Home

Was/has there been any franchise info released?

This is a discussion on Was/has there been any franchise info released? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
How SDS Can Improve the 'Full Minors' Feature for MLB The Show 21
Top 10 Shootout Players to Fear in NHL 21
Skatebird Preview - Updated Hands-On With New Rooftop Level
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 10:49 AM   #185
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Was/has there been any franchise info released?

Quote:
Originally Posted by briax87
There is something similar in FIFA career mode. Sometimes, when you buy a great player that plays in a position you already have filled (like buying an attacking midfielder when you already have one), there will be news articles about your current player feeling like his position is under threat. Then you'll get a message from him asking to be played ahead of the new guy.

Some guys will just ask for a transfer right away if someone else comes in.

Then, you have guys with a "team player" trait who will never complain about any of this stuff, and other guys who will act like a complete diva if they're dropped for one game. It's been in since FIFA 12 or 13 IIRC (could be wrong, didn't play much 10/11).

They're small bits, but they add LOADS when a star player demands a transfer out of the blue
This would be so good for Madden. It's kind of what I was thinking while reading through the thread. Particularly a post earlier on about players having good years followed by bad years.

Those traits we had in a recent game where it impacted who they joined in Free Agency should be there again, sort of in a professionalism attribute group (which shouldn't be visible as numeric, I'm sure if EA asked the various online communities could come up with countless text based expressions varying from 'Model-Pro' to 'this player is a right TO'). That could then link to say invisible attribute boosts and drops in gameplay. i.e. a player who is all about the money, could get a boost to his attributes in his last contract year, but as soon as he has signed that contract with his current team, he has a attribute drop as he goes off the boil (i.e. like Mr R. Fitzpatrick in Buffalo). Another example could be that a dedicated team player could play better than his attributes if he's in a team and system that he gels with (i.e. those mid level guys on the depth chart who without being the stars will always give you the hard graft). Or a player who loves to win, their attributes could keep going up (slower than some of the other boosts) if you keep on winning.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2014, 10:58 AM   #186
Underdog

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

On the whole "add options for an automated progression system" point of view, it doesn't make sense to add an option which doesn't fit into the overall design vision of the game, speaking from the perspective of the person making the game. It's a developmental waste of time to add a feature which doesn't fit the vision of the game and adding the feature hurts the total game by confusing and blurring the vision of the product.

Adding options which remove user control from Madden by-and-large fall into this category because Madden is not at all designed to be a game which plays itself. Every major addition over the past couple years has been designed with user control in mind.

To be clear, I'm not arguing to the end of "it's a bad idea to add options" so much as "you most likely will not see Tiburon do this because it does not thematically fit into the product they want to make". Even notwithstanding the thematic-nonfit, the entirety of Connected Franchise is designed around XP from the top down and it infiltrates every aspect of the mode; removing that would basically require a mode redesign which isn't coming, given how much has been invested in the mode thus far.

If that bothers you, there are other football games to try (mostly text simulators on the PC) with automated player progression mechanics.

On the flip side, adding full-on player editing within CFM fits the theme of user control and that would be a good thing to add to the game.
Old 06-30-2014, 11:08 AM   #187
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
On the whole "add options for an automated progression system" point of view, it doesn't make sense
It makes the most sense in a "sports team oriented" video game "franchise mode".

Quote:
On the flip side, adding full-on player editing within CFM fits the theme of user control and that would be a good thing to add to the game.
I thought the games theme, according to the developers themselves, was simulation and realism.
Old 06-30-2014, 11:28 AM   #188
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
It makes the most sense in a "sports team oriented" video game "franchise mode".

I thought the games theme, according to the developers themselves, was simulation and realism.
I wouldn't bother if I were you bucky60, it seems like that devil's advocate thing to me again. I'll admit there is some merit to Tiburon probably won't take it out after all this investment into it but that other stuff about XP progression somehow being the best fit for a sports simulation video game Franchise mode, even though other top sports simulation games currently don't have such a system and Madden didn't until two years ago, I don't put any stock into. Different strokes for different folks though.

Since it's likely not going anywhere, anytime soon, I hope they at least make it more targeted it M15. I think that would require adding some kind of "class" system to players and a development tree, so both auto progression and manual can have some reasonable pathing.
Old 06-30-2014, 11:35 AM   #189
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I wouldn't bother if I were you bucky60, it seems like that devil's advocate thing to me again. I'll admit there is some merit to Tiburon probably won't take it out after all this investment into it but that other stuff about XP progression somehow being the best fit for a sports simulation video game Franchise mode, even though other top sports simulation games currently don't have such a system and Madden didn't until two years ago, I don't put any stock into. Different strokes for different folks though.

Since it's likely not going anywhere, anytime soon, I hope they at least make it more targeted it M15. I think that would require adding some kind of "class" system to players and a development tree, so both auto progression and manual can have some reasonable pathing.
Big, I don't want them to take it out. It's already coded. One of the things that bugs me the most about Tib/EA is the continually removing of features. Keep the XP loop. But have an optional realistic progression system. If EA/Tib would stop removing features and just keep adding, we would have a progression system for everyone by now.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:51 PM   #190
Banned

PatsSB2015's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
On the whole "add options for an automated progression system" point of view, it doesn't make sense to add an option which doesn't fit into the overall design vision of the game, speaking from the perspective of the person making the game. It's a developmental waste of time to add a feature which doesn't fit the vision of the game and adding the feature hurts the total game by confusing and blurring the vision of the product.

Adding options which remove user control from Madden by-and-large fall into this category because Madden is not at all designed to be a game which plays itself. Every major addition over the past couple years has been designed with user control in mind.

To be clear, I'm not arguing to the end of "it's a bad idea to add options" so much as "you most likely will not see Tiburon do this because it does not thematically fit into the product they want to make". Even notwithstanding the thematic-nonfit, the entirety of Connected Franchise is designed around XP from the top down and it infiltrates every aspect of the mode; removing that would basically require a mode redesign which isn't coming, given how much has been invested in the mode thus far.

If that bothers you, there are other football games to try (mostly text simulators on the PC) with automated player progression mechanics.

They had the custom features before, they can do it again. Even games that have features to earn can be unlocked through codes or DLC. It's cool by me that you like it the way it is, but others don't and there's no reason why I have to pick a non-licensed football game or an outdated version to have the features that a lot of us want.

Last edited by PatsSB2015; 06-30-2014 at 01:53 PM.
Old 06-30-2014, 03:14 PM   #191
Banned

OVR: 25

Progression fix?

Make ratings editable in season... Problem solved.

And that's why EA is sad... Easy fixes, but just don't do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2014, 03:27 PM   #192
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
The depth of FIFA's manager mode is what Madden NEEDS.. from the scouting, team management, e-mail/news system, player ratings progression, "form", so many.

Which is why I hold out a little hope for Madden. The ideas and technology is already there and just has to be implemented into Madden.
Wait, I thought this was all bad game design?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »