Home

Was/has there been any franchise info released?

This is a discussion on Was/has there been any franchise info released? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 07:20 PM   #417
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Was/has there been any franchise info released?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre8
I feel like the popularity of this thread is a fair barometer for how important CFM is to the core Madden gamers out there. I know there are a few apologists that think our concerns are either 'not important' or they will be alleviated simply because EA has 'shifted' resources.

The stats and the completely disconnected feeling from game to game and season to season is a legacy issue for Madden. I really want to have faith in Madden 15 and really want to play it day one. That said - I am going to wait it out and unfortunately I have a terrible feeling that offline CFM is going to be relegated to the back burner as Ultimate Team becomes the cash cow.
It's sad when winning the Super Bowl hasn't been an achievement in years.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:22 PM   #418
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
It's absolutely gross. It makes me sick when I see Ditka, fully young 45 year old Ditka, come out of retirement. It makes CFM some kind of unrealistic fantasy mode. It would be better if we can just turn the entire feature off.
I think it'd be better if they used fictional guys instead of legends at least when it comes to coaches. Maybe some sort of storyline, similar to Chip Kelly, where a coach is the hot new thing that brings some kind of unique playbook to whatever team hires him or what not. Don't name him Dip Belly and make him some kind of doppelganger of a current or former coach. Get creative and make something interesting. An old school coach that believes in the Wing-T. A new age coach that believes in throwing 60 times a game.

But agreed, the coming out retirement stuff is pretty ridiculous and should be taken out or at the very least have an option.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:26 PM   #419
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Anybody like me that really wishes they would go back to the early August release date?

I hate the fact that the game comes out so late and just over a week before opening day.
I agree. The best year was the year they released it on the hall of fame game. They said the move was to keep it closer to the opening of the football season. I think it was done to help the NCAA sales that were dropping.

I wonder if the later release date has hurt their sales. For one, summer vacation is over for most kids late August. The fall is usually pretty busy for video games. And the excitement for football in general is usually the highest when preseason begins (everyone has high hopes and just excited to have football back).
Old 07-14-2014, 07:43 PM   #420
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
I agree. The best year was the year they released it on the hall of fame game. They said the move was to keep it closer to the opening of the football season. I think it was done to help the NCAA sales that were dropping.

I wonder if the later release date has hurt their sales. For one, summer vacation is over for most kids late August. The fall is usually pretty busy for video games. And the excitement for football in general is usually the highest when preseason begins (everyone has high hopes and just excited to have football back).
Yeah, I think no doubt they did it to help NCAA sales. And I don't know if it hurts their sales any but I would highly doubt it helps at all. For me, I get the complete football juice at the start of mini camps and like right now, where we're less than 2 weeks away from training camp I would be in full Madden mode right now. But there's still a month probably from the demo (if we get one) and a month and a half from release. Hopefully with the unfortunate demise of NCAA, they'll move it back up to the first week of August or something. I don't really see how it could hurt.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:52 PM   #421
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

Quote:
Yeah, I think no doubt they did it to help NCAA sales. And I don't know if it hurts their sales any but I would highly doubt it helps at all. For me, I get the complete football juice at the start of mini camps and like right now, where we're less than 2 weeks away from training camp I would be in full Madden mode right now. But there's still a month probably from the demo (if we get one) and a month and a half from release. Hopefully with the unfortunate demise of NCAA, they'll move it back up to the first week of August or something. I don't really see how it could hurt.
And also for me Sundays are big for playing video games. Especially this time of year with only baseball on tv. Come football season I hardly play video games on weekends.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2014, 07:58 PM   #422
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0
Was/has there been any franchise info released?

Quote:
I think it'd be better if they used fictional guys instead of legends at least when it comes to coaches. Maybe some sort of storyline, similar to Chip Kelly, where a coach is the hot new thing that brings some kind of unique playbook to whatever team hires him or what not. Don't name him Dip Belly and make him some kind of doppelganger of a current or former coach. Get creative and make something interesting. An old school coach that believes in the Wing-T. A new age coach that believes in throwing 60 times a game.

But agreed, the coming out retirement stuff is pretty ridiculous and should be taken out or at the very least have an option.

To piggy back this..was it Head Coach were retired players sometimes became coaches? Or did they also do this in Madden? Because to see Ray Lewis, etc coach wouldn't be bad..but then they would have to also have OC and DC..to also fill void of coaches etc..which leads me to question..assistance coaches they in a union?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 07-14-2014, 07:59 PM   #423
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
And also for me Sundays are big for playing video games. Especially this time of year with only baseball on tv. Come football season I hardly play video games on weekends.
Same. I remember a couple years back they had a thing about how down Madden playing numbers were on Sundays during the season and it's the same for me. I don't hardly ever play on Sundays, it's football day lol. Same goes when the game released earlier, I remember there'd be times where I'd be a season or two in by the time the actual NFL season started which was always fun. Now I'm lucky to have a good settings base by week two or three.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:02 PM   #424
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
To piggy back this..was it Head Coach were retired players sometimes became coaches? Or did they also do this in Madden? Because to see Ray Lewis, etc coach wouldn't be bad..but then they would have to also have OC and DC..to also fill void of coaches etc..which leads me to question..assistance coaches they in a union?
Not sure if HC had it as well but I know Madden had it back in 2004 and possibly earlier. My favorite part about that was that their ratings would be tailored to their position and if they were your HC, OC, or DC they'd give boosts to those positions. It was cool.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »