Home

Was/has there been any franchise info released?

This is a discussion on Was/has there been any franchise info released? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
How SDS Can Improve the 'Full Minors' Feature for MLB The Show 21
Top 10 Shootout Players to Fear in NHL 21
Skatebird Preview - Updated Hands-On With New Rooftop Level
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 11:08 AM   #249
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Was/has there been any franchise info released?

I think people just hold EA to different standards or want them to repeat what they did in past years. I'm looking forward to a lot of games coming out in the next few months and I don't know everything about all of them. The companies have put out some trailers and did some E3 demos but they haven't revealed everything about every game mode. I don't know why Madden, two months ahead of release, has to put everything out on the table for some people to be happy. Not only that, but people make all sorts of assumptions like "CFM must be exactly the same except for practices.". Destiny comes out around the same time as Madden and Bungie is still holding plenty of things to themselves and will probably leave some surprises too.

If it was august 23rd then maybe this thread would make sense.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:17 AM   #250
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
There's still almost two months until the game comes out and EA hasn't said the words "Ultimate Team" yet other than preorder bonuses. There will most certainly be more Madden 15 feature reveals, and CFM improvements likely are among them.

There's an entire studio under the EA fold located in Austin, TX which is solely responsible for development of CFM mode. I seriously doubt they have been doing nothing for ten months.
Or they have been assigned to something else. Maybe expanding MUT. We just won't know until actual news comes out.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:22 AM   #251
Banned

Quote:
It's not super-unusual for a large game to have some of its components developed across multiple studios, though I wouldn't necessarily call it a frequent occurrence. And yes, that could help explain the inconsistencies between slider functionality in Play Now and CFM, I'm (wild) guessing caused by values being translated incorrectly or not being read at all.
I would hope the Play Now and Franchise gameplay would be done by the same studio and not split. I would expect the split to be somewhat isolated areas. Like presentation, gameplay (which would include sliders), MUT, CCM/CFM. I'm not there, but I just don't see how it would make any sense to make the split between studios that would cause slider inconsistencies between gameplay modes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2014, 11:25 AM   #252
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
I think people just hold EA to different standards or want them to repeat what they did in past years. I'm looking forward to a lot of games coming out in the next few months and I don't know everything about all of them.
For me it's past reputation that makes me need to know more about Madden than other games. I don't follow MLB The Show like this, or NBA2K. I usually just go out and buy them.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:26 AM   #253
Pro

Step2001's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
There's still almost two months until the game comes out and EA hasn't said the words "Ultimate Team" yet other than preorder bonuses. There will most certainly be more Madden 15 feature reveals, and CFM improvements likely are among them.

There's an entire studio under the EA fold located in Austin, TX which is solely responsible for development of CFM mode. I seriously doubt they have been doing nothing for ten months.

Yeah, we'll see, my expectations are higher than yours. Like I said, word on here, work has been done on practice situation. Right there, My expectation is that a player can now be injured (includes hamstrings), re-aggravate an injury, QB hits his hand on a helmet while throwing etc. etc.

If it's not, then what is CFM about going into it's 3rd Year? Parcells would say the 3rd year is key, if a player has not shown it by year three, he probably won't! It fits here........

Already smh as word on the audio Pre-Game & Halftime show will not talk about injuries. Keys to the Game? Was told to hang on for CFM news, okay, I wait, but not holding my breath.

Last edited by Step2001; 07-03-2014 at 11:29 AM.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:29 AM   #254
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Step2001
Yeah, we'll see, my expectations are higher than yours. Like I said, word on here, work has been done on practice situation. Right there, My expectation is that a player can now be injured (includes hamstrings), re-aggravate an injury, QB hits his hand on a helmet while throwing etc. etc.

If it's not, then what is CFM about going into it's 3rd Year? Parcells would say the 3rd year is key, if a player has not shown it by year three, he probably won't! It fits here........
Yeah, but that practice part was a snippet of a interview with the Creative Director.

He wasn't actually detailing CFM.

The info will come out, we are just used to schedules of blogs in the past.

The info definitely won't come out the before the holiday and might not come the week after the holiday because many people take vacations.

Last edited by roadman; 07-03-2014 at 11:32 AM.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:46 AM   #255
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
For me it's past reputation that makes me need to know more about Madden than other games. I don't follow MLB The Show like this, or NBA2K. I usually just go out and buy them.
If that's the case then you should play it before you buy it. I buy Madden every year, but I still follow this stuff just because. Nothing they could say now would make me buy M15 if I didn't like M25, i'd have to play it first. But I got enjoyment out of M25 but there were some big things that needed fixing that are small gameplay things that don't make pre-release news. Like does the CPU RT still allow my End to lead the league in sacks every year regardless of what you do to the sliders or settings.

I can't think of a CFM feature that would make Madden a must buy if someone didn't like M25. The gameplay is pretty much the same with better AI for defenders, it seems.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2014, 11:53 AM   #256
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
I think people just hold EA to different standards or want them to repeat what they did in past years. I'm looking forward to a lot of games coming out in the next few months and I don't know everything about all of them. The companies have put out some trailers and did some E3 demos but they haven't revealed everything about every game mode. I don't know why Madden, two months ahead of release, has to put everything out on the table for some people to be happy. Not only that, but people make all sorts of assumptions like "CFM must be exactly the same except for practices.". Destiny comes out around the same time as Madden and Bungie is still holding plenty of things to themselves and will probably leave some surprises too.

If it was august 23rd then maybe this thread would make sense.
So maybe you would suggest people ignore Tiburon's track record and just give them the benefit of the doubt every year but not doing so is hardly unreasonable. Last year sometime in May we had news of "Tycoon/Owner" mode, circa threads like this http://www.operationsports.com/forum...round-web.html (Check the posting dates)

Also the practice concern come from a statement made by Rex stating the main improvement for CFM is practice.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »