Home

Was/has there been any franchise info released?

This is a discussion on Was/has there been any franchise info released? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
How SDS Can Improve the 'Full Minors' Feature for MLB The Show 21
Top 10 Shootout Players to Fear in NHL 21
Skatebird Preview - Updated Hands-On With New Rooftop Level
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 10:46 AM   #345
MVP

Robcards's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Was/has there been any franchise info released?

Why in the world is editting draft classes not in the game? I was really looking forward to getting a next gen and m15, but if I'm forced to play with Rob Robinovich and Timmy Virgin, no thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2014, 11:35 AM   #346
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reejer
They can maintain the storylines and just randomize the players names, and schools.

Ex: Have a one and done, roulette set of storylines for each position, draft projection, etc. then fit the storyline with the appropriate positional (a low CTH rating could fit into a storyline about a player that dropped a couple of passes at the Combine), and universal ratings (a low INJ rating could fit into an injury prone storyline). Then you would just have to adjust the code to insert a random player name, picture, and school.
No, it would also affect the in season draft related tweets, and the audio during the draft where specific player names are recorded for the story lines. So there's more to it than what you described.

Randomizing the players' names would require code to plug the random names into the draft tweets and audio during the draft that records the full possible range of fist and last names.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:38 AM   #347
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
No, it would also affect the in season draft related tweets, and the audio during the draft where specific player names are recorded for the story lines. So there's more to it than what you described.

Randomizing the players' names would require code to plug the random names into the draft tweets and audio during the draft that records the full possible range of fist and last names.
I think they should either get rid of that or expand on it and have the announcers talk about it once you get into the game. As of right now you just hear Trey talk about it when the player gets drafted and then that's it you don't hear anything else about it.
Old 07-09-2014, 12:22 PM   #348
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC

This hasn't been the biggest of hits, totally unnecessary. When they have other things to worry, they shouldn't change what was right to only add on to their problems. Just drop the stupid stuff, I haven't really seen anyone say that the draft talk is that big of a deal.
Old 07-09-2014, 02:32 PM   #349
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
"Guides will be useless this year" implies to me that, regardless if the tailored draft classes are ordered or unordered, users will not be able to document the players to crib sheets to create cheat sheets for all online players going forward, which is the biggest concern.

I personally don't really care if the 30 draft classes are completely random or not so long as other users I can't control can no longer game the system, putting me at a disadvantage because I choose to not read said guides. Fairness is my biggest concern.
I welcome this greatly! i dont care how they do it, even if it did mean getting rid of storylines, which i doubt they do. Im so sick n tired of the cheating A draft guides making all online league drafts pointless. Hardly ever find anyone good after round 2. Eventhough the attributes wasnt the best, i still loved the ncaa imported classes from last year, cause then people could only draft based on what they actually scouted and nothing else. I cant wait for this in m15 and to hear all the cheaters in the OS forums crying their famed draft guides arent helping them cheat anymore!! BRING IT ON!

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 07-09-2014, 04:14 PM   #350
MVP

Toupal's Arena

I don't see why Madden can't randomly generate draft classes at the start of the season, and allow you to go in and edit/ plug in the information you want.
Have it presented by Mel Kiper with his big board. It would go something like

1.Tommy Suarez- WR Missouri
2.Jim Bryant- DE Tennessee
3.Derrick Chang- QB Washington
4.Mike Harris- LT Rutgers
5.Alex McDonald- QB Grambling
...and so on and so on....

These guys are randomly selected to be highlighted by the live feed tweets and all that crap.

But before the season starts, you can go in and maually change the players in Mel Kipers Big Board to reflect something more realistic by changing:
Tommy Suarez to Amari Cooper
Jim Bryant to Randy Gregory
Derrick Chang to Marcus Marriota
Alex McDonald to Jameis Winston
This way, they can still be used for the tweets and all that garbage, but it would use real prospects instead.

Just to dig deeper into it, from there, you can go into editing ratings, apperances, and all that.
Old 07-09-2014, 04:47 PM   #351
MVP

Toupal's Arena

My fix to the lack of custom draft classes
At the begining of each season in madden, it always used to ask if you would like to import your draft class from NCAA. Clearly that is no longer an option. I used to love playing Dynasty Mode in NCAA specifically to create real recruits, watch them go to whatever team, have a nice career, and then graduate or leave for the draft so I could later look at drafting them to my team in my madden dynasty.

With it no longer being an option, I feel like there are a few ways EA could go about getting draft classes that mean something back to Madden. However, I feel like there might be an even easier way for the fans to make their own realistic draft classes.

Remember when EA had the specific team builder website for NCAA? It was a nice fix to not having FCS schools in the game, and it allowed for us to create old teams and random teams like Blue Mountain State. It was easy and fun to use. I think Madden needs to do something along these lines for a create a team (but that is for another time), but more importantly, allow us to create draft classes.

Imagine how easy and cool it would be to start with a random draft class template that would be presented the same way the free agency in madden is. That way you can flip through by positions, and organize it based on overall ranking, speed, strength and all of that.
The website would have roughly 300 random generated players that you could manually go in and edit each prospect, or just a couple of the big names.
Granted not everyone would want to do the work for that, but it would be used the same way roster sharing on NCAA would be used. If someone made all 300 players to the exact detail and shared it with the entire Madden community, think of how much more in depth people would get with their draft.

With the 300 players, and only 256 draft picks, that would leave more than enough room for (drum roll)..... undrafted free-agents!

Some of the things that would be editable could be:
Profile Picture- If your guy has dreads, and is represnted by a bald guy, what is the point? Put a real picture as if they were already in the game
Bio- Change the name, age, college, hometown
Appearance-Height, weight, size, build, skin color, hair, equipment
Ratings- Pretty black and white. Edit the players ratings to what you feel most closely ressembles that player.

I have accepted that this feature probably wont be in Madden 15, but all I can do is hope that EA has something planned like this planned for down the road.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2014, 05:09 PM   #352
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

Connected Franchise info in "next few weeks", per Oldenburg's twitter.
https://twitter.com/ClintOldenburg/s...62940201426945
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »