Home

Was/has there been any franchise info released?

This is a discussion on Was/has there been any franchise info released? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
How SDS Can Improve the 'Full Minors' Feature for MLB The Show 21
Top 10 Shootout Players to Fear in NHL 21
Skatebird Preview - Updated Hands-On With New Rooftop Level
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 02:44 PM   #441
Rookie

totalpoop's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Was/has there been any franchise info released?

i'm not entirely sure if they fixed this issue in madden 25, but i recall not being able to see the weekly stats in weekly order for my players when you clicked the right/left stick which brought up their career stats, season stats and salary info as well as attributes.

sure it was a small issue but it helped immerse me in the franchise, i still play madden 2012 rather than 14 or 25 because the franchise mode was at least acceptable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2014, 03:11 PM   #442
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
I agree with you. The game was getting better and better each version on the PS2 and then onto the PS3 it was a total disaster. A complete dump for years, before they started to climb back out of the hole. Last year was ok, but man, we're missing things that made the game better a decade ago!

I truely wonder if EA really knows how large percentage of their audience has been playing the game since the 90s (NES for me), and KNOWS that the game was once better off the field?
You mean SNES/Genesis?
Old 07-16-2014, 03:16 PM   #443
Pro

StayPlation82's Arena

OVR: 12

i'd hold on until the game is gold that way I'm sure everything they say will be confirmed in or out. so a week, maybe 2?
Old 07-16-2014, 03:25 PM   #444
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Later release means more accurate rosters. They did this when they also expanded preseason rosters and had cut days. You''re getting training camp/preseason roster. Which is a nice bonus for guys like me who don't currently have internet connection stuck with way out of date rosters.
Old 07-16-2014, 04:57 PM   #445
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
Should be getting some CFM info within a couple weeks.
Good, I hope so. I wouldn't be surprised if they give the info out the week of the HOF game so it ties into the hype for that game. They released the Cover Vote in sync with the Draft so could be a possibility.

No matter what gets announced, I will always be asking what if and what could have been. What I mean by this is I can't help but think about AJ's Twitter rant a while back. Where he talked about things getting tweaked and being removed, etc. From that rant, it seems we should have a good franchise mode by now but corporate doesn't want to let them make it good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2014, 08:37 PM   #446
Pro

SiNsinNatti's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
I agree with you. The game was getting better and better each version on the PS2 and then onto the PS3 it was a total disaster. A complete dump for years, before they started to climb back out of the hole. Last year was ok, but man, we're missing things that made the game better a decade ago!

I truely wonder if EA really knows how large percentage of their audience has been playing the game since the 90s (NES for me), and KNOWS that the game was once better off the field?
That's my purpose is trying to find a way to reach EA with this simple request that they restore franchise to 2005 xbox/ps2 version with a few tweaks. I just want an enjoyable franchise mode again and I'm sure we aren't the only few who feel that way. How do we get this to EA's attention because maybe they think people really want gauntlet mode more than this and it's simple compared to all the innovations they've made over the years. It's damn near ten years since they have had a franchise worthy of playing. Before NBA 2K messed up with myGM, I'm sure they got their base for their association from Madden. 2k is making the best sports game and even they modeled something from old Madden.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:56 PM   #447
Rookie

totalpoop's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by goravens2052
No matter what gets announced, I will always be asking what if and what could have been. What I mean by this is I can't help but think about AJ's Twitter rant a while back. Where he talked about things getting tweaked and being removed, etc. From that rant, it seems we should have a good franchise mode by now but corporate doesn't want to let them make it good.

could you link me this twitter rant you speak of?
Old 07-16-2014, 11:57 PM   #448
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalpoop
i'm not entirely sure if they fixed this issue in madden 25, but i recall not being able to see the weekly stats in weekly order for my players when you clicked the right/left stick which brought up their career stats, season stats and salary info as well as attributes.

sure it was a small issue but it helped immerse me in the franchise, i still play madden 2012 rather than 14 or 25 because the franchise mode was at least acceptable.
Yeah this was HUGE issue for me too that they didn't fix in madden 25. It sucks because outside of the CCM menus it worked fine but for some reason in franchise mode (where it really matters) it was broken.

I liked this because like you said you can see the player's whole bio on one screen and it was accessible from most roster menus. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this was fixed for M15.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »