Home

Was/has there been any franchise info released?

This is a discussion on Was/has there been any franchise info released? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 01:51 PM   #201
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Was/has there been any franchise info released?

I don't mind that player progression they have in Madden, but the fact that they do not have editable rosters in franchise mode is stupid. I am a big boy, I should be able to custom my league how I want. How many times does someone start a franchise that they play almost all season, and a player comes from nowhere. Like last season, I wanted an 80 overall Brian Hoyer to be the Browns QB once I started my franchise, but I couldn't do it.

On top of that too, it would be nice to edit rosters for the sake of draft classes.

People that don't want this because everyone will make their players 99 overall need to realize they are crying about self-control. And the bugs? Does anyone really know what would happen if they allowed us to edit our rosters? No? That is what I thought.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2014, 03:25 PM   #202
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo_A...ature=youtu.be

Starting at about 3:10 of this video, Rex states that there are changes to CFM "mainly" focused on CFM practice. Then he goes into some detail about how practice is now more realistic, being on an actual practice field, with individual workouts. That's cool and all but it's making me think that the focus of CFM for M15 was fleshing out practice, while again neglecting the player management issues, similar to what they did in M25 when opting to add a "Tycoon" mode.

Regardless of all the good sim things the gameplay and presentation guys are claiming, it's starting to seem like those working on CFM are still freelancing. We'll know more when CFM news drops.
Old 07-01-2014, 03:40 PM   #203
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

LOL at myself. I check this site everyday, hoping to see some details on CC. I would just be happy if we got New logos and uniforms for the relocation option. It would be great to see unis that would actually be options in the REAL NFL. The stuff they came out with last year was just a loss for words. Fingers crossed
Old 07-01-2014, 03:48 PM   #204
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Clint said we would be getting CFM info very soon and that was almost two weeks ago. So I'm hoping we get some kind of news this week.
Old 07-01-2014, 04:11 PM   #205
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11
Icon8 Re: Was/has there been any franchise info released?

Nothing yet? Here is to big hopes but even bigger let downs on them getting things done in CCM..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2014, 04:41 PM   #206
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman 18
Making ratings editable during the season would cause a lot more problems than there currently are now. The progression system definitely needs to be changed, but making ratings editable during the season would not solve the problem. What would be the point of that anyway? Then you would be able to make every player 99 overall

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

I agree with ur post and disagree with it..yes seems lame to have everyone 99..but some like me and others wouldn't do this..would use it To help fix progression.. Fix incoming rookies..fix player model that are wrong which will happen..fix game play when something or many things don't work right (ie auto subs)..fix when a player like Nick Foles has a great year no one saw coming or when a player has a down year Maurice Jones Drew.. Not to bust anyone's bubble but if draft classes were fully edit..they would have told us already..not say practices are better..also with practices better we will still use them? Cause when playing in offline CPU never used them giving the player an unfair advantage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 07-01-2014, 07:54 PM   #207
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
I agree with ur post and disagree with it..yes seems lame to have everyone 99..but some like me and others wouldn't do this..would use it To help fix progression.. Fix incoming rookies..fix player model that are wrong which will happen..fix game play when something or many things don't work right (ie auto subs)..fix when a player like Nick Foles has a great year no one saw coming or when a player has a down year Maurice Jones Drew.. Not to bust anyone's bubble but if draft classes were fully edit..they would have told us already..not say practices are better..also with practices better we will still use them? Cause when playing in offline CPU never used them giving the player an unfair advantage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once again, you guys are crying about self-control! Who cares if some guy wanted to make Dez Bryant have 99 throwing power?!? If people want to use editable rosters to make their team a 99 overall, moe power to them. But for people that like realism, they will use it to help progress players forgoten players like Brian Hoyer, edit the rookie classes, or fix unrealistic player progressions.

We play franchise mode for entertainment, to build our own dynasty, and "for people who like crappy teams like myself" escape the reality of the real NFL. Give us the ability to customize OUR OWN franchise.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:11 PM   #208
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

I'm generally cool with any option, so in that regard ratings editing is fine, imo but I don't like it as a solution for those that want a more traditional simulation video game progression system. I posted about this before that it's backwards the way "sim" elements are treated as afterthoughts in relation to a simulation video game. It's cool that Looman and whoever else wanted a way to make CCM/CFM player progression more interactive but I don't really understand why that required removing the existing traditional way.

I get the whole thing about they put all this time into XP progression so they want everyone to use it but I don't think making it the only option and forcing it on gamers is the way to........you know what, my bad, just realized the irony of what I was about to say. Nevermind.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »