Home

Was/has there been any franchise info released?

This is a discussion on Was/has there been any franchise info released? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
How SDS Can Improve the 'Full Minors' Feature for MLB The Show 21
Top 10 Shootout Players to Fear in NHL 21
Skatebird Preview - Updated Hands-On With New Rooftop Level
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 05:43 PM   #169
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Was/has there been any franchise info released?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
This is effectively already in the game if you go to the progression screen and hit Y / Triangle on a player; the AI decides how to spend the XP for that player on its own. With this option, the user never has to spend XP on his own and effectively can ignore it.
Only if youre offline. In an online lg it would create a competitive advantage for those who allocate their own xp while the cpu decides to upgrade my d ends kick power. And if youre offline and choose not to use xp that would completely ruin the experience with nobody
improving from yr to yr. The xp system needs to be fixed (or scrapped) and not have the onus put on the consumers to fix it for them.

I tend to agree that taking the players development out of our hands is best. They could keep the XP system but not allow you to purchase specific attributes. Instead you could purchase areas for your player to work on his game and upgrades are randomly selected from that group

Physical upgrade - spd, acc, str, jmp etc
Coverage - zone, man, rxn time, awr
Pass rushing - bsh, pmv, fmv, pursuit, etc

So on and so forth

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat

Last edited by friscob; 06-29-2014 at 05:48 PM.
Old 06-29-2014, 05:48 PM   #170
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

@CMHooe, I will address the posts without quoting them.

In regard to the simulation video game posts, it's not that deep of a term to be venturing into an abstract discussion on having a simulation so ideal no person actually plays it. We are discussing simulation video games, that's not some term I just coined for the sake of this discussion, the genre exists, Madden is classified in it and it's an achievable objective exemplified by a title like The Show.

As far as the current XP system in Madden, my underlying point was that the system allow there to be a reasonably realistic path or logic for how XP is collected and allocated, which it does not. My main point is one of common ground, that I believe there can be an XP progression system that offers "User reward" as you put it and still be reasonably realistic, which the progression system should be in a simulation video game.
Old 06-29-2014, 10:32 PM   #171
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

This day in age, there doesn't need to be one or the other. Both can be implemented.

I'm sure there are millions of people who love the XP system and that they can mold any player precisely how they want. I'm sure there are millions of people who want something more realistic and less exact.

There doesn't need to be only one option.

Watch me play video games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2014, 11:28 PM   #172
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
This day in age, there doesn't need to be one or the other. Both can be implemented.

I'm sure there are millions of people who love the XP system and that they can mold any player precisely how they want. I'm sure there are millions of people who want something more realistic and less exact.

Yes under normal circumstances I would agree but alas this is Madden we are talking about. They don't have a good track record the last decade when it comes to implementing options, it's seemingly all about killing as many birds with one stone as possible. The current "option" for XP progression is to set it to auto and that probably wasn't a given to make the cut when designing it.

We don't have much info on CFM for M15 yet but I'm pretty sure whatever they implemented the only option will be to utilize or not.
Old 06-29-2014, 11:30 PM   #173
Banned

PatsSB2015's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.

Exactly! Even if the simulation group is of a lesser percentage, why lose that percentage? Make a game to fit the needs of both types of gamer. Don't force a group out. Will everyone be happy? Of course not, but it's still the right thing to do. If I want CPU vs. CPU in my CFM mode...give it to me. If I want to edit the ratings myself, let me. For those who want to be challenged and rewarded, let them use the XP system.
Old 06-30-2014, 12:27 AM   #174
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Well, logic tells me that they just implemented XP in Madden 13(two years ago), so, I would be very surprised if they replaced it with something else.

And as Big stated, we usually don't see options with Madden.

I could be wrong on this, too.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:17 AM   #175
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Well, logic tells me that they just implemented XP in Madden 13(two years ago), so, I would be very surprised if they replaced it with something else.

And as Big stated, we usually don't see options with Madden.

I could be wrong on this, too.
Oh, it's definitely not going to happen. This particular development team put their eggs into the RPG basket when it came to progression. I doubt they'll go back on that as long as they're there.

I would just love to see an option for a different progression system. It would be an area that Madden would actually lead when compared to other sports video games, as I don't think any other franchise/career mode offers multiple options for progressions.

Watch me play video games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2014, 01:25 AM   #176
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

OVR: 0

It was seem that a simple on/off switch can do wonders.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »