Home

Was/has there been any franchise info released?

This is a discussion on Was/has there been any franchise info released? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
How SDS Can Improve the 'Full Minors' Feature for MLB The Show 21
Top 10 Shootout Players to Fear in NHL 21
Skatebird Preview - Updated Hands-On With New Rooftop Level
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 11:52 AM   #137
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Was/has there been any franchise info released?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy_kmoney
Whats so big this year that we havent heard a thing bout CFM mode? Hope they added to players award history and added a new injury system.
I don't know man but I'm not expecting much considering how Josh Looman went from HC09 to some of the stuff he did for CCM/CFM. I think it was last year that they added the "Tycoon" mode with financial advisers, which was a huge head scratcher for me. I don't see how you add something like that before fleshing out the player/team management, that's not a simulation priority list.

They have already come out to tout "practice" improvements but I doubt that includes on option for practice injuries and there still may not be practice squads. The latter would be really unforgivable considering we have been told for years the problem with adding practice quads was the console limitations. Also I don't know how many people remembered or even noticed but there was a Team Chemistry system in MUT, albeit very basic but no type of explained team chemistry system in CFM.

I'll stop there until we hear some more news about the mode, it's just seems the last few years the career mode in Madden has been adrift.
Old 06-26-2014, 12:54 PM   #138
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I don't know man but I'm not expecting much considering how Josh Looman went from HC09 to some of the stuff he did for CCM/CFM. I think it was last year that they added the "Tycoon" mode with financial advisers, which was a huge head scratcher for me. I don't see how you add something like that before fleshing out the player/team management, that's not a simulation priority list.

They have already come out to tout "practice" improvements but I doubt that includes on option for practice injuries and there still may not be practice squads. The latter would be really unforgivable considering we have been told for years the problem with adding practice quads was the console limitations. Also I don't know how many people remembered or even noticed but there was a Team Chemistry system in MUT, albeit very basic but no type of explained team chemistry system in CFM.

I'll stop there until we hear some more news about the mode, it's just seems the last few years the career mode in Madden has been adrift.
Madden on psp had a practice squad. I liked Madden 12 rookie system. But instead of unlocking attributes the way we do now. The tangibles should be automatic (speed, strength, etc) we should get a scouting report of guys we scout. No numbers just a general description with strength and weaknesses. Then during the preseason we unlock their actual rAtings. First week we get a letter range so for example this player has a route running grade of b-a. Next week we get a b. Then we get his final number after the third week game is done. Also the ratings need to make sense. No more 70 speed receivers unless we can change their positions to Maybe a te. Then let us change body builds.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:07 PM   #139
Rookie

Danbo80's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
Madden on psp had a practice squad. I liked Madden 12 rookie system. But instead of unlocking attributes the way we do now. The tangibles should be automatic (speed, strength, etc) we should get a scouting report of guys we scout. No numbers just a general description with strength and weaknesses. Then during the preseason we unlock their actual rAtings. First week we get a letter range so for example this player has a route running grade of b-a. Next week we get a b. Then we get his final number after the third week game is done. Also the ratings need to make sense. No more 70 speed receivers unless we can change their positions to Maybe a te. Then let us change body builds.
I like your Idea, but i'd go further. I wouldn't have full ratings revealed for rookies until after a full season, plus another preseason. This would make users commit to a player instead of trading him after you realize he sucks.

Of course getting rid of the terrible xp proggresion system would be a must. Players get better by working hard, and learning and maturing. Not by me earning points for them.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:39 PM   #140
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbo80
I like your Idea, but i'd go further. I wouldn't have full ratings revealed for rookies until after a full season, plus another preseason. This would make users commit to a player instead of trading him after you realize he sucks.

Of course getting rid of the terrible xp proggresion system would be a must. Players get better by working hard, and learning and maturing. Not by me earning points for them.
I like his idea too. And your ideas. But I would take it even a step further and have a scout team and coaching staff actually do what they do in real life. Give coaches and scouts different attributes, player evaluation, teaching, etc. Then have the perceived attributes be more or less accurate depending on your coaching staff and scouts player eval attributes. Scouts more for draft picks and maybe players on other teams, and coaches for current players on your roster. Let's have coaches and scouts do what they really do in real life, instead of having them buy packages with XP points.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:48 PM   #141
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

I would love these as an option for progression/scouting. Leave the XP stuff and precise attributes for those that want it, but give those that want something more realistic an option. The game doesn't have to be so rigid.. there can and should be multiple ways of setting up the game.

Watch me play video games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2014, 01:48 PM   #142
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

I'm probably in the minority but displayed ratings is something I wish Madden would change. Nothing fancy, just a simple option to see actual data, ie 40 times, bench press, etc and stats, like in the real world versus numeric ratings. For me, numeric ratings fall under TMI and create a franchise where the virtual owners/GMs know too much, eliminating some real world human error. I would like an option to hide numeric ratings for my entire league/CFM.

Also, I won't even get started on XP progression, I'll just say I would prefer an option for a different system.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:49 PM   #143
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
I would love these as an option for progression/scouting. Leave the XP stuff and precise attributes for those that want it, but give those that want something more realistic an option. The game doesn't have to be so rigid.. there can and should be multiple ways of setting up the game.
I absolutely agree. Don't tear out what's already there. But add to what is there and add options to what is already there.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:54 PM   #144
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I'm probably in the minority but displayed ratings is something I wish Madden would change. Nothing fancy, just a simple option to see actual data, ie 40 times, bench press, etc and stats, like in the real world versus numeric ratings. For me, numeric ratings fall under TMI and create a franchise where the virtual owners/GMs know too much, eliminating some real world human error. I would like an option to hide numeric ratings for my entire league/CFM.

Also, I won't even get started on XP progression, I'll just say I would prefer an option for a different system.
Big, I wouldn't mind the physical attributes being the kind of measurables you describe. I would also make these pretty darn accurate to the underlying ratings. But I would like to see the more subjective actual attributes be hidden and have the coaches, scouts, GM's perception of those attributes be shown to us. Either in number range form, letter grade, or some other representation. Make the perceived attributes be more or less accurate depending on the coaching staffs, gms scouts player eval ratings.

And I'm with you on the XP stuff.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »