI to make it quicker and cleaner. Still worried about the stuff they added having zero appeal to me though.
I am just nervous lol. When asked about CFM improvements the answer given was that practice received the biggest improvement. I hope that was EA bluffing.
Old 06-18-2014, 08:15 PM   #80
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I am just nervous lol. When asked about CFM improvements the answer given was that practice received the biggest improvement. I hope that was EA bluffing.
Why would they? They love everything about CFM. They love those storylines they feed us, and those fake twitter accounts with repetitive tweets. Why change that? Lets just take out the practice scenarios, which was stupid in the first place, upgrade that, and everything else will be grand.

Remember when we asked the public to design their own uniforms, instead of just giving them something like TeamBuilder, we received alot of designs and I'm sure the gamers are going to love seeing their designed uniforms in the game when they want to relocate their teams. The gamers don't want OTA's and minicamps, they don't even show those on TV. Besides, the players are just working to get into shape, we have a stamina rating for that.

Free Agency worked fine, just throw your bid onto that player and wait. That's real football. No need to change anything about the offseason, especially in Online CFM's, all they want to do is play the game and make trades. We could probably touch progression, but that means gamers can't progress what they want specifically about a certain player, so we'll talk about this further in our meetings, but in my opinion it works fine. All people have to do is play 4 practices and they can boost one player up by 6 overall points, and if we slow down progression, it wouldn't be fun for the community.

We can probably add more twitter accounts that way tweets don't become repetitive, and it would be about 4-5 seasons before they see the same tweet. The new guys will probably love that we added Stephen A. Smith and Deion Sanders. We need more big names! People the gamers recognize. Owner Mode is maybe good for another 2 seasons before people get tired of having to worry about ticket prices, remember the last time we had it in Madden, we took it out after one year, so lets give it two more and see what happens.

All in all, if its not broke, don't fix it. And besides, this would give us another year before we have to 'revamp' it a little. So lets fix practice in CFM because I think it ran good enough last year so no need to touch anything. We have to figure out the constant weekly ratings for Ultimate Team. Johnny Manziel just got drafted people... We should start off with a '12 Johnny Football v. Alabama Gold Card to get the people hyped!!! They'll love that.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »