Home

Was/has there been any franchise info released?

This is a discussion on Was/has there been any franchise info released? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
How SDS Can Improve the 'Full Minors' Feature for MLB The Show 21
Top 10 Shootout Players to Fear in NHL 21
Skatebird Preview - Updated Hands-On With New Rooftop Level
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 01:56 PM   #145
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Was/has there been any franchise info released?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I'm probably in the minority but displayed ratings is something I wish Madden would change. Nothing fancy, just a simple option to see actual data, ie 40 times, bench press, etc and stats, like in the real world versus numeric ratings. For me, numeric ratings fall under TMI and create a franchise where the virtual owners/GMs know too much, eliminating some real world human error. I would like an option to hide numeric ratings for my entire league/CFM.

Also, I won't even get started on XP progression, I'll just say I would prefer an option for a different system.
I would like madden to outright not making any ratings public at all. I agree with real stats like 40 times, bench presses, etc is what real scouts look at when evaluating a player. It should be that way as well, i think it is pretty dumb we evaluate players by looking at short medium long passing accuracy rating is 85.

They should reduce the amount or ratings there at the least or not make them public. Just go with descriptions like speed wr, smart receiver, strong arm and let the ratings be behind the scenes.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2014, 02:08 PM   #146
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkp23
I would like madden to outright not making any ratings public at all. I agree with real stats like 40 times, bench presses, etc is what real scouts look at when evaluating a player. It should be that way as well, i think it is pretty dumb we evaluate players by looking at short medium long passing accuracy rating is 85.

They should reduce the amount or ratings there at the least or not make them public. Just go with descriptions like speed wr, smart receiver, strong arm and let the ratings be behind the scenes.
Yeah that's pretty much my POV and I also agree with bucky60 about having team evaluation grades based on their coaching staff. Nothing like we have now but each team grading players based on their available data, stats, system and intangibles versus their true underlying numeric ratings. True numeric ratings should be a part of the coding of the game, not displayed, that's showing the "wires", imo.
Old 06-26-2014, 02:20 PM   #147
Underdog

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I also would be all for adding "fog of war" into franchise mode with respect to displayed player ratings. NBA 2K has this to an extent, masking the number ratings with letter grades in high-level categories such as "inside shooting", "3 point shooting", "perimeter defense", etc.

Making that work with the XP progression system - which A ) most likely isn't going anywhere given how integral it is in the design of CFM and B ) pretty much requires the ratings be visible to be intelligible - would be an interesting design problem. I'm sure it could be done, though.
Old 06-26-2014, 02:38 PM   #148
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Ok Clint said we would be getting info about CFM very soon and that was on the 19th. I'm hoping we don't have to wait that much longer.
Old 06-26-2014, 02:40 PM   #149
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Yeah that's pretty much my POV and I also agree with bucky60 about having team evaluation grades based on their coaching staff. Nothing like we have now but each team grading players based on their available data, stats, system and intangibles versus their true underlying numeric ratings. True numeric ratings should be a part of the coding of the game, not displayed, that's showing the "wires", imo.
What's cool about hiding the ratings and showing "traits" is that just because two players share the same trait, does not mean they have the exact same level of ability. I thought APF did this perfectly and this could certainly be expanded. Also, when it comes to XP - I'm not a huge fan of it, but it can be tweaked to be more realistic. The use of XP is not necessarily complete nonsense. It's how you EARN the XP that is completely stupid. Let's face it, do players in real life really get better by simply performing better? They get better through practice habits and off-season dedication, coaching, opportunities to play, etc. etc. You could tie XP into players' work ethic, natural ability, etc. For example, certain players should have a cap of how good they can get. Bill Bates was never going to be as good as Darren Woodson, no matter how much he played, worked or dedicated himself in the offseason. XP is too easy to gain and it's MOSTLY universal for every player. Randomly, certain players are given the slow, normal or development trait. However, even with slow dev, I can still turn Prince Amukumara into Darrell Revis in a season. After 2 seasons of CFM, everyone has ridiculous corners and linebackers. Offensive lineman are all in the 90s for blocking, QBs like John Skelton are superstars similar to Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. It's silly.

How about taking a look at what guys do in the offseason and build in game models of those things. Allow you to create offseason regimens for your players. Specify focus areas for guys related to their positions and their weaknesses. Have Vick Study more film and work on reading coverages. Have Greg Little spend x amount of hours working on drills to improve his hands. Have your coordinators spend time studying game film. After the offseason, guys can accumulate some XP based on the areas that they worked on, and that xp can be applied to improving their attributes in those areas. This will lessen the extreme mass building of players all around, and be a much more realistic representation of how players actually improve and progress. You can go further and have risk and reward. For example, if you have a guy working hard in the weight room to improve his strength, you can have different levels of intensity or more workouts which can potentially result in more XP, but will increase the risk of an injury. Speaking of injuries, when a guy gets hurt, how about having the option to increase rehab frequency or intensity. Risk is chance for setback, reward is faster recovery and a return to the field.

Nothing I mentioned here is overly complex or invented in any way. It is using the model of the real life NFL that is available to anyone to see. I believe these types of things could be done and they could be done very well.
Old 06-26-2014, 03:35 PM   #150
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

My biggest beef with the current XP progression system is that it doesn't come across as well designed or fleshed out. You can't just toss an XP progression system in to make progression more User interactive, there needs to be some rhyme and reason, risk and reward involved.

The odd thing is that the idea presumably came from RPG based games, yet the current system doesn't mimic some of the elements in the best of those systems. For example, most RPGs with XP systems, have some way of leading each in game character to a destiny or on a path as it were. Some of the best or more realistic ones, imo, like Skyrim and Fallout, actually have the character capable of progressing in areas based on their actual actions. Not to mention in those systems, they have certain teachers, ie coaches, that a character would need to train under to maximize certain skill sets. Without going into great detail, I have absolutely no idea why Looman didn't adopt a similar system for CCM/CFM.

That way at least the system fundamentally makes sense and can be designed to emulate realistically plausible progression paths. Then a User that desires to micromanage progression can do so and those like bucky60 who prefer to macromanage progression through coaching staff hiring and playing time allocation, can both do so, without sacrificing realism.
Old 06-26-2014, 04:29 PM   #151
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
Ok Clint said we would be getting info about CFM very soon and that was on the 19th. I'm hoping we don't have to wait that much longer.
Depends on what "very soon" means to him...could be weeks, lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2014, 08:40 PM   #152
All Star

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

I think it is fair to say that we all want to see editable and creatable draft classes, but if EA does not come through (which is very likely) at the very least they need to quit it with their stupid names thing they seem to be on.

Do they think they are being witty or cute or something? If I see anything like "Sir Economy" again I...I...I will complain on a message board about it!!

Seriously though, knock it off EA. Randomize names if you cannot resist the urge. At this point I would prefer a white guy named Tyrese or something.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »