Home

Was/has there been any franchise info released?

This is a discussion on Was/has there been any franchise info released? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
How SDS Can Improve the 'Full Minors' Feature for MLB The Show 21
Top 10 Shootout Players to Fear in NHL 21
Skatebird Preview - Updated Hands-On With New Rooftop Level
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 03:34 PM   #385
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Was/has there been any franchise info released?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktwain77
I hope advanced stat tracking is something they focus on. Honestly, it's one of the biggest immersion issues for me in CFM.

For example, how hard would it be to have a list of SB teams/winners? They had it in previous Maddens and I think even back in the Gameday series...

Go right from SB 1 to wherever you are in your CFM. How hard is that? After you play 7-10 seasons it's neat to look back and see who won the SB each season, even if it was a CPU team.

Then, reference that in season. You're playing the defending world champs. Looking to repeat...Need to win this week to make the playoffs. That type of stuff that would take stats/records into account would be amazing, and doesn't seem that difficult/big to do.
In NCAA Online Dynasty, they also did very well at having overall NCAA records as well as Individual School Record keeping.

Madden 15 and beyond must incorporate this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2014, 03:39 PM   #386
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

To be honest, I just want two very simple, very easy things.
One: Coaching staffs. Not even detailed staffs with QB coaches, WR coaches, etc. Just an OC, DC, and STC.
Two: Practice Squads.
Very simple, very easy things that don't require cutting off a limb. I don't need extreme detail, CFM isn't all that bad at the moment. Just those two things.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 07-13-2014, 03:56 PM   #387
MVP

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
To be honest, I just want two very simple, very easy things.
One: Coaching staffs. Not even detailed staffs with QB coaches, WR coaches, etc. Just an OC, DC, and STC.
Two: Practice Squads.
Very simple, very easy things that don't require cutting off a limb. I don't need extreme detail, CFM isn't all that bad at the moment. Just those two things.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I'd like to see those as well but I feel kind of the opposite where I'd only like to see them implemented with, maybe not extreme but, some kind of detail to make them worthwhile. I don't just want to see them thrown in and have the only difference between them being FA's is you get to give them XP. Some sort of specific team playbook or scheme knowledge rating or something.

Same for the coaching staff. I don't just want to have them for the sake of having them. I want to have them so that they affect and mold my team the way I choose as well as the CPU teams.
Old 07-13-2014, 04:08 PM   #388
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

Ncaa also had team records which was cool. If a qb broke an individual passing record for their team in a game if noticed it. I think it also had season records as well. There's a lot less Nfl teams compared to College football.

If they added practice drills to franchise mode at least give the cpu the ability to SIM those. Give a 50/50 pass and fail ratio.

With the draft classes all players should have dynamic scouting reports. And then we should be able to scout individual players ourselves. I think for draft commentary instead of saying names just have a first round spotlight and other notable names having short little breakdowns. Just have the commentary say "this player" and have generic ratings driven dialogue. For example you take a storyline player drafted in the third round. He had a first round grade though but fell due to injury concerns or a bad combine. It would have the player info popup and scripted dialogue that would go like this "This player from (recorded school name) originally had a first round grade. He had a great college career but fell to the third round due to a poor combine. He is not that fast but has great acceleration and breaks tackles. He won't come in and start right away but he should make an excellent short yardage back" just keep it random and generic. Piecing together the commentary based on ratings and other storylines but make those happen more at random also since the only time they get mentioned by name is during the draft. Just make sure the ratings make sense.

I don't want to turn it into a wishlist thread but I think this is what it has already turned into. I'm definitely waiting for franchise info to be released since this is my Madden bread and butter.
Old 07-13-2014, 04:09 PM   #389
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I'd like to see those as well but I feel kind of the opposite where I'd only like to see them implemented with, maybe not extreme but, some kind of detail to make them worthwhile. I don't just want to see them thrown in and have the only difference between them being FA's is you get to give them XP. Some sort of specific team playbook or scheme knowledge rating or something.

Same for the coaching staff. I don't just want to have them for the sake of having them. I want to have them so that they affect and mold my team the way I choose as well as the CPU teams.
I'm with you on this 50 times over, but I realize this is EA. And so with that realization, I limit my wants to what is within their "caliber of implementation."
Old 07-13-2014, 04:32 PM   #390
MVP

DeuceDouglas's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
I'm with you on this 50 times over, but I realize this is EA. And so with that realization, I limit my wants to what is within their "caliber of implementation."
I just want something to build on honestly. It doesn't have to be perfect year one but there has to be something. If it's just in with nothing that correlates with it then it's a failure.

Why put any time into signing a practice squad when it means nothing? Why take time to hire a coaching staff that has no effect on the players on my roster? Why play preseason?

I don't want to have to ask those questions when it comes to CFM. It doesn't have to be perfect just something that has some sort of affect to make it worthwhile.
Old 07-13-2014, 04:53 PM   #391
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I just want something to build on honestly. It doesn't have to be perfect year one but there has to be something. If it's just in with nothing that correlates with it then it's a failure.

Why put any time into signing a practice squad when it means nothing? Why take time to hire a coaching staff that has no effect on the players on my roster? Why play preseason?

I don't want to have to ask those questions when it comes to CFM. It doesn't have to be perfect just something that has some sort of affect to make it worthwhile.
Again, I'm 100% with you. But making certain features worthwhile is also somewhat subjective to the player.

Player A: When it comes to signing a practice squad, player A looks at those 8 players and realizes they have chosen those 8 prospects out of those 37 cut (90 to 53) that played well enough to stay a part of the team. Player A well knows that any of those 8 can eventually be starters and a keen evaluation is absolutely necessary for the benefit of the team.

That same player comes to the offseason. Their head coach led their team to a 5-11 year, and they has parted ways with said coach. An offensive coordinator that was with a team that passed for over 4000 yards and was in the top 10 for rushing is available. Knowing well enough that the player's team struggled immensely on offense, Player A chooses this coordinator to be the new Head Coach.

Player B: Sign 8 random guys they want to fill the practice squad, only thinking of them as immediate band-aids for an injured player and any other use is nothing more than satire.

Offseason roles around, and this one coach has a cool name and went 10-6. Screw stats, sign him up.

To me, the player can bring the game farther. But to your point, a coach should have a large impact on players (progression, regression, on the field play). You should never have to ask those questions in a good franchise mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2014, 07:32 PM   #392
Pro

GoToledo's Arena

OVR: 14

Has there been any word on weather we will be able to change the CPU team's uniforms in CFM this year?

Sideshow Bob
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »