Home

Was/has there been any franchise info released?

This is a discussion on Was/has there been any franchise info released? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 11:19 AM   #329
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Was/has there been any franchise info released?

I don't understand why progression can't be handled like The Elder Scrolls. The more you do something successfully, the better you get at it. The more medium passes you complete, that attribute adjusts accordingly. The more successful your stiff arms are, the better your stiff arm attribute gets.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:21 AM   #330
Rookie

I hate having to manually select where XP gets distributed. You can use XP to make stats better that you didn't earn or get that XP from. It doesn't make sense.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:25 AM   #331
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Just came across this:

https://twitter.com/ClintOldenburg/s...36650344407040

Take that for what you will. Not sure if its as big a win as custom draft classes would be, but the online draft guide issue was a big problem for multiplayer online CFMs which sorely needed to be addressed.
Didn't they say this before though?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2014, 11:40 AM   #332
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Just came across this:

https://twitter.com/ClintOldenburg/s...36650344407040

Take that for what you will. Not sure if its as big a win as custom draft classes would be, but the online draft guide issue was a big problem for multiplayer online CFMs which sorely needed to be addressed.
My concern is that he only means it won't be sequential like past years. I want random names/ratings/colleges...everything. The way it is worded it sounds like they could have 30 draft classes but they'll be randomized instead of sequential order. But the class population will remain static.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 07-08-2014, 01:19 PM   #333
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
My concern is that he only means it won't be sequential like past years. I want random names/ratings/colleges...everything. The way it is worded it sounds like they could have 30 draft classes but they'll be randomized instead of sequential order. But the class population will remain static.
"Guides will be useless this year" implies to me that, regardless if the tailored draft classes are ordered or unordered, users will not be able to document the players to crib sheets to create cheat sheets for all online players going forward, which is the biggest concern.

I personally don't really care if the 30 draft classes are completely random or not so long as other users I can't control can no longer game the system, putting me at a disadvantage because I choose to not read said guides. Fairness is my biggest concern.
Old 07-08-2014, 02:38 PM   #334
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
I don't see how they can keep their fascination with story lines and truly randomize. Sure, they can shuffle the draft class deck in random order, but that's just an increment, not a solution.

They have only gone about this by increments. They introduced some alternate outcomes for some story line players, and created some randomized potential ratings for a subset of non-story line players in the draft last year. Looman said that would make the draft guides obsolete last year. But it didn't.

Taking the structure from last year and allowing any of the 30 draft classes to appear in random order will not solve any of this. The only way I can see they could solve it would be to let go of the story lines.

In that case, you could randomize names and ratings for any draft class. With how much Looman seemed to be enamored of the whole story line feature, I doubt they let it go.
Old 07-08-2014, 10:07 PM   #335
MVP

Toupal's Arena

If only there was a way around the draft classes, by allowing us to edit them...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2014, 12:06 AM   #336
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
Didn't they say this before though?
And their "fix" did more harm then good. By introducing a random element it resulted in messed up ratings. I got a CB rated 88 strength. The draft classes actually got worse this past year. Way to go EA.

I really hope Clint was being sneaky and in two weeks or so will come out and say guides will be useless because of the edit draft class feature. But I am also hoping to be captain of the starship Enterprise.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »