Home

Was/has there been any franchise info released?

This is a discussion on Was/has there been any franchise info released? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 07:46 PM   #233

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Was/has there been any franchise info released?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsSB2015
Haha! You'd think they'd have a release plan vs. "hopefully soon".
He probably does.

Problem with giving an exact date is that if it doesn't happen people everywhere are up in arms.

I'm very critical of this game in most aspects but sometimes you guys just need to look at these things realistically.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:46 PM   #234
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

You really think they don't, and Clint is supposed to be the source for Madden news? That's a bit of a reach.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 07-02-2014, 07:53 PM   #235
Banned

PatsSB2015's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
He probably does.

Problem with giving an exact date is that if it doesn't happen people everywhere are up in arms.

I'm very critical of this game in most aspects but sometimes you guys just need to look at these things realistically.
I was just going on what was said. You're right about people getting upset though if it doesn't happen when planned. I am sure we'll get the info soon. If I had to bet, after the 4th of July weekend.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2014, 07:54 PM   #236
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

Quote:
My mother taught me that your word is your bond. If you don't want people up in arms, DO WHAT YOU SAY YOU'RE GONNA DO. Don't half-*** it. I see no problem in giving an exact date unless you won't follow it, and if you at least notify us beforehand, it doesn't become a problem that people are "up in arms" about it.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:01 PM   #237

kehlis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
My mother taught me that your word is your bond. If you don't want people up in arms, DO WHAT YOU SAY YOU'RE GONNA DO. Don't half-*** it. I see no problem in giving an exact date unless you won't follow it, and if you at least notify us beforehand, it doesn't become a problem that people are "up in arms" about it.
What if they don't know an exact date for sure?

There's a lot more to this than just one person making a decision that he can abide to.

I love what your mom told you and that's great to live by but if she wants you to clean your room, that's entirely up to you to say I will do it tomorrow. If you don't it's on you.

This is something that has many moving parts and isn't something someone comes into the office on a Monday morning and says oh wait, I'm going to release that blog today.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:09 PM   #238
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

Quote:
What if they don't know an exact date for sure?

There's a lot more to this than just one person making a decision that he can abide to.

I love what your mom told you and that's great to live by but if she wants you to clean your room, that's entirely up to you to say I will do it tomorrow. If you don't it's on you.

This is something that has many moving parts and isn't something someone comes into the office on a Monday morning and says oh wait, I'm going to release that blog today.
We're obviously on opposite sides here, you think I'm making it too simple, I think you're over- complicating it. I understand it's more than one person, I'm not stupid or slow. But a team that releases an annual game can't at least give a relative - date on when info (not game, probably just a progress report) can be or will be released seems odd to me. If I'm wrong, I apologize, but it seems easy to say "we have info on this feature we'd like to show in so and so weeks." And if you can't, don't say anything at all.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:13 PM   #239
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
He probably does.

I agree Clint shouldn't necessarily be the messenger but it's not like EA hasn't released a schedule of dates for when news of various aspects of Madden are planned to be made public. Also back then they had to coordinate that with NCAA Football news, which isn't an issue this year. Of course EA/Tiburon can and does do whatever they choose but I'm just saying it's not unreasonable or unprecedented for there to be dates released for Madden news.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:22 PM   #240

kehlis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
We're obviously on opposite sides here, you think I'm making it too simple, I think you're over- complicating it. I understand it's more than one person, I'm not stupid or slow. But a team that releases an annual game can't at least give a relative - date on when info (not game, probably just a progress report) can be or will be released seems odd to me. If I'm wrong, I apologize, but it seems easy to say "we have info on this feature we'd like to show in so and so weeks." And if you can't, don't say anything at all.
And that's all fair enough.

I'm just relating it to my personal experiences. I sit in multiple meetings every week about changes and things that are coming that will affect both our customer AND our employees yet there are times we have to wait 6 months to even share them with our employees let alone send out mailings or emails to our customers.

All we hear is it has to pass legal, it has to pass marketing, etc.

I'm not comparing my job to video games because they are not similar, but I can see why you wouldn't marry yourself to a date.

And I'm not sure if I gave the impression but I had no intention of insinuating you were dumb and if I gave that impression I apologize.

I guess my thing is that while there is certainly many area's of this game we can all agree need a ton of work I wouldn't agree that not knowing the exact date of releasing info is egregious.

And that doesn't at all mean I think the info coming is going to be anything groundbreaking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I agree Clint shouldn't necessarily be the messenger but it's not like EA hasn't released a schedule of dates for when news of various aspects of Madden are planned to be made public. Also back then they had to coordinate that with NCAA Football news, which isn't an issue this year. Of course EA/Tiburon can and does do whatever they choose but I'm just saying it's not unreasonable or unprecedented for there to be dates released for Madden news.
No it's not, and I don't disagree.

I'm just saying of all the things that we like to put their head on a platter for on this site (and others) this really isn't something that should be at the top of the list.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »