Home

Was/has there been any franchise info released?

This is a discussion on Was/has there been any franchise info released? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 12:25 AM   #449
Rookie

Reejer's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Was/has there been any franchise info released?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiNsinNatti
That's my purpose is trying to find a way to reach EA with this simple request that they restore franchise to 2005 xbox/ps2 version with a few tweaks. I just want an enjoyable franchise mode again and I'm sure we aren't the only few who feel that way. How do we get this to EA's attention because maybe they think people really want gauntlet mode more than this and it's simple compared to all the innovations they've made over the years. It's damn near ten years since they have had a franchise worthy of playing. Before NBA 2K messed up with myGM, I'm sure they got their base for their association from Madden. 2k is making the best sports game and even they modeled something from old Madden.
Amen!Amen! I am actually a Madden 2006 PS2 fanboy, because it ironed out the bugs of M-05' & it was the first year (and best year) of Superstar Mode. It had the most immersive F-mode and SS-mode released by Madden. The sad thing is that in each year of the PS3/360, instead of adding/improving on those modes, they "streamlined" (dev. quote) them, in other words they gutted those modes into hollow shells of their previous greatness.

I'm thinking that they might have figured that the info that they have given us is sufficient to keep the annual buyers on the hook, they added the amped up tutorial to draw in a new group of kids, but they didn't do anything to the game that would draw the old Madden players back to purchasing again (and the loss of old-school Franchise Mode gamers will be made up by the new kids and MUT lovers).

So financially they figure that they would at least break even, instead of the losses (of Maddenites) during the PS3-360 years. So M-15' might be exactly what they said it would be, nothing more...nothing less...(essentially M-25 with better graphics, better defensive awareness, a poor attempt at a half-time show, and a tutorial on steroids).

Last edited by Reejer; 07-17-2014 at 12:34 AM.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:48 AM   #450
Pro

StL_RamZ's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalpoop
could you link me this twitter rant you speak of?
http://www.operationsports.com/MMChr...nt-on-twitter/
Old 07-17-2014, 01:08 AM   #451
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalpoop
could you link me this twitter rant you speak of?
Yeah read what the other poster who beat me to it posted. It's very telling of what Franchise should be by now.

Last edited by goravens2052; 07-17-2014 at 01:10 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2014, 10:11 AM   #452
Rookie

totalpoop's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by StL_RamZ

wow very telling that someone who actually worked on the game, and more specifically franchise mode thought that it was basically trash. i always thought madden/EA was kind of in it's own little bubble world where everything they do is great, not slowly sucking the best feature of madden dry and killing any inspiration or morale from it's developers bone dry.

certainly paints EA in a way that most of us think about it now, they're a cash hungry corporation with a thinly veiled 'we care about what our loyal customers think' facade.

this game is truly going to be my turning point for the series, if the CFM sucks i'm done with this game until real competition comes around.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:25 AM   #453
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Buck_i_Nation

I have played the game (was at an event specifically for CFM). They will have plenty to talk about and there will be plenty more that they won't that you will find when you play the game.

Even with a very short dev cycle they got a ton of work done.

so I guess some stuff we have to find out for ourselves?... I never played practice in the new cfm's always skipped them so if all new stuff in that guess i'll never know... lmao.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:54 AM   #454
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
Buck_i_Nation

I have played the game (was at an event specifically for CFM). They will have plenty to talk about and there will be plenty more that they won't that you will find when you play the game.

so I guess some stuff we have to find out for ourselves?... I never played practice in the new cfm's always skipped them so if all new stuff in that guess i'll never know... lmao.
Music to my ears!
Old 07-17-2014, 01:40 PM   #455
Banned

OVR: 0

Do editing names and positions would be that game breaking?

Smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2014, 02:00 PM   #456
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
Buck_i_Nation

I pray this is the truth 🙏

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »