Home

Was/has there been any franchise info released?

This is a discussion on Was/has there been any franchise info released? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
How SDS Can Improve the 'Full Minors' Feature for MLB The Show 21
Top 10 Shootout Players to Fear in NHL 21
Skatebird Preview - Updated Hands-On With New Rooftop Level
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 12:57 PM   #25
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Was/has there been any franchise info released?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsSB2015
Agreed. This is how I'd like to do my franchise. Have full control of all times, manage the roster, depth chart, etc. Have the CPU's battle it out in pre-season, regular season, and the post season. Adjust the rosters to give them the best advantage to win, but allow the A.I. decide individual games. I would skip the team and individual practices because it doesn't interest me. I get the concept, but it isn't for me.
Oh, I want to play games. Just not actively endure mindless practice after practice in order to get progression.
Old 06-14-2014, 11:30 AM   #26
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
I hope there are more major changes than that. I am sure we will start seeing blogs talking about new stuff starting in July up to release day.
I'm hoping that they just didn't want to tell us all the changes they made to CFM yet since they want to save it for later to keep people interested.
Old 06-14-2014, 12:31 PM   #27
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Improvements to CCM are very simple to me
1. Edit draft classes
2. Coordinators
3. Ability to fire coaches anytime
4. More customization on coaches and owners I.e. hats, visors, pullovers, ect...
Old 06-14-2014, 12:52 PM   #28
Pro

StL_RamZ's Arena

OVR: 12

have a feeling CFM is gonna be basically left untouched.... I mean he did say the biggest improvement was practice....

queue the Allen Iverson rant

"We're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice"

I mean come on guys be serious EA cant do everything in one year.
Old 06-14-2014, 12:59 PM   #29
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
Oh, I want to play games. Just not actively endure mindless practice after practice in order to get progression.
When they introduced CCM, before it was CFM, Josh Looman said they were purposely putting in a kind of grinding element on purpose. The idea was sort of copying other story based games that give tasks to skill up, and to reward those who put the time in.

Then with CFM the next year, they shortned the practices and made fewer task scenarios to make the whole practice experience less burdensome on players who wanted to get the XP.

But really, the whole "grinding" idea was a bad one, as even the story based games are moving away from linearity to open worlds and systems, giving players more choice and ability to create their own experience.

The grinding element was put in on purpose, and hopefully they've discovered that they need to create options for ways to play. Since people seemed to like the training mode this year with the boss levels and such based on E3, maybe using that system will be more fun, and varied enough from regular gameplay to reduce the repetitive, boring part of practice.

The whole progression system needs work of course, because if you did practice every week in CFM last year your players would be pretty nerfed up by year 2 or certainly year 3, kind of messing with game balance. But since the gameplay was so messed up it's hard to know just how much.
Old 06-14-2014, 02:00 PM   #30
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Since we are talking about practice changing, my hope is that they fixed the fact that CPU teams do not do their practices.

Since each player on your teams gets 1,000-2,000 XP for each practice depending on if you win/loose, you accumulate thousands of extra XP which CPU players never get since the CPU teams never practice.

This stunts the growth of CPU players big time, compared to Human controlled teams.

That simple fix alone will make a big improvement.

I hope they fixed it.
Old 06-14-2014, 02:29 PM   #31
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
Since we are talking about practice changing, my hope is that they fixed the fact that CPU teams do not do their practices.

Since each player on your teams gets 1,000-2,000 XP for each practice depending on if you win/loose, you accumulate thousands of extra XP which CPU players never get since the CPU teams never practice.

This stunts the growth of CPU players big time, compared to Human controlled teams.

That simple fix alone will make a big improvement.

I hope they fixed it.
Yeah, but if they just let CPU teams sim practice every week, the whole league will be filled with players with 90+ ratings, several per team, before very long.

The whole progression system needs work. It's a tough balance: users want to be able to improve their teams through effort and be rewarded with competitive advantage. On the other hand, if you allow for too much reward, it breaks the sompetitive sim.

This is not a problem unique to Madden. In NBA 2K14, the Association mode lets you skill up your GM and training facilities to the point where any drafted overall 60 rated rookie could be so boosted that he's playing at an overall of 90+ before his rookie contract is up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2014, 02:56 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 2

I really had my hopes up for practice squads to be put in, but now I'm really doubting it.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »