Home

Was/has there been any franchise info released?

This is a discussion on Was/has there been any franchise info released? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 10:31 PM   #457
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Was/has there been any franchise info released?

guys i have read all 46 pages of this

and i agree with most every idea here

but we are overlooked
1 thing

the NFL has to ok everything in the game

so i think the reason u do not see edit draft class u can edit player in franchise mode

is
A we would do a better job than ea
and B Goodell and the Owners do not want anyone lower theiring players EX CB R Sherman from 99 to 95 or so

on the edit draft class
they want u to by the game every year they are scared of if they added that u would just play madden 15 every year
Old 07-17-2014, 11:09 PM   #458
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerwoods

but we are overlooked
1 thing

so i think the reason u do not see edit draft class u can edit player in franchise mode

is
and B Goodell and the Owners do not want anyone lower theiring players EX CB R Sherman from 99 to 95 or so

on the edit draft class
they want u to by the game every year they are scared of if they added that u would just play madden 15 every year
The thing is, in NBA 2k they have custom draft classes and the ability to edit ratings in franchise, which would allow a player to play with updated rosters and people still buy it year after year. If that became an issue, all they have to do is shutdown the servers after about a year and a half or two years, and people will buy a new one. And since roster editing already exists outside of CFM, reasons A and B are both probably not right. I think it more just has to do with EA not wanting people to be able to cheat in online CFM's. And also, reason B doesn't make sense, as after a few seasons, most stars' OVR goes down, and some of the franchise QB's end up retiring.
Old 07-18-2014, 02:57 PM   #459
Rookie

OVR: 2

I wish there was a way to talk a player out of retirement... even if it was for some obscene amount on a 1 year deal or something....

Mostly to try to break career records! It USED to be in the game....
Old 07-18-2014, 10:55 PM   #460
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiNsinNatti
That's my purpose is trying to find a way to reach EA with this simple request that they restore franchise to 2005 xbox/ps2 version with a few tweaks. I just want an enjoyable franchise mode again and I'm sure we aren't the only few who feel that way. How do we get this to EA's attention because maybe they think people really want gauntlet mode more than this and it's simple compared to all the innovations they've made over the years. It's damn near ten years since they have had a franchise worthy of playing. Before NBA 2K messed up with myGM, I'm sure they got their base for their association from Madden. 2k is making the best sports game and even they modeled something from old Madden.
I asked dude Clint on twitter. I still play 07 on the ps2. I brought it up:

@ClintOldenburg Any chance EA could look at setting up Franchise mode to how it was on M07 for the ps2? Seems too much has been added and has just ruined the whole mode. Seems like everything good from that setup has been taken away and replaced with nonsense.

@JayB8525 don't know. I don't work on the mode, I'm on Gameplay. Thanks for your feedback.

Could you pass it along? I know of a lot of fans that are upset with the whole CFM.

@JayB8525 you got it

What good will this do? Probably none, but maybe if enough of us ask, we can get something going.
Old 07-18-2014, 11:02 PM   #461
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerwoods

but we are overlooked
1 thing

is

on the edit draft class
There is no indication whatsoever that the NFL would block or even frown upon either of those features. I think you are reaching quite a bit on this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2014, 06:40 PM   #462
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
There is no indication whatsoever that the NFL would block or even frown upon either of those features. I think you are reaching quite a bit on this.
yes the nfl has made madden take out features before..
Old 07-19-2014, 06:41 PM   #463
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0WN N DIRTY
But editing players within a franchise? They'd take that out even of we can do it outside of the mode?
Old 07-19-2014, 09:40 PM   #464
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0WN N DIRTY
Not those features. It is quite the leap to say that because the NFL wanted EA to remove blatant late hits that they also are blocking edit draft classes.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »