Home

Was/has there been any franchise info released?

This is a discussion on Was/has there been any franchise info released? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
How SDS Can Improve the 'Full Minors' Feature for MLB The Show 21
Top 10 Shootout Players to Fear in NHL 21
Skatebird Preview - Updated Hands-On With New Rooftop Level
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 01:25 PM   #89
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Was/has there been any franchise info released?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
I don't think they really need story lines for players who are going into the draft. When I play my CFM I've never looked at them.
and why would we? After the draft they're just another random player. They're aren't mentioned again unless they win an award or are cut. They don't have commentary lines, no personalities, no way to feel a connection to that player. At least have commentary mention the storyline players by name.
Old 06-19-2014, 01:29 PM   #90
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
It sounds strange putting it this way as someone who rarely even scouts but I like the noise of storylines. Rather than meaningless fluff they're stories that are actually affecting draft stocks, good/bad players going higher or lower based on some set of circumstances.

I don't see why some think that should be removed. A guy who breaks his leg should be a risk, but not always bust, and not always be a superstar. GM/Owner personalities should then dictate if they're risk averse vs team needs, etc and dynamically affect where that player is taken. I like the flavor, even if it's an illusion. Removing storylines just makes CFM seem even more sterile than some have already complained about even with the tweets, recaps and storylines filling the feeds. Fixes? Absolutely.
They're kinda cool for the draft, but it would be really great if the storyline kept going throughout a player's career. That's my main gripe.. once the draft is over, you never hear the storylines mentioned again.

Watch me play video games
Old 06-19-2014, 01:49 PM   #91
Banned

OVR: 0

I'm just sitting here waiting for EA to add a weekly Sportscenter show, highlights from other games during breaks for your game, and announcers that reference past games/accomplishments like UFC 3 on last gen. Oh and homefield advantage should probably mean something in CFM. I think it was done well in NCAA 05 when the screen would shake and it was hard to audible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2014, 02:26 PM   #92
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

How long before we hear more info about Madden since E3 is over with?
Old 06-19-2014, 02:31 PM   #93
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13

One underrated little thing about online that I do hate is that teams with retractable roofs (Colts, Cowboys, Cardinals) don't have the option to play with the roof open. I mean, the stadiums are already built into the game, the stadiums are even built on online user games, so why can't we do this in Online?
Old 06-19-2014, 02:37 PM   #94
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
They're kinda cool for the draft, but it would be really great if the storyline kept going throughout a player's career. That's my main gripe.. once the draft is over, you never hear the storylines mentioned again.
They had the mechanisms to provide this and more in previous iterations. The Tony Bruno show, weapons, etc, those things added personality to each player.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 06-19-2014, 02:54 PM   #95
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
They had the mechanisms to provide this and more in previous iterations. The Tony Bruno show, weapons, etc, those things added personality to each player.
I miss that show.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2014, 05:16 PM   #96
Banned

Baker0120's Arena

OVR: 0

Honestly, and I'm sure many of you will agree with what I'm going to say..... We all know EA.... I guarantee you this year nothing besides practice will be fixed so next year they can say in an E3 interview "We totally fixed CFM and gave the players everything they asked for" ... and that be what they do for next years game... smh. We may get WR/DB jostling, enhanced animations like gang tackling and finally getting rid of the robotic movements (don't hold your breath) and a "overall" aka FIX to CFM's problems/lack of content.

I'm nothing but an offline CFM player and try to make it as real as possible, but I'm also a realist when it comes to knowing now.. not hoping.. KNOWING they won't do what we want or make it as real as the NFL actually is...

hell people have been asking that the stands not be 100% capacity for years now and they have told us the NFL doesn't want that to be seen in the game... so even preseason, or if you play with the Jags (yes bc they suck) The stands must be 100% full and can't show any sort of attendance in the CFM... that's bull**** IMO.

Last edited by Baker0120; 06-19-2014 at 05:21 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »